No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15898
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 7:04am
I figured it was only a matter of time for misplaced outrage against the Karen joke.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rc404=true
Didn’t realise Karen was a thing outside NZ 😂
Here it is more about the haircut than the name.
Whats a Karen haircut look like.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 5:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 7:04am
I figured it was only a matter of time for misplaced outrage against the Karen joke.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rc404=true
Didn’t realise Karen was a thing outside NZ 😂
Here it is more about the haircut than the name.
Whats a Karen haircut look like.
This.
Attachments
FE177A6C-55D8-444E-99DD-84BA71E1D54B.png

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15898
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 5:14pm
revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 5:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 7:04am
I figured it was only a matter of time for misplaced outrage against the Karen joke.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rc404=true
Didn’t realise Karen was a thing outside NZ 😂
Here it is more about the haircut than the name.
Whats a Karen haircut look like.
This.
Hmm and I will say not everyone can pull off any style(like WWK's mohawk) but Im not a fan.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35714
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by tepista »

I'm blocked from that article, but yeah, my wife and I aren't thrilled about the popularity of the name. :angry:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 11081
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 10:03pm
I'm blocked from that article, but yeah, my wife and I aren't thrilled about the popularity of the name. :angry:
I work with a Black woman named Karen. She is not psyched about this particular cultural meme.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94446
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94446
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I rather liked this, especially the last paragraph: https://thehardtimes.net/blog/my-son-us ... -identity/
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 30298
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 9:11am
I rather liked this, especially the last paragraph: https://thehardtimes.net/blog/my-son-us ... -identity/
Most excellent
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94446
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 30298
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 9:29am
Hard Times keeps up its A game.
https://thehardtimes.net/culture/mans-w ... ainst-him/
lmao, on point
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19682
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB »

I went down to Jeff City yesterday to testify against yet another egregious anti abortion bill and I pull up to the capitol building and it's fucking March for Life day.

Naturally, none of the pro-lifers were wearing masks.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
User avatar
Sightsee MC
Posts: 294
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:21am
I went down to Jeff City yesterday to testify against yet another egregious anti abortion bill and I pull up to the capitol building and it's fucking March for Life day.

Naturally, none of the pro-lifers were wearing masks.
I get confused by the pro-life bunch. On one hand, they want to tell women what's best for them but if you ask them to put on a mask, you'll likely be told it's their choice and they opt not too. Hypocrisy in all it's glory!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19682
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:37am
JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:21am
I went down to Jeff City yesterday to testify against yet another egregious anti abortion bill and I pull up to the capitol building and it's fucking March for Life day.

Naturally, none of the pro-lifers were wearing masks.
I get confused by the pro-life bunch. On one hand, they want to tell women what's best for them but if you ask them to put on a mask, you'll likely be told it's their choice and they opt not too. Hypocrisy in all it's glory!
Yep.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94446
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:37am
JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:21am
I went down to Jeff City yesterday to testify against yet another egregious anti abortion bill and I pull up to the capitol building and it's fucking March for Life day.

Naturally, none of the pro-lifers were wearing masks.
I get confused by the pro-life bunch. On one hand, they want to tell women what's best for them but if you ask them to put on a mask, you'll likely be told it's their choice and they opt not too. Hypocrisy in all it's glory!
Likewise the argument against vaccination. Suddenly the right to control their bodies w/r/t a medical procedure becomes pretty dang important. It's almost like they are being less than forthright about their principles …
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
User avatar
Sightsee MC
Posts: 294
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:43am
Sparky wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:37am
JennyB wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:21am
I went down to Jeff City yesterday to testify against yet another egregious anti abortion bill and I pull up to the capitol building and it's fucking March for Life day.

Naturally, none of the pro-lifers were wearing masks.
I get confused by the pro-life bunch. On one hand, they want to tell women what's best for them but if you ask them to put on a mask, you'll likely be told it's their choice and they opt not too. Hypocrisy in all it's glory!
Likewise the argument against vaccination. Suddenly the right to control their bodies w/r/t a medical procedure becomes pretty dang important. It's almost like they are being less than forthright about their principles …
Totally agree with you 110% Doc. Logic & facts be damned. I guess nobody bothered to tell the far right that the Orange Turd was vaccinated in January.

Post Reply