The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Gaetz is profoundly stupid. Okay, not knowing what LHO looked like when he was in the service is one thing, but that Twitter handle...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 9:45am
Gaetz is profoundly stupid. Okay, not knowing what LHO looked like when he was in the service is one thing, but that Twitter handle...
Klippenstein would have changed his username after the RT.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not that Democrats are dominated by deep thinkers, but it is stunning how many absolutely moronic Republican public figures there are. The old expression that the world is run by C students needs to be downgraded to, optimistically, D+.
matedog wrote:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
I saw some of these going around the net yesterday but didn't realize how many republicans got trolled until I read about it this morning. Perhaps a little less time looking for those "Jewish space lasers" and a little more time studying history would benefit the parties standings.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 3:03pm
Meanwhile, down at Mar-a-Lago: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-e ... ust-2021-6
And then what happens when this doesn't materialize? Will his followers mix up a batch of grape Kool-Aid or just keep pushing the mythical date out further?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 3:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Meanwhile, down at Mar-a-Lago: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-e ... ust-2021-6
And then what happens when this doesn't materialize? Will his followers mix up a batch of grape Kool-Aid or just keep pushing the mythical date out further?
Curse the Deep State and keep looking for clues. They're like 19th-c Millenarians, regularly revising predictions for Christ's return.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 4:07pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Curse the Deep State and keep looking for clues. They're like 19th-c Millenarians, regularly revising predictions for Christ's return.
:mrgreen:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They've had their hopes dashed a number of times already. They were expecting him to parachute into the inauguration and take back the reins, but as you say, they just keep moving the date back. "Ooh, he's cookin' something up!"
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 5:11pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They've had their hopes dashed a number of times already. They were expecting him to parachute into the inauguration and take back the reins, but as you say, they just keep moving the date back. "Ooh, he's cookin' something up!"
Even funnier are the contradictions from Trump's former attorney, Sidney Powell. She's claiming Trump can be "reinstated" and yet her legal response to being sued by voting machine firm Dominion is "no reasonable person would believe her" claims.
So why doesn't she just STFU?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kraken-lawy ... ite-house/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieport ... 5e1a6d1dad

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 6:27pm
Kory wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 5:11pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Even funnier are the contradictions from Trump's former attorney, Sidney Powell. She's claiming Trump can be "reinstated" and yet her legal response to being sued by voting machine firm Dominion is "no reasonable person would believe her" claims.
So why doesn't she just STFU?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kraken-lawy ... ite-house/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieport ... 5e1a6d1dad
The sheep still have wool to be fleeced.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

But will he warble "Kokomo"?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I'd much prefer to see him on a freeway onramp selling oranges to get by. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to get a personal greeting from such a turd.