revbob wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 9:56pm
Flex wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 9:45pm
He showed... somebody?
Virtue signaling.
Hello,

He's thinking "That's telling 'em!".
I was hoping he'd be one of those guys that ends up with a plank of wood through his torso or something.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fuck a duck, you can't even make a joke without it being trampled on by reality.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 5:51pm
Fuck a duck, you can't even make a joke without it being trampled on by reality.
JennyB, they're on to you guys maybe you should dial it back a little.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's getting to the point where I'm almost embarrassed to be an American because people who don't know me may assume I'm a loon like all of these conspiracy theory people spouting off BS. Whatever happened to our rational thinkers? Did someone pass out some bad acid and they all took it?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 8:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's getting to the point where I'm almost embarrassed to be an American because people who don't know me may assume I'm a loon like all of these conspiracy theory people spouting off BS. Whatever happened to our rational thinkers? Did someone pass out some bad acid and they all took it?
Well once you deny basic facts and any kind of science ...

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Oz has evidently joined the Adele bandwagon. Oprah sure has a lot to answer for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/d ... -rcna50513
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:29am
Dr. Oz has evidently joined the Adele bandwagon. Oprah sure has a lot to answer for.

The Adele reference gave me a solid chuckle. Classic IMCT in joke.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:30am
JennyB wrote:

There are times when I'll just be sitting there and an IMCT in joke pops into my head and I laugh and people look at me like I'm crazy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:32am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

There are times when I'll just be sitting there and an IMCT in joke pops into my head and I laugh and people look at me like I'm crazy.
The worst is when I have to explain to the missus what I'm laughing at. "You see Heston tried to make another poll..."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:52am
JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:32am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

The worst is when I have to explain to the missus what I'm laughing at. "You see Heston tried to make another poll..."
“Tried” is such an important word. And that goes beyond his ground rules where him getting more than two votes constitutes a win.

That said, how the fuck come Oprah’s reputation hasn’t taken any hits for all the assholes she popularized?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 11:09am
That said, how the fuck come Oprah’s reputation hasn’t taken any hits for all the assholes she popularized?
I think at least on progressive sphere it has a bit. Maintenance Phase podcast did a takedown of her a year or two.ago, for example. It's hard to dismiss the amount of lunacy she's amplified.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 11:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 11:09am
I think at least on progressive sphere it has a bit. Maintenance Phase podcast did a takedown of her a year or two.ago, for example. It's hard to dismiss the amount of lunacy she's amplified.
My sister used to watch her all the time and I recall seeing her do a show on climate change (or global warming, as it was called back then). And she smirked at the climate expert by saying, who wouldn’t want warmer winters, amirite? Just fucking callow, smarmy shit. She was also right on the PMRC train back in the day, too. Just the worst corporate entertainment liberal, as Clinton as it gets.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/04/lauren ... dterm-poll

Flex, how plausible do you think this is?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 4:09pm
https://www.axios.com/2022/10/04/lauren ... dterm-poll

Flex, how plausible do you think this is?
The poll is interesting. I'd be more intrigued if there was more polling and it was part of an obvious trendline, but 1) the poll was commissioned by Frisch's campaign, 2) polling has been pretty scant outside of candidate-commissioned polls, and 3) the fundamentals of the district are still really, really strong for Boebert. Now, somehow there doesn't seem to be any bottom of the barrel in which she's willing to continually debase herself morally and intellectually, but I think it would require a last minute shift in nationwide momentum to democrats that Boebert gets caught up in order for her to lose (or some particularly egregious personal scandal involving major criminality). Would love to see the upset happen, and I think giving her "only" a 98% chance of winning prices that chance in properly, but I just don't see it.

I'm actually worried that it's going to go worse for democrats than prognosticators are saying, at least here. It's been really hard to recruit volunteers and get ground games going this year. I think there's a mindset, at least in Colorado, that we're a safely blue state and don't really have to work to get Dems elected anymore. It may end up costing Colorado Dems the State Senate and then we'll find out what a split state legislature, with a democratic governor more than eager to pivot as hard to the right as he can as he looks upwards towards larger political ambitions, looks like for governance. And it certainly hurts the opportunity to stretch and challenge politicians like Boebert who, by all rights, really should be able to be picked off in a normal election year.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!