The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Note to Hoy: Your authoritarian MILF/GILF-to-be fantasy sure is interested in piss.
After three months on the job, House Republicans have so far failed to address the top issues facing the country. But at least they have addressed the No. 1 issue.

The House Oversight Committee hauled D.C. government officials before Congress this week to grill them on what Republicans call the “crisis” of crime in the capital, one of approximately 50,000 “crises” the GOP majority has identified. And Boebert was just bursting to release a stream of invective.

“Did you or did you not decriminalize public urination in Washington, D.C.?” the Colorado Republican demanded of a witness, D.C. Council member Charles Allen.

Allen looked puzzled. “No, we did not,” he replied.

“Did you lead the charge to decriminalize public urination in Washington, D.C.?” Boebert demanded.

“No, ma’am,” Allen answered.

Boebert persisted. “Did you ever vote in favor of decriminalizing public urination?”

Allen said he voted to keep public urination as a criminal offense.

“We have records that show you were in favor of removing that criminal offense and allowing public urination!” Boebert charged.

The councilman explained that, though the D.C. criminal-code reform commission proposed making public urination a civil offense, the council voted to maintain it as a criminal offense.

Thus did the floodgates open on the Great Public Pee Pee Debate of 2023.

“I continue to be amazed by what the majority chooses to spend our limited time on,” remarked Rep. Becca Balint (D-Vt.). Turning to the witnesses, she joked: “You have anything additional you want to say about public urination? Now’s your time.”

Boebert blurted out: “I do!”

There was laughter in the committee room. “No, not you,” Balint said.

Boebert couldn’t hold it. “I do have something else to say!”

Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-Wis.) did, too. “You’ve got to decide how many times a person’s done something and how in-public it is, but I’m not sure public urination should be criminally charged,” he opined, before adding that the D.C. officials “don’t want me to tell you how to do your job.”

Yet that’s exactly what Republicans have been doing as they devote their time in power to micromanaging D.C. and its criminal code.

When it comes to ending the near-daily plague of mass shootings in this country, Republicans have decided “we’re not gonna fix it,” as Rep. Tim Burchett, a Republican from Tennessee, site of the latest school massacre, put it. “Criminals are going to be criminals.” But maybe — just maybe — they can hike the penalty for peeing on the streets of the nation’s capital!

“Do you think parents,” Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) asked, “are worried about public urination in Washington, D.C., or do you think they’re worried about sending their kid to school and their kid not coming home?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... urination/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Lol:
Boebert couldn’t hold it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I know I’m hot for LB, but that clip of AOC calling out that transphobe was 100x hotter than LB could ever be.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 4:55pm
I know I’m hot for LB, but that clip of AOC calling out that transphobe was 100x hotter than LB could ever be.
Now for them to just kiss and make up
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 1:25pm
Yeah, not too far off I'd say. :lol: :lol: :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 1:25pm
Jesus. Shout at the devil, don't make stew of him.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 8:11pm
matedog wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 2:51pm
eumaas wrote:
04 Mar 2010, 1:04pm
Man, the GOP must be a secret dating service for gay men.
Quoting eumaas from 13 years ago because this is still a thing:
https://fox17.com/news/local/usa-news-p ... dy-mcnally

The response is golden: "I posted thirsty comments on a young twink's soft core photos because I'm very active on social media and love talking to my constituents and if you think it's weird it's because YOU are the pervert, not me."
As often as I want to think it's really lazy writing in movies and novels to have the overt homophobe be secretly gay (e.g., American Beauty), but, damn, reality keeps me in check.
I was trying to see if there was an update on this story and found this list of headlines. Rolling Stone’s is ruthlessly hilarious.
Attachments
ACEBE28E-4606-405F-ABD2-CEFA6677D6BF.jpeg
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/think-of- ... -year-zero

You have to think he aches for it to be renamed the Trump Party.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2023, 4:56pm

I honestly think hope?) that years from now people are going to view Trump & the MAGA cult the same way they now view McCarthyism and the Red Scare. People all looking for a boogeyman to be a scapegoat for all the perceived problems (both real or imaginary) and Trump / MAGA has loads of conspiracies, misinformation and hate to spread their uninformed followers, not unlike McCarthyism was in the 1950's.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
17 Apr 2023, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2023, 4:56pm

I honestly think hope?) that years from now people are going to view Trump & the MAGA cult the same way they now view McCarthyism and the Red Scare. People all looking for a boogeyman to be a scapegoat for all the perceived problems (both real or imaginary) and Trump / MAGA has loads of conspiracies, misinformation and hate to spread their uninformed followers, not unlike McCarthyism was in the 1950's.
As is, a majority of Americans already regard it that way. History suggests that it will burn itself out, but the internet and malignant actors fueling this paranoia and anger might confound all that. As I've argued plenty of times before, using history to predict the future is a mug's game.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Why Florida rocks...funny as fuck.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote: