Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:29pm
Sparky wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:15pm
Sparky wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:06pm

Oh, you lucky Canucks, I wasn't aware the might Q had crossed the border, I thought we, your neighbors down south, were the only ones suffering their deep state BS.
Lemme tell you about a little dystopia we call Alberta (and, to a slightly lesser degree, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario; and Quebec; maybe the Maritimes and BC, I dunno).
Sounds like you've got plenty of real-estate up there, I think we should see about having them relocate to the great white north, we've had our fair share of them, they're all yours!
Plenty of arctic islands filled with polar bears that could be persuaded to adopt an all-human diet …
Rumor has it the polar bears won't eat them because they aren't shit eating bears.
I propose a ten-year experiment …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:35pm
Sparky wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:29pm
Sparky wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 5:15pm

Lemme tell you about a little dystopia we call Alberta (and, to a slightly lesser degree, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario; and Quebec; maybe the Maritimes and BC, I dunno).
Sounds like you've got plenty of real-estate up there, I think we should see about having them relocate to the great white north, we've had our fair share of them, they're all yours!
Plenty of arctic islands filled with polar bears that could be persuaded to adopt an all-human diet …
Rumor has it the polar bears won't eat them because they aren't shit eating bears.
I propose a ten-year experiment …
I like your thinking!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Boy, uhh, that's one hell of a coincidence. (For those unaware, https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... s/14-words)
Attachments
1488.JPG
1488.JPG (30.66 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 9:40am
Boy, uhh, that's one hell of a coincidence. (For those unaware, https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... s/14-words)
Yikes. If it were one of the splinter right-wing parties that have sprung up in the last few years, I'd say there's intentional signaling going on, but not the main party (yet).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:
Yikes. If it were one of the splinter right-wing parties that have sprung up in the last few years, I'd say there's intentional signaling going on, but not the main party (yet).
You expect me, an American, to know the nuances of the Canadian political system? Bless your heart. :naughty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:
You expect me, an American, to know the nuances of the Canadian political system? Bless your heart. :naughty:
Canadians are perpetually hoping the star quarterback will look at them someday. :disshame:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im fuzzy on individual names and what not but there was a Quebecois leader in the 90s who urged white Quebecois women to have more babies because the province was becoming to multicultural and not voting the right way.

Lucien Bouchard ?

Turns out my memory is pretty good eh?

https://apnews.com/article/6ab366da0658 ... c7707e4ed7

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 9:26am
Im fuzzy on individual names and what not but there was a Quebecois leader in the 90s who urged white Quebecois women to have more babies because the province was becoming to multicultural and not voting the right way.

Lucien Bouchard ?

Turns out my memory is pretty good eh?

https://apnews.com/article/6ab366da0658 ... c7707e4ed7
French nationalist is drenched in racism. Francophones of colour are regularly said to not speak the language "properly," even if they come from, say, France. And when the separatists lost the last referendum back in '95, Premier Jacques Parizeau blamed it on "money and ethnic votes" (*wink wink* Jews). It's fucking Carolina Nord et Sud when it comes to race.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Local campaign sign.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back from casting my early, futile ballot. My riding is as safely Liberal as Jim Crow County, Alabama, is for a Republican.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 11:53am
Back from casting my early, futile ballot. My riding is as safely Liberal as Jim Crow County, Alabama, is for a Republican.
Wait there's electioneering afoot north of my border?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Why, we's having an election for pryminister!

Liberals called an unnecessary election, figuring they could turn their minority into a majority and seriously misread the public mood. They might yet win, but it won't be a majority. The Conservatives, who were polling in the outhouse this summer, are ahead of the Liberals, but it's unlikely they'll be able to get a majority either. Ideally, the Liberals win but be sufficiently weakened to force them to constructively work with the NDP (social democrats). Either way, the knives will be out for our amiable frat boy PM.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:31pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Liberals called an unnecessary election, figuring they could turn their minority into a majority and seriously misread the public mood. They might yet win, but it won't be a majority. The Conservatives, who were polling in the outhouse this summer, are ahead of the Liberals, but it's unlikely they'll be able to get a majority either. Ideally, the Liberals win but be sufficiently weakened to force them to constructively work with the NDP (social democrats). Either way, the knives will be out for our amiable frat boy PM.
NDP is still kicking huh? Does the N still stand for New 30 years later?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In fact, this year is the 60th anniversary of its founding. They poll 15–20% nationally fairly consistently and the public always loves the leader … but won't vote for them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In fact, this year is the 60th anniversary of its founding. They poll 15–20% nationally fairly consistently and the public always loves the leader … but won't vote for them.
Oh shit, didn't know they'd been around that long.