The Political Gun Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Political Gun Thread

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 2:28pm
Thanks all. We’re still sheltering in place. It’s a tough one. Not gonna lie.
A little late on this, but so glad you and the family are safe. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been. I thought of you all immediately.

I see they caught the fucker alive, of course, since he's white.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 2:28pm
Thanks all. We’re still sheltering in place. It’s a tough one. Not gonna lie.
I was keeping up with this on your Twitter account in real time. Nonetheless, glad you were removed from the event.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 8:08am
Y'know, when these attacks occur, I often pause to think that there are people whose response is—beyond the, I'm sure, very sincere thoughts and prayers—that the solution is to have even more guns, especially the high-powered kind, out there. There just aren't enough guns out there to finally decrease gun violence, the alchemical equation hasn't yet been reached. And these people don't think of themselves as heartless.
The replies on Twitter are chock-full of these people. Even on the day of the shootings, very explicit tweets with no room for misinterpretation.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 3:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Y'know, when these attacks occur, I often pause to think that there are people whose response is—beyond the, I'm sure, very sincere thoughts and prayers—that the solution is to have even more guns, especially the high-powered kind, out there. There just aren't enough guns out there to finally decrease gun violence, the alchemical equation hasn't yet been reached. And these people don't think of themselves as heartless.
The replies on Twitter are chock-full of these people. Even on the day of the shootings, very explicit tweets with no room for misinterpretation.
I've said before that if a nation that had strict gun control laws had this level of carnage, I think it'd be fair to say that gun control isn't working. Yet somehow this result means that gun proliferation is working?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 4:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've said before that if a nation that had strict gun control laws had this level of carnage, I think it'd be fair to say that gun control isn't working. Yet somehow this result means that gun proliferation is working?
Their response is almost invariably the NRA party-line of "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 4:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 4:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Their response is almost invariably the NRA party-line of "guns don't kill people, people kill people."
Yet weirdly people don't kill people as often or in great numbers in countries where you don't get a gun with your fifth oil change.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 12:41pm
KatyMontgomerie/status/1545425167735816199?s=20&t=SKla-4RR7TuJ7XRjQ0wWNg
I mean, they actually are sometimes (in one example, the town next to mine had a public shooter try to gun down a parade and a citizen shit him before he could kill more than a couple people - then the cops killed the citizen responder), just obviously not at the level where this is actually a sound public safety policy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 1:35pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I mean, they actually are sometimes (in one example, the town next to mine had a public shooter try to gun down a parade and a citizen shit him before he could kill more than a couple people - then the cops killed the citizen responder), just obviously not at the level where this is actually a sound public safety policy.
Yeah if he was just shitting on people he got what he deserved.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Flex wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, i noticed flicking through a few of the responses that either that case or something very similar was referenced and another where two good guys reportedly ended up shooting at each other believing the other to be the bad guy!

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 2:05pm
Yeah if he was just shitting on people he got what he deserved.
It's telling thay my phone assumes I must have meant shit when I write shot.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 2:11pm
Yeah, i noticed flicking through a few of the responses that either that case or something very similar was referenced and another where two good guys reportedly ended up shooting at each other believing the other to be the bad guy!
Basically, mass shootings (and attempts) are so ubiquitous here that at some point you see every possible outcome play out. Anyone can probably cherry pick whatever random outcome they want if they really wanted and ignore that the vast majority of the time the bad guy just mows a bunch of people down.

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
No good deed goes unpunished.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"You're severely overweight. You need to go on and a diet and exercise more."
"Gotcha—I need to eat more fudge and chips."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/north-ca ... 09a2c41437

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Good guy with a gun guns four with one shot: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 7694c116bc