Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 3:10pm
revbob wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 2:40pm
George Santos claims he survived ‘assassination attempt,’ had shoes stolen off his feet

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/george-sa ... n-attempt/
Swear to dog but he reminds me of my ex-husband and his family. They'd go out for a gallon of milk and come back with tales of adventure. They were the biggest, and shittiest, liars/story-tellers. It was so scary how they could tell you what was clearly bs with a straight face. lol I laugh now, but it was painful af at the time. I can't wait to see what happens to this guy.
Certainly not to the same degree as Santos, but, yeah, I've known a few people whose lives are one sprawling epic of heroism and tragedy. The curiosity is always whether they are aware that they are lying or does something weird happen in the filter of their brain. With Santos, you have to think he's suffering from some kind of psychological impairment that pushes him to fictionalize his life. It's so consistent that it doesn't seem sinister so much as fucked up wiring in his brain.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

The whole Santos thing is still just extremely, unbelievably funny.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 4:44pm
The fucker is completely incapable of telling the truth even about basic mundane shit.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 4:58pm
Flex wrote:
The fucker is completely incapable of telling the truth even about basic mundane shit.
He's going to be the Republican nominee for president in like 4 years
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 5:27pm
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
According to his bio, he was already president for two terms, so that would be illegal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 5:27pm
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
Yeah further normalizing rhe behavior of his predecessors

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sadly, the deal breaker (if there is one) for him with Republicans is that he performed in drag shows.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 6:20pm
Sadly, the deal breaker (if there is one) for him with Republicans is that he performed in drag shows.
He clearly states he didn't, just dressed up.

Remember when they used to insist you couldn't be president if you hadnt served in the military? They play by their own rules.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 2:40pm
George Santos claims he survived ‘assassination attempt,’ had shoes stolen off his feet

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/george-sa ... n-attempt/
Call me crazy, but I have a hunch he's full of shit on both stories.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

All anger, all the time.
https://archive.ph/qNslU

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 1:25pm
All anger, all the time.
“It’s crazy what they’re doing,” Fox News host Jimmy Failla lamented in a recent segment. “They’re trying to recruit your kids into climate politics at an earlier age.”
No kids will still play and wont notice/care. Also CPU manufacturers are already changing chip designs to be more power efficient.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 2:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
All anger, all the time.
“It’s crazy what they’re doing,” Fox News host Jimmy Failla lamented in a recent segment. “They’re trying to recruit your kids into climate politics at an earlier age.”
No kids will still play and wont notice/care. Also CPU manufacturers are already changing chip designs to be more power efficient.
I hope like hell that Jimmy Failla insists that his car's fuel efficiency is, like, 1970s muscle-car level. You're not an American unless you have to fill up the tank every day!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 2:15pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
All anger, all the time.
I hope like hell that Jimmy Failla insists that his car's fuel efficiency is, like, 1970s muscle-car level. You're not an American unless you have to fill up the tank every day!
My grandpa had a Ford LTD with a specially installed 460 cubic inch V8 for pulling a travel trailer. I think he might have had to fill the tank every day!! My memories of the car are vague because I was little, but I remember 1) that it was massive and 2) that it had green vinyl seats.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 11:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 2:15pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
All anger, all the time.
My grandpa had a Ford LTD with a specially installed 460 cubic inch V8 for pulling a travel trailer. I think he might have had to fill the tank every day!! My memories of the car are vague because I was little, but I remember 1) that it was massive and 2) that it had green vinyl seats.
I love a description of the muscle car that I came across once: It could pass anything on the road except a gas station.