Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 12:28pm
I wish our American scandals involved donuts.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics ... index.html
Entirely media generated, too. It's based on, like, two tweets and the doughnut shop's response. It's easy to see why real scandals don't develop when silly crap like this is supposed to outrage.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 1:54pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Entirely media generated, too. It's based on, like, two tweets and the doughnut shop's response. It's easy to see why real scandals don't develop when silly crap like this is supposed to outrage.
We’ve capitalized everything. Why would donuts or outrage be immune?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 11:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 1:54pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:

We’ve capitalized everything. Why would donuts or outrage be immune?
Which benefits the scoundrels in the long-run because the stuff that does merit genuine outrage gets slotted beside the trivial shit.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:45am
In retrospect, I guess the Conservatives' campaign slogan was a bit of a mouthful.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Is that right-thinking citizen too cheap to buy most of their bumper stickers or could they just not the ones that conveyed the right message and thought, "Fine, I'll write it myself"?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Did anyone else know about this weird God Save the Queen thing?

What a strange thing to do.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 10:16pm
Did anyone else know about this weird God Save the Queen thing?

What a strange thing to do.
Just started yesterday, no? Consistent with Conservatives' demands for expressions of obedience to our betters.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ha! Perfect. Yet still notably better than the Conservatives. Which is depressing as fuck.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I can't remember if I posted this here before, but the Liberal Party (at any level of government) cannot help itself committing such unsophisticated, dumbass grifts every few years that inevitably lead the country to severe Tory rule. Literally, all they have to do is say "No, we will not participate in this transparent kickback scheme" and they just can't because they've bought into the "natural ruling party" invincibility nonsense. O'Toole might be worse than Harper and these fuckos are not being helpful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 5:25pm
I can't remember if I posted this here before, but the Liberal Party (at any level of government) cannot help itself committing such unsophisticated, dumbass grifts every few years that inevitably lead the country to severe Tory rule. Literally, all they have to do is say "No, we will not participate in this transparent kickback scheme" and they just can't because they've bought into the "natural ruling party" invincibility nonsense. O'Toole might be worse than Harper and these fuckos are not being helpful.
Liberals could run the country in perpetuity if they were so dumb about their arrogance. We usually vote out Conservatives when their malice overcomes our memory of the last Liberal government's corruption, but it doesn't take long for Liberals to come up with new examples of why they're contemptible. Trudeau really is a perfect leader for them—he's a generally decent guy personally, but he flat-out doesn't ever think any rules apply to him because he knows he's not bad, so what's the big deal?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

To the tune of Rock Show by Wings: "lock-down!"