revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
17 May 2023, 11:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2023, 10:49am
Anyone else get an icky shudder just now?
Whatever - Santos goes to jail, I seduce Boebert and we are that much closer to flipping the house.
This is your destiny

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

The future of democracy in America relies on Hoy's GILF seduction skills. Truly, america is getting what it deserves.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 May 2023, 6:25pm
The future of democracy in America relies on Hoy's GILF seduction skills. Truly, america is getting what it deserves.
The scary thing is that Washington predicted this in his farewell address.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Trump was simply the opening act; DeSantis is the real evil to watch out for.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
18 May 2023, 2:24pm
Luckily he's shown himself to be so charmfree that the knuckledraggers can't get their perpetual rage on with him, while business conservatives have good reason to not trust him.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2023, 2:30pm
Mimi wrote:
Luckily he's shown himself to be so charmfree that the knuckledraggers can't get their perpetual rage on with him, while business conservatives have good reason to not trust him.
He'll burn that state to the ground in the process, though.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 May 2023, 2:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
This is true. Bible Belt Republicans all seem to be bent on salting the earth.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 May 2023, 2:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Exactly!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Must say, it is damned weird seeing an American governor go to war with a huge octopus corporation. Weirder yet, I can't nod with approval. Can't go as far as to say "Go Disney"—it's still a tentacled vampire—but it's the lesser of two evils in that feud.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2023, 3:29pm
Must say, it is damned weird seeing an American governor go to war with a huge octopus corporation. Weirder yet, I can't nod with approval. Can't go as far as to say "Go Disney"—it's still a tentacled vampire—but it's the lesser of two evils in that feud.
Hello,

This won't help DeSantis:

https://archive.ph/4xzaY

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
18 May 2023, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Depends. There's a growing strain within the right that is fine with going to war with corporations because it's not interpreted as attacking the market system but elites who are perverting the market. To traditional conservatives, this feud with Disney is incomprehensible and goes against principle, but to those embracing full authoritarianism, who wants Disney's commie liberal groomer money anyway? Weird, weird times.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
18 May 2023, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

I was just reading about this, "owing the libs" at the expense of Floridians.

Per Disney:

"We have plans to invest $17 billion and create 13,000 jobs over the next ten years," the memo said. "I hope we're able to do so."
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of the unsettling things going on in this is that, if you're a leftist, you shouldn't be rooting for a huge corporation throwing around its economic power to force a government to back down. This situation is an ugly one for the left because it means walking away from a pretty basic axiom because of a specific issue. It's about competing leftist values. If it were Disney threatening the government because of, say, more demanding environmental regulations, it changes everything and we recognize Disney as a sinister corporate obstructionist. But because it's about free expression and the rights of LGBTQ+ people, we lean to a corporate body threatening the government.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2023, 6:35pm
One of the unsettling things going on in this is that, if you're a leftist, you shouldn't be rooting for a huge corporation throwing around its economic power to force a government to back down. This situation is an ugly one for the left because it means walking away from a pretty basic axiom because of a specific issue. It's about competing leftist values. If it were Disney threatening the government because of, say, more demanding environmental regulations, it changes everything and we recognize Disney as a sinister corporate obstructionist. But because it's about free expression and the rights of LGBTQ+ people, we lean to a corporate body threatening the government.
Just hate both and hope they both come out damaged.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 May 2023, 7:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2023, 6:35pm
Just hate both and hope they both come out damaged.
Precisely. That there is a lesser of two evils does not disguise that both are evil.