No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That David Cross bit:

Also, I am pleased to discover a disdain for magic here. You people are my kind of grumps.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 1:04pm
That David Cross bit:

Also, I am pleased to discover a disdain for magic here. You people are my kind of grumps.
Cross' smugness doesn't always age well, but this bit still absolutely slays me.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 1:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 1:04pm
That David Cross bit:

Cross' smugness doesn't always age well, but this bit still absolutely slays me.
The Pride is Back from '99 is still fantastic. I haven't listened to Shut Up, You Fucking Baby in a long time, but I know that shit starts to get dire after that.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 12:11pm
Sorry to prolong this, but it was pointed out that most of those who attended this were first-year students, which means there was undoubtedly those underage. Student organizations complain about grumpy administration intrusion into their events, but then they do stupid shit like this.
Christ, it just gets worst for Gob.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 1:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 12:11pm
Sorry to prolong this, but it was pointed out that most of those who attended this were first-year students, which means there was undoubtedly those underage. Student organizations complain about grumpy administration intrusion into their events, but then they do stupid shit like this.
Christ, it just gets worst for Gob.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

You think the guy in the $4000 tuxedo is going to hold the door open for some student who is up to their eyeballs in debt? COME ON!
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And now we wait for Ottawa's CFL team to make up a insincere excuse for being themselves and then offer an equally insincere apology.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is more truth than jest, I suspect: https://thehardtimes.net/culture/conser ... k-rowling/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So awesome to do my Riot Grrrl lecture and see most of the women utterly bored. Then again, apparently two male egos were traumatized enough that they had to leave early.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 4:21pm
So awesome to do my Riot Grrrl lecture and see most of the women utterly bored. Then again, apparently two male egos were traumatized enough that they had to leave early.
Interesting. I must say when I saw Bikini Kill recently it was heartening to see a young batch of teens/women there to see the band. Obviously none were students of Dr M's boring class :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Interesting. I must say when I saw Bikini Kill recently it was heartening to see a young batch of teens/women there to see the band. Obviously none were students of Dr M's boring class :shifty:
In a weird illustration of the "girls to the front" principle, one young woman who showed up late but was interested was in the back row and had a hard time looking around a big guy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 5:22pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
In a weird illustration of the "girls to the front" principle, one young woman who showed up late but was interested was in the back row and had a hard time looking around a big guy.
Im constantly in the way of people but I do let some people in front of me. Im not going all the way to the back though. Get there earlier if you want to be closer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 5:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Im constantly in the way of people but I do let some people in front of me. Im not going all the way to the back though. Get there earlier if you want to be closer.
Patriarchal monster!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 5:54pm
revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 5:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Patriarchal monster!
Ive never prevented a woman from making her way forward but I have boxed out many assholes.