revbob wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 10:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:28pm
Sparky wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 8:41pm
At today's alleged anti-mandatory vaccine protest in Ottawa. Yeah, this is totally about a government trampling on people's rights. After all, when you think Nazi, don't you think liberty?

edit: Coincidence or not, the Fuck Trudeau flag is the colours of the Conservative Party. Also, these super patriots parked their vehicles on the War Memorial site and were dancing on top of the tomb of the unknown soldier.
Hey, don't these people know that only our inbreds can fly the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?
I heard (and presume to be true) there are a bunch of Trump flags being flown, as well. None of this is surprising.
He's president of the world didn't you hear?

https://secondnexus.com/johnny-enlow-tr ... =gtakinsta
That's, like, bigger than president of the US. So who cares about that election?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 10:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:28pm
Sparky wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 9:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 8:41pm
At today's alleged anti-mandatory vaccine protest in Ottawa. Yeah, this is totally about a government trampling on people's rights. After all, when you think Nazi, don't you think liberty?

edit: Coincidence or not, the Fuck Trudeau flag is the colours of the Conservative Party. Also, these super patriots parked their vehicles on the War Memorial site and were dancing on top of the tomb of the unknown soldier.
Hey, don't these people know that only our inbreds can fly the "Don't Tread On Me" flag?
I heard (and presume to be true) there are a bunch of Trump flags being flown, as well. None of this is surprising.
He's president of the world didn't you hear?

https://secondnexus.com/johnny-enlow-tr ... =gtakinsta
Just goes to show you that God's got one heck of a sense of humor.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fucking freedom lovers literally pissed and shit on the aboriginal veterans monument. Yeah, they're just concerned about liberty, not white supremacy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IMG_4102.jpeg
IMG_4102.jpeg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 3037 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 6:46pm
IMG_4102.jpeg
Oh thats good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In case any non-Canadians care, the Conservatives turfed their "moderate" leader whose crime in their eyes was only playing footsy with the lunatics, not give them handies. Whether the party goes with a lunatic now—very probable—or not, they're going to split. Neither the nuts nor vaguely tolerable have any reason to share letterhead. It's now about splitting up assets and figuring who gets the house.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I came upon a display of US and Canadian flags along with a dont tread on me flag at a highway overpass yesterday.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 9:10am
I came upon a display of US and Canadian flags along with a dont tread on me flag at a highway overpass yesterday.
Apart from the usual Confederate flags (and a couple Nazi ones), there have been some Gadsden flags here, which is funny because Canada is made up of the British colonies that stayed loyal during that kerfuffle in the late 1770s.

The incompetence/collusion of the Ottawa police was recently revealed when we learned that despite requests from the feds to restrict tying up the roads in front of Parliament, the cops refused because they were told by the truckers that they'd only be there three days.

Can't help but think we're approaching a point where the military will be called in to clear this out one way or another.

edit: Rumours now that they want to blockade the airport. While I get the federal government's reluctance to use the military because of what that signals, doing nothing also signals a lack of power or direction, which only empowers these assholes.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 9:32am
revbob wrote:
Apart from the usual Confederate flags (and a couple Nazi ones), there have been some Gadsden flags here, which is funny because Canada is made up of the British colonies that stayed loyal during that kerfuffle in the late 1770s.

The incompetence/collusion of the Ottawa police was recently revealed when we learned that despite requests from the feds to restrict tying up the roads in front of Parliament, the cops refused because they were told by the truckers that they'd only be there three days.

Can't help but think we're approaching a point where the military will be called in to clear this out one way or another.

edit: Rumours now that they want to blockade the airport. While I get the federal government's reluctance to use the military because of what that signals, doing nothing also signals a lack of power or direction, which only empowers these assholes.
I heard on the news last night that truckers in the US may be planning something similar beginning Sunday in Los Angeles and heading to Washington DC to coincide with the state of the union address.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 10:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I heard on the news last night that truckers in the US may be planning something similar beginning Sunday in Los Angeles and heading to Washington DC to coincide with the state of the union address.
Yeah, I read something about disrupting the Super Bowl. This shit has nothing to do with vaccines (remember when we thought a vaccine would be the big exhale?) but of delegitimizing democracy.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 10:42am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah, I read something about disrupting the Super Bowl. This shit has nothing to do with vaccines (remember when we thought a vaccine would be the big exhale?) but of delegitimizing democracy.
To me it's embarrassing that some of our Republican politicians are meddling in Canada's politics by offering support for the truckers under the premises that the truckers stand for "freedom". These US politicians should be more focused on working together to solve our problems, not sticking their noses in Canada's business.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 12:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 10:42am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

To me it's embarrassing that some of our Republican politicians are meddling in Canada's politics by offering support for the truckers under the premises that the truckers stand for "freedom". These US politicians should be more focused on working together to solve our problems, not sticking their noses in Canada's business.
Everything is performative on the surface while working to undermine the legitimacy of democratic institutions underneath.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220210_144707.jpg
Again today.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 4:39pm
20220210_144707.jpg

Again today.
Good to see my tax dollars supporting these unemployed individuals taking the time out from their busy days to work on bettering our relationship with our Canadian neighbors.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »