The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1744
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 9:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 4:25pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 2:52pm
One of the extra ugly aspects of the Trumpian turn is that people have foolishly rehabilitated Bush into someone benign, even well meaning, as if there's room for only one brand of evil at a time. Good for that vet in not forgetting or forgiving.
Yeah - I have even fallen into that trap. I remember jokingly saying once, when Trump was president, "I long for the good 'ol days of GWB." He's nice! He paints shitty portraits! I caught myself and this video is another great reminder.
Bush over Trump is one of those lesser of two evils things.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 99160
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Image
"And so he says to me, 'You wanna be a bad guy?' And I say, 'Yeah, baby! I wanna be bad!' And I says, 'Surf's up, space ponies, I'm making gravy without the lumps!'" - Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address (early draft)

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 18127
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
Wait is that real?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 99160
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
Wait is that real?
I have no reason to think it isn't. It's pretty much the level of sophistication that those people are working at.
"And so he says to me, 'You wanna be a bad guy?' And I say, 'Yeah, baby! I wanna be bad!' And I says, 'Surf's up, space ponies, I'm making gravy without the lumps!'" - Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address (early draft)

Sparky
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1744
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Sidney Powell (aka Ms. Kracken) and MTG have both been spotted sporting the leopard print attire. Could this perhaps be the new Trumpy far right uniform? Just askin'. :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 99160
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Sidney Powell (aka Ms. Kracken) and MTG have both been spotted sporting the leopard print attire. Could this perhaps be the new Trumpy far right uniform? Just askin'. :mrgreen:
I'm all for throwing them into the leopard enclosure at any zoo. Let them live together … or not.
"And so he says to me, 'You wanna be a bad guy?' And I say, 'Yeah, baby! I wanna be bad!' And I says, 'Surf's up, space ponies, I'm making gravy without the lumps!'" - Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address (early draft)

gkbill
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3073
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by gkbill »


Sparky
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1744
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:54am
Sparky wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Sidney Powell (aka Ms. Kracken) and MTG have both been spotted sporting the leopard print attire. Could this perhaps be the new Trumpy far right uniform? Just askin'. :mrgreen:
I'm all for throwing them into the leopard enclosure at any zoo. Let them live together … or not.
I think when The Ringling Brothers & Barnum Bailey Circus closed, some of the circus geeks escaped and formed a political party.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 36417
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by tepista »

so you learn politics from facebook, get elected, then bring facebook with you.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

gkbill
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3073
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 10:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:54am
Sparky wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 6:47am
Image
I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Sidney Powell (aka Ms. Kracken) and MTG have both been spotted sporting the leopard print attire. Could this perhaps be the new Trumpy far right uniform? Just askin'. :mrgreen:
I'm all for throwing them into the leopard enclosure at any zoo. Let them live together … or not.
I think when The Ringling Brothers & Barnum Bailey Circus closed, some of the circus geeks escaped and formed a political party.
Hello,,

I understand the need to avoid mocking those less capable cognitively/intellectually; however, when those same people do not seek to improve their capabilities, let the mocking begin.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 31103
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Flex »

https://i.redd.it/ypcl0vg7w6p71.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

damn, she makes a good point
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 99160
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So Cyber Ninjas aren't even competent enough to push a fraud? Back in my day, scammers gave it their all to convince you there was an inheritance for you just sitting in a vault in Havana, dagnabbit!
https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked- ... ump-2021-9
"And so he says to me, 'You wanna be a bad guy?' And I say, 'Yeah, baby! I wanna be bad!' And I says, 'Surf's up, space ponies, I'm making gravy without the lumps!'" - Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address (early draft)

Sparky
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1744
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 6:40am
So Cyber Ninjas aren't even competent enough to push a fraud? Back in my day, scammers gave it their all to convince you there was an inheritance for you just sitting in a vault in Havana, dagnabbit!
https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked- ... ump-2021-9
Oh that's good, I can only hope this get HUGE media attention.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 31103
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 6:40am
So Cyber Ninjas aren't even competent enough to push a fraud? Back in my day, scammers gave it their all to convince you there was an inheritance for you just sitting in a vault in Havana, dagnabbit!
https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked- ... ump-2021-9
damn, biden got to them too
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 23602
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by matedog »

Holy fuck, Rubio's twitter photo is so shitty:
Image

I can't get over it. His 15% smile, shitty t shirt. He looks haggard. Where is he that he thought, "gotta take a new photo now."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Post Reply