The Political Gun Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Political Gun Thread

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 8:20am
Good guy with a gun guns four with one shot: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 7694c116bc
Those four people were probably all criminals. The system works!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 9:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 8:20am
Good guy with a gun guns four with one shot: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 7694c116bc
Those four people were probably all criminals. The system works!
Certainly potential criminals anyway

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never forget that to 2A types, all gun deaths are acceptable costs. To them, these things are not tragedies, just the trade-off for weaponizing civil society. The real tragedy would be any kind of restrictions. It's the mindset of a monster.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 9:35am
Never forget that to 2A types, all gun deaths are acceptable costs. To them, these things are not tragedies, just the trade-off for weaponizing civil society. The real tragedy would be any kind of restrictions. It's the mindset of a monster.
Its easy for them to rationalize this stance the deaths never hit close to home for these people so its just statistics.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 9:35am
Its easy for them to rationalize this stance the deaths never hit close to home for these people so its just statistics.
Which is the hallmark of the ideologue—any ideologue. It's all abstract. It's easy to ignore deaths or misery when you reduce it to numbers. They aren't really people then. They justify their position by citing the human and personal—imagine how you'd feel if [fill in the crime] because you didn't have a gun—but to people who are victims, it's all abstraction. Meh, life is rough, thoughts and prayers, etc.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

The shooting is obviously big news here. I'm seeing a lot of leaders in Colorado Springs talking about how it isn't a reflection of the community, etc. Well: fuck you, it absolutely is. Colorado Springs is one of the most right wing cities in Colorado, and probably the country. A major bastion of right wing conservative Christianity and beacon for gun nuts and anti-lgbtq shit stains everywhere. And with geographic ideological sorting it has, if anything, gotten redder and redder over the years. The LOVE boebert type figures who rail about now the left is using gay people to groom children for their pedophile rings. These people all have their brains stewing in hate and fear and just AWASH with guns. So in a way these community leaders are correct: the shooting isn't just a reflection of Colorado Springs - and an entire strain of American culture - it's an embodiment of it.

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 6:33pm
The shooting is obviously big news here. I'm seeing a lot of leaders in Colorado Springs talking about how it isn't a reflection of the community, etc. Well: fuck you, it absolutely is. Colorado Springs is one of the most right wing cities in Colorado, and probably the country. A major bastion of right wing conservative Christianity and beacon for gun nuts and anti-lgbtq shit stains everywhere. And with geographic ideological sorting it has, if anything, gotten redder and redder over the years. The LOVE boebert type figures who rail about now the left is using gay people to groom children for their pedophile rings. These people all have their brains stewing in hate and fear and just AWASH with guns. So in a way these community leaders are correct: the shooting isn't just a reflection of Colorado Springs - and an entire strain of American culture - it's an embodiment of it.
That "lady" has no heart and yet she calls herself a "Christian".

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

My 12 year old son's school was placed on lockdown today after a student threatened to "shoot up the school" on social media. Scary stuff.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 3:07pm
My 12 year old son's school was placed on lockdown today after a student threatened to "shoot up the school" on social media. Scary stuff.
good lord.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Christ, I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of madness.

Flex

Post by Flex »

WestwayKid wrote:
Jesus, sorry WWK. Hope everything is resolved quickly.

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Apparently, a kid from outside the district posted a threat on social media. Some kids at my son's school reported it. The district and the local police department were quick to lock things down. The kids remained in their classrooms and it sounds like they had a relatively normal day. The police investigated and determined there was not a credible threat and released the lockdown. Whew.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 5:01pm
Apparently, a kid from outside the district posted a threat on social media. Some kids at my son's school reported it. The district and the local police department were quick to lock things down. The kids remained in their classrooms and it sounds like they had a relatively normal day. The police investigated and determined there was not a credible threat and released the lockdown. Whew.
I'm glad all is well and I'm sorry that the actions and inactions of the powerful mean this is a concern to a million blameless families in your country.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 5:01pm
Wow, sorry to hear that but glad your son and all the other kids are all safe. Things have changed so much, a fist fight was the biggest thing that ever went on when I was in school, just terrible today to be a kid or a teacher.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung