Flex wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 7:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 7:40pm
Flex wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 7:15pm
Finally, something that lives up to the thread's title:
Thanks a lot, Justin. :rolleyes:
As an aside, Canada making a "Justin" their head of state is extremely on-brand. The Wisconsin of first names.
:angry: I've never encountered a Gen X Justin in my life.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Sparky »

Bad news northerly neighbors, Roger Stone has declared your Q-Queen a scammer. Now that's some funny shit right there, kinda like Trump calling someone else a crook.

https://www.newsweek.com/roger-stone-sc ... lo-1742497
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 1:35pm
Bad news northerly neighbors, Roger Stone has declared your Q-Queen a scammer. Now that's some funny shit right there, kinda like Trump calling someone else a crook.

https://www.newsweek.com/roger-stone-sc ... lo-1742497
Mind your own business, Roger. This is our real queen we're talkin' 'bout!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Voted in my first municipal election here (and only the second one of my life). If the heavens seem disturbed, it's just my dad's spirit dealing with the fact that I voted for a non-binary person, a black man, and a transgender woman. The cool thing is that all three have a strong chance of winning (only the first is somewhat in doubt).

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

No real idea of the ins and outs of this but the similarities with a couple of high profile left leadership bids in recent years are unmistakable. On the surface at least.

https://biv.com/article/2022/10/jordan- ... -usual-ndp

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 3:05am
No real idea of the ins and outs of this but the similarities with a couple of high profile left leadership bids in recent years are unmistakable. On the surface at least.

https://biv.com/article/2022/10/jordan- ... -usual-ndp
I know zilch about BC politics, but the NDP here is more the party of social workers, lawyers, and academics rather than actual labour (apart from union leaders). And provincial versions are even more to the centre because they have a more realistic chance of forming government, so don't scare the middle class.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... tives.html

In case you were curious, Alberta is led by a genuinely insane person.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 1:20pm

Isn't that par for the course in Western Canada?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 5:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 1:20pm

Isn't that par for the course in Western Canada?
This is a step or two beyond. Alberta politics used to be the redneck base and the mature conservative leadership (meaning, basically competent). But the base has gone full-on "own the libs" and the leadership is drawn from that slobbering base. It's less politics than tantrum 24/7.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My cousin north of the border sent out her usual insane ramblings for the holiday. She actually skipped me but my sister forwarded it. She goes from the weather in Ottawa to her daughter getting a college acceptance letter and her inability to find a part time job to all the nice well spoken foreigners she's met since moving to Canada to a fox news worthy rant about people crossing the US southern border who unlike her forebears from Ireland who had all their paperwork in order to enter legally back in 1850.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 1:52pm
My cousin north of the border sent out her usual insane ramblings for the holiday. She actually skipped me but my sister forwarded it. She goes from the weather in Ottawa to her daughter getting a college acceptance letter and her inability to find a part time job to all the nice well spoken foreigners she's met since moving to Canada to a fox news worthy rant about people crossing the US southern border who unlike her forebears from Ireland who had all their paperwork in order to enter legally back in 1850.
Nothing proves one's character more than orderly paperwork!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 1:57pm
revbob wrote:

The reality is that at the time she mentions there was no such thing as illegal immigration. People just showed up if you had the money to get here, you got in. And she also mentions Ellis Island which was just an island at that point with no immigration proceedings happening there. Im glad she's Canadian now. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The reality is that at the time she mentions there was no such thing as illegal immigration. People just showed up if you had the money to get here, you got in. And she also mentions Ellis Island which was just an island at that point with no immigration proceedings happening there. Im glad she's Canadian now. :shifty:
She lives in one of the suburbs, right? She smells like Kanata or Orleans.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 2:35pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

She lives in one of the suburbs, right? She smells like Kanata or Orleans.
Isnt it all just Canada? :shifty: