No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Hey all - just thought I would let you know that my org is doing a series on abortion rights, especially from a red state perspective. If anyone is interested in attending, let me know. The first one is with the medical director of Planned Parenthood and an OBGYN in private practice (a lot of people forget that people need abortions in wanted pregnancies as well and the restrictions might impact, say, people with ectopic pregnancies). No pressure, but this should be interesting. Info is below and you can email me at jbernstein@ncjwstl.org to rsvp.

When: Wednesday, June 22 | 6:30 - 7:30 PM CT
Where: Zoom

Did you know? The debate over access to abortion not only impacts patients. It impacts doctors and their ability to counsel patients on a variety of reproductive health issues. Legislation in Missouri and in other states attempts to criminalize the action of doctors working in the best interest of their patients. And this is likely to get worse when the Dobbs decision, which could overturn Roe vs. Wade, comes down.

To help us learn more about what doctors will soon be facing, NCJWSTL and JCRC are excited to welcome Drs. Colleen McNicholas, Chief Medical Officer of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri and Jennifer Smith, OBGYN at Consultants in Women’s Healthcare.

Dr. McNicholas brings more than 12 years of experience as an obstetrician-gynecologist with a strong track record of high-quality patient care and impactful reproductive health advocacy. Before joining Planned Parenthood she was an attending physician at Washington University School of Medicine.

Dr. Smith, a graduate of UCLA, moved to St. Louis to attend medical school at Washington University in 1995, and has been in St. Louis ever since. She has been a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists since 2006 and has served on the board of the St. Louis Maternity Hospital Society.

To RSVP or if you have questions, contact Jen Bernstein at jbernstein@ncjwstl.org.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Roe v Wade is overturned.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Thomas very clear that same-sex sex and marriage and access to contraception are next.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

America just gets closer and closer to reclaiming greatness. All the awfulness of the past 6 years, I keep coming back to the abysmal campaign that Clinton ran. Just fucking terrible in its consequences.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

An unbelievably evil government.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

So stabby right now.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Inder wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 10:52am
Thomas very clear that same-sex sex and marriage and access to contraception are next.
I think his ultimate goal must be to ban inter-racial marriage.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Silent Majority wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 11:11am
To be fair, this is on the Supreme Court. Two, maybe three of them lied about what they considered settled law in order to get their position.

edit
Strike that, the judicial branch is one of the three branches of Govt so you're right. My civics studying may have worked.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

oliver wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 12:27pm
Silent Majority wrote:
To be fair, this is on the Supreme Court. Two, maybe three of them lied about what they considered settled law in order to get their position.

edit
Strike that, the judicial branch is one of the three branches of Govt so you're right. My civics studying may have worked.
I include the opposition party in that culpability.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

edit
Every single conservative on the court said during their confirmation hearings that Roe was settled law. While politically impossible, they should all be impeached for that obvious lie.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:03pm
oliver wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

edit
Every single conservative on the court said during their confirmation hearings that Roe was settled law. While politically impossible, they should all be impeached for that obvious lie.
Everyone knew they were lying though

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:03pm
oliver wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

edit
Everyone knew they were lying though
I'm not sure what's worse, that they lied and Republican senators went along with it officially, or that there may have actually been some senators (allegedly Collins) who genuinely believed them.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:28pm
I'm not sure what's worse, that they lied and Republican senators went along with it officially, or that there may have actually been some senators (allegedly Collins) who genuinely believed them.
Didn't she say that she believed Trump learned his lesson after impeachment #1?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 1:28pm
Didn't she say that she believed Trump learned his lesson after impeachment #1?
Yeah, I think that was her. Maybe she's naive, maybe her schtick is to seem "reasonable."