No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2292
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Sep 2018, 10:22am

"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17419
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 28 Sep 2018, 12:31pm

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 10:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:59pm
I continue to be amazed at the open denial of trauma and its effects, compounded with social pressures. C'mon, you lying little bitch, why didn't you go to the police right away after being sexually assaulted? You can't recall every detail with perfect clarity? Yeah, just as we thought, you're just trying to destroy a man. It's just a goddamned clinic on why women have such a hard time coming forward. The open malice towards women is fucking revolting.
I feel the same way and I often shudder thinking this is still the world my daughter is going to enter. That said - looking at her - seeing how smart and talented and incredible she is...it's one of my main motivations to volunteer in any away that I can during elections. I'm sick and tired of these horrible white men calling the shots and if I can help my daughter - and all of her friends and classmates - it's by helping to get these creeps voted out of office and also not keeping my mouth shut when I hear people - even friends - say stupid things.
Right on, WK.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 28 Sep 2018, 4:49pm

25.25W has just started going out with his first girlfriend so just this week I had one of those awkward father / son chats.
Time has changed as the focus wasn’t on the birds and the bees (he is a lot smarter than me when it comes to science) or safe sex but I wanted to talk to him about respect and how to conduct yourself.
I worry because like most boys his age he has access to unlimited amount of pornography plus he listens to rap music and watched films / video games which often don’t depict women in the right way etc.. It certainly isn’t a conversation I ever had and isn’t an easy one however should be on the list of things to-do for Dad’s nowadays.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27124
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Flex » 29 Sep 2018, 2:46am

Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Sep 2018, 8:26am

Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Sep 2018, 8:53am

101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
I'm somewhat optimistic about young men being better. I chatted with a few at various points last year about MeToo and they all said that they were a lot more conscious, if awkwardly so, about what they could say and assume when interacting with women. Which is the key first step—being aware, not working on some kind of dismissive, thoughtless autopilot.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Sep 2018, 4:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:53am
101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
I'm somewhat optimistic about young men being better. I chatted with a few at various points last year about MeToo and they all said that they were a lot more conscious, if awkwardly so, about what they could say and assume when interacting with women. Which is the key first step—being aware, not working on some kind of dismissive, thoughtless autopilot.
I was talking about this last night with friends and how my children’s generation will make the world a better place as they are genuinely not racist, sexist, homophobic and definitely far more accepting of everyone and everything.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Sep 2018, 5:11pm

101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:53am
101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
I'm somewhat optimistic about young men being better. I chatted with a few at various points last year about MeToo and they all said that they were a lot more conscious, if awkwardly so, about what they could say and assume when interacting with women. Which is the key first step—being aware, not working on some kind of dismissive, thoughtless autopilot.
I was talking about this last night with friends and how my children’s generation will make the world a better place as they are genuinely not racist, sexist, homophobic and definitely far more accepting of everyone and everything.
That's *a lot* more sanguine than I can allow myself. They are, on the whole, better than Xers or Boomers, largely because they're more conscious thanks to both curricula improvements and greater inclusion in mass entertainment and politics by previously marginalized peoples. That normalization makes it more of an effort to dismiss … but it does still happen.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Sep 2018, 5:15pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 5:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:53am
101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
I'm somewhat optimistic about young men being better. I chatted with a few at various points last year about MeToo and they all said that they were a lot more conscious, if awkwardly so, about what they could say and assume when interacting with women. Which is the key first step—being aware, not working on some kind of dismissive, thoughtless autopilot.
I was talking about this last night with friends and how my children’s generation will make the world a better place as they are genuinely not racist, sexist, homophobic and definitely far more accepting of everyone and everything.
That's *a lot* more sanguine than I can allow myself. They are, on the whole, better than Xers or Boomers, largely because they're more conscious thanks to both curricula improvements and greater inclusion in mass entertainment and politics by previously marginalized peoples. That normalization makes it more of an effort to dismiss … but it does still happen.
Of course it will always happen, bigoted people make bigoted parents and bigotry is a learnt behaviour.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17419
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 01 Oct 2018, 11:05am

101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
That's great to hear. You're a good dad.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 01 Oct 2018, 2:16pm

JennyB wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 11:05am
101Walterton wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 8:26am
Flex wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 2:46am
Good on ya, Wally. Important conversation to have. How'd it go?
He’s a smart kid, big heart, so he got it.
That's great to hear. You're a good dad.
Thanks Jenny

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 9060
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by BostonBeaneater » 01 Oct 2018, 8:35pm

Are you surprised that UB40 has been dragged into this? I can’t say I am.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rt-1148486
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton » 01 Oct 2018, 8:45pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 8:35pm
Are you surprised that UB40 has been dragged into this? I can’t say I am.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rt-1148486
UB40 are central to the story as apparently people were fighting to get out of the show. Pretty good mitigation I’d say and bordering on self defence.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Oct 2018, 10:20am

Quick reminder: Hillary Clinton is a bad person.
https://splinternews.com/hillary-clinto ... 1829746399
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17419
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB » 15 Oct 2018, 10:45am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 10:20am
Quick reminder: Hillary Clinton is a bad person.
https://splinternews.com/hillary-clinto ... 1829746399
Yep. She is.

I have always thought that she and the rest of the dems did a number on Monica. I am glad to see that she (Monica) seems to be thriving. And it's not just because I used to get mistaken for her all the time.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests