No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 12:45pm
JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 12:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 11:59am
revbob wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 11:15am
At least this is being revealed before he dies.

Also Id missed this... no surprise

https://pitchfork.com/news/kim-fowley-a ... ari-krome/
Fowley was a straight-up predator from way back.
I may have mentioned this before, but I have become friendly (online) with Jackie Fox of the Runaways through our J! connection. She kicks ass - smart as all fuck. Anyway, she has been calling them out for YEARS. This is an interesting article. And incredibly sad. https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/art ... ost-girls/
I'm pretty sure I've read that before. Maybe you posted it years ago? But, yeah, fucking well nasty. It makes some sense that the worst people go into the music business because there are so many young and naive kids who are willing to trust anyone who says they'll make them a star. The bait and trap are just there, waiting to be employed.
It's a candy store for predators.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Jason Whitlock, everyone!
They have recreated this history that oh God, it was all just sexism, and we didn’t have the right to vote until Susan B. Anthony and the women’s suffrage movement and I will defend life before suffrage. Because a vote used to represent the family. When we were a culture that really valued family and really understood the natural order that God intended, man serving God, woman following man who serves God, man and woman developing and nurturing children.

You only needed one vote per household because that vote was about the entire family as they have destroyed our family structure and made this all an individual pursuit. Not everybody has to have a vote and everybody has to have an agenda that a lot of times has nothing to do with family.
https://www.mediamatters.org/justice-ci ... y-has-have

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

From a bit in that Jill Lepore audiobook I'm listening to, about the first time AIDS was raised at a White House press conference:

It's not surprising, given the era, when mentioning gay always provoked Three's Company laughter, but sickening given the millions who would die in no small part because of the bigotry.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 7:55pm
From a bit in that Jill Lepore audiobook I'm listening to, about the first time AIDS was raised at a White House press conference:

It's not surprising, given the era, when mentioning gay always provoked Three's Company laughter, but sickening given the millions who would die in no small part because of the bigotry.
that is... definitely one of the grossest things i've heard today
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 7:55pm

Disgusting.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wish us luck - we just kicked off an effort in MO similar to the one in Kansas and Ohio to overturn our abortion ban. My organization is part of the coalition's steering committee and I am tasked with organizing notaries from around the state to work weekly at a Jobs With Justice office to notarize petitions. I notarized about 500 signatures myself the other day, which is great. We are trying to get 300,000, because we know the Sec. of State will only verify 65-70% of them. Thank goodness for grants and the ability to have paid canvassers.

Keep your fingers crossed. This could be huge. But we have to get it on the ballot first.
Got a Rake? Sure!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:50pm
Wish us luck - we just kicked off an effort in MO similar to the one in Kansas and Ohio to overturn our abortion ban. My organization is part of the coalition's steering committee and I am tasked with organizing notaries from around the state to work weekly at a Jobs With Justice office to notarize petitions. I notarized about 500 signatures myself the other day, which is great. We are trying to get 300,000, because we know the Sec. of State will only verify 65-70% of them. Thank goodness for grants and the ability to have paid canvassers.

Keep your fingers crossed. This could be huge. But we have to get it on the ballot first.
Hello,

Good luck - it's a worthy effort.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 2:57pm
JennyB wrote:

Hello,

Good luck - it's a worthy effort.
Thank you, kind sir.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:

Good luck! Incredibly important work.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:

I wish your group unambiguous success. Take faith and inspiration that other conservative states have made their voices heard in favour of women's rights, and so Missouri can and will follow suit. It's an opportunity to learn that your fellow citizens can be counted on to do the right thing.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks, all!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:

Best of luck, hope it's a success, fingers crossed.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 3:50pm
JennyB wrote:

Best of luck, hope it's a success, fingers crossed.
Thank you!
Got a Rake? Sure!