revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Political Gun Thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Finally, a vaccination against a fear of non-white people!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

edit: Nevermind. Just tired of the bullshit in this country.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Shooting at Nashville elementary school leaves multiple victims and suspect dead.
Police sources told a local news station that four people were dead at Nashville's Covenant School, including the attacker.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:30pm
Shooting at Nashville elementary school leaves multiple victims and suspect dead.
Police sources told a local news station that four people were dead at Nashville's Covenant School, including the attacker.
Never ever forget that to those who reject restrictions regard every one of these deaths as an acceptable cost. They aren't a tragedy, they are the acceptable exchange for letting any asshole acquire a gun. They do not give a flying fuck about people who are killed by guns. They are immoral swine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

There is literally no upward limit to the number of dead children the gun absolutists are willing to slaughter for their precious, precious right to murder and maim if they feel like it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:30pm
Just saw this news article a few minutes ago, so tragic. My wife expressed relief we no longer have a child in school, yet we worry because my sister is still teaching.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

The shooter had two assault-style rifles and a handgun.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

And they are already blaming it on trans people because the shooter was evidently trans, so that was obviously the cause. As opposed to the 99.9% of other mass shootings that were committed by white cis men.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 2:21pm
And they are already blaming it on trans people because the shooter was evidently trans, so that was obviously the cause. As opposed to the 99.9% of other mass shootings that were committed by white cis men.
You know the rule: When it's someone you hate who is to blame, it reflects on their group; when it's someone from your group, it's a lone wolf, mental illness, or other individualizing quality.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 2:30pm
JennyB wrote:
You know the rule: When it's someone you hate who is to blame, it reflects on their group; when it's someone from your group, it's a lone wolf, mental illness, or other individualizing quality.
Riiiiiiight.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 2:30pm
JennyB wrote:
Riiiiiiight.
All I know is that all trans people are obliged to condemn this, otherwise it means they support killing kids.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I defy anyone to get through this without either crying or being profoundly shaken or both. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/i ... &itid=gfta
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 3:32pm
I defy anyone to get through this without either crying or being profoundly shaken or both. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/i ... &itid=gfta
And yet, to those whose minds need to be changed, that will do nothing. The people who die are irrelevant. How they die is irrelevant. I no longer believe it's worth trying to persuade them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 5:11pm
JennyB wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 3:32pm
And yet, to those whose minds need to be changed, that will do nothing. The people who die are irrelevant. How they die is irrelevant. I no longer believe it's worth trying to persuade them.
$$$ is the only thing that will persuade them