PETA's great ideas keep a-rollin'

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: PETA's great ideas keep a-rollin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Image
Note: not a date film. Hard experience …
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Flex wrote: Apparently, the dvds released and all episodes now are edited for syndication. I'll assume that the poor quality of the show stems from it being sullied by editing out crucial characterization and plot. Secure in this knowledge, I feel no need to sully my memories with inferior, trimmed down Alf episodes.

:shifty:
The only good Alf is a live Alf.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Still216 wrote:
Flex wrote: Apparently, the dvds released and all episodes now are edited for syndication. I'll assume that the poor quality of the show stems from it being sullied by editing out crucial characterization and plot. Secure in this knowledge, I feel no need to sully my memories with inferior, trimmed down Alf episodes.

:shifty:
The only good Alf is a live Alf.
It's al(f) cunt.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ah, PETA, your collective psychosis continues to amaze …
Boycott Canadian maple syrup, save seals: PETA

OTTAWA — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking people to ignore their sweet tooth and save the seals.

In a news release, PETA says by buying Canadian maple syrup, consumers are "supporting Canadian cruelty."

"By pledging to boycott Canadian maple syrup," said the release, "you'll be speaking up for baby seals in Canada, for whom life isn't so sweet, and telling Canada that you won't support its product until you can support its practices."

This comes the day after Gov. Gen. Michaelle Jean showed solidarity with Canadian seal hunters by eating a slice of seal heart on national television.

Canada banned the hunting of baby seals in 1987.

Simon Trepanier, vice-director of the Quebec federation of maple service producers, was surprised by the boycott call.

"Most maple syrup producers work with the environment, with trees and nature . . . it's kind of weird that they are associating maple syrup with hunting," he said.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I... don't understand the connection.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:I... don't understand the connection.
Forget about it Flex, it's PETAtown.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Maybe they know something about the recipe of Canadian maple syrup that you don't.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Olaf wrote:Maybe they know something about the recipe of Canadian maple syrup that you don't.
I don't think anyone in PETA knows anything ANYONE ELSE doesn't.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

You know who else liked Canadian Maple Syrup?

/Godwin

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:You know who else liked Canadian Maple Syrup?

/Godwin
[/punching]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
See, it's ideas like this that make me wonder if PETA is actually a front organization to discredit animal rights. Or some massive performance art critique. Because straight up, very little of PETA makes a lick of sense.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
See, it's ideas like this that make me wonder if PETA is actually a front organization to discredit animal rights. Or some massive performance art critique. Because straight up, very little of PETA makes a lick of sense.
I'm not much of a conspiracy person, but I'm almost willing to agree. If you genuinely want to limit the abuse of animals, then the best idea would probably be to not present yourself as raving lunatics tied irrationally to a single issue at the expense of reasoned discussion.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Dr. Medulla wrote: See, it's ideas like this that make me wonder if PETA is actually a front organization to discredit animal rights. Or some massive performance art critique. Because straight up, very little of PETA makes a lick of sense.
Reminds me of the hippies that tied up downtown Cleveland traffic on Friday afternoons during rush hour to protest the Iraq war back in '03. Way to get people who actually work (and shower) on your side, you silly shortsighted hippies.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Still216 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: See, it's ideas like this that make me wonder if PETA is actually a front organization to discredit animal rights. Or some massive performance art critique. Because straight up, very little of PETA makes a lick of sense.
Reminds me of the hippies that tied up downtown Cleveland traffic on Friday afternoons during rush hour to protest the Iraq war back in '03. Way to get people who actually work (and shower) on your side, you silly shortsighted hippies.
I hate hippies so much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Still216 wrote:
That's been my chief criticism of the Green Party. I faithfully vote Green because they're closest to my ideals, but the serious activists in the party are flaky as fuck. As my wife once described a candidate in our riding a few elections ago, he looked like he lived in the trees and ate pine cones. You're not doing much to persuade the great mainstream by looking like and talking to your marginalized core. It's not selling out to try to expand your support.