WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by WestwayKid »

matedog wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 9:02am
If you were tasked with creating a composite picture of a Republican, this is what you'd come up with: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/eric- ... 1550062868
I was going to make fun of the photo and at the last second went, "hold on, let me check if this guy is blind..."
He lost his vision in an "altercation" 12 years ago - but I can't find out what kind of altercation. Bar fight? Domestic dispute? Bottom line for me is that his awful views on the world cancel out any sympathy I might have had for him. He'd be an awful human being with or without his sight. He's also the graduate of a "Bible college" which says a lot.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 2:23pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you were tasked with creating a composite picture of a Republican, this is what you'd come up with: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/eric- ... 1550062868
I was going to make fun of the photo and at the last second went, "hold on, let me check if this guy is blind..."
He lost his vision in an "altercation" 12 years ago - but I can't find out what kind of altercation. Bar fight? Domestic dispute? Bottom line for me is that his awful views on the world cancel out any sympathy I might have had for him. He'd be an awful human being with or without his sight. He's also the graduate of a "Bible college" which says a lot.
I would put good money on him being wasted and getting his ass kicked because he was drunk and stupid.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

feel...the...excitement. :|

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 6:37am

feel...the...excitement. :|
It's spreading like weldfire!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 9:39pm
It's especially rich calling someone a moron when his entire cause is openly hostile to critical thought. They don't hate intellectuals for being morons; they hate them for believing rational discourse and critical analysis has value.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... f1e7cebc24

This...thing...is running for the do-over House election in NC that was stolen then nullified. Yes, he really is a real-life Boss Hogg cosplayer...but don't you fucking call him a nerd, four-eyes!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 8:45pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... f1e7cebc24

This...thing...is running for the do-over House election in NC that was stolen then nullified. Yes, he really is a real-life Boss Hogg cosplayer...but don't you fucking call him a nerd, four-eyes!!!
He's adorably evil!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This was probably the most troubling... when asked what he would do if he found his children were LBGTQ:
"I just want to make sure they could swim,"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 10:45am
WestwayKid wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This was probably the most troubling... when asked what he would do if he found his children were LBGTQ:
"I just want to make sure they could swim,"
He's just a garbage human being - plain and simple - yet - enough people apparently agree with him as he is an elected official...sigh...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 6:34pm
Find your safe space!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-fans-look- ... 28062.html
Snowflakes!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

This seems like a place to put this.

My dad, for whatever reason, forwards these types of emails to me on once in a while. I just knock my eyeballs loose rolling them.
Because of the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one entitled:

"Survivor - Texas Style"

The lucky contestants will start in Dallas , drive to Waco , Austin , San Antonio , then over to Houston and down to Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Odessa , Midland , Lubbock , and Amarillo . >From there they will go on to Abilene and Fort Worth , and, finally, back to Dallas .

cid:169ee5cba714cdccc1

Each contestant will be driving a pink Prius with 15 bumper stickers which will read:

1. "I'm a Democrat"

2. "Amnesty for illegals"

3. "I love rap"

4. "Boycott beef"

5. "I voted for Obama"

6. " George Strait sucks"

7. "Elect Hillary In 2020"

8. "Vote Eric Holder Texas Governor"

9. "Rosie O'Donnell is a great role model"

10. "I love Obama Care, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer"

11. "Kaepernick is my hero"

12. "This country needsAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez"

13. "It's all Bush's fault.”

14. "Islam is a peace-loving religion"

- and the last sticker is:

15. "I’m Here To Confiscate Your Guns"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ha ha, conservative Texans are prone to murdering people with different views.