Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:09pm
Low Down Low wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:40pm
Low Down Low wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:22pm

Could well boil down to a 3 way run off between Major, Johnson and Theresa May with Pigman positioning himself as a compromise option if none of the 3 get a consensus. Tony Blair being mentioned in dispatches as a possible dark horse.
Yes, Blair! Confirmation of his ratfucker status needs to happen before he's finally drawn and quartered (why the hell have you people let that tradition fall away?).
I do think Blair would be ideal as his choosing to join Labour was such a blatant act of opportunism and career advancement that becoming a full blown tory would represent both a spiritual homecoming and an important step in setting the record straight.
It's far from an original thought, but Thatcher's and Reagan's greatest achievements, respectively, were Blair and Clinton. Getting the opposition to sell out their base and validate their ideology is the ultimate power move. The 80s were shit; the 90s confirmed it.
Asked once what her greatest achievement in politics was, Thatcher instantly replied "Tony Blair and New Labour." Michael Gove once described Blair as his favourite politician. Even with a massive commons majority, they never saw him as a threat but more of a seamless continuation of the monetary policies that were sacrosanct to them.
A nasty fucking viper and a tragedy to working people. Even worse compared to the US and Canada because Labour actually has a tradition of truly representing the working class.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 7:40pm

Yes, Blair! Confirmation of his ratfucker status needs to happen before he's finally drawn and quartered (why the hell have you people let that tradition fall away?).
I do think Blair would be ideal as his choosing to join Labour was such a blatant act of opportunism and career advancement that becoming a full blown tory would represent both a spiritual homecoming and an important step in setting the record straight.
It's far from an original thought, but Thatcher's and Reagan's greatest achievements, respectively, were Blair and Clinton. Getting the opposition to sell out their base and validate their ideology is the ultimate power move. The 80s were shit; the 90s confirmed it.
Asked once what her greatest achievement in politics was, Thatcher instantly replied "Tony Blair and New Labour." Michael Gove once described Blair as his favourite politician. Even with a massive commons majority, they never saw him as a threat but more of a seamless continuation of the monetary policies that were sacrosanct to them.
A nasty fucking viper and a tragedy to working people. Even worse compared to the US and Canada because Labour actually has a tradition of truly representing the working class.
I've seen Blairites arguing and producing graphs to support the contention that his was a redistributive government and rescued lots of people from deep poverty. But the kicker is, they are comparing it against the tragically low base of staunch anti-state Thatcherism so it's easy to make anything look good in that context. With a huge public mandate and an exchequer absolutely rolling in boom time cash, they chose to do little more than Thatcherism with a bit of tinkering around the edges, Thatcher-lite. Blair even promised to abolish the Lords and pretty much ended by stuffing it with his own cronies. And all that before we even go to, you know, that place where a million innocent citizens lay dead.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
20 Oct 2022, 8:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I've seen Blairites arguing and producing graphs to support the contention that his was a redistributive government and rescued lots of people from deep poverty. But the kicker is, they are comparing it against the tragically low base of staunch anti-state Thatcherism so it's easy to make anything look good in that context. With a huge public mandate and an exchequer absolutely rolling in boom time cash, they chose to do little more than Thatcherism with a bit of tinkering around the edges, Thatcher-lite. Blair even promised to abolish the Lords and pretty much ended by stuffing it with his own cronies. And all that before we even go to, you know, that place where a million innocent citizens lay dead.
We could have killed your family and burned down your home. But, you ungrateful prole, you still have a home, now, don’t you!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Cheer up people.
Attachments
20221021_090804.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 4:11am
Cheer up people.
:lol:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The big what-if of recent British history is PM Pigfucker and the Brexit referendum. If he reneges on that, how does it all play out going forward? It may have been messy on the right, but it can't have been worse than this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 8:33am
The big what-if of recent British history is PM Pigfucker and the Brexit referendum. If he reneges on that, how does it all play out going forward? It may have been messy on the right, but it can't have been worse than this.
Yeah, Farage would no doubt be creating a bit of mayhem on the right but it would probably be manageable enough. Given Pigmans gobsmacking hubris, it's very likely he'd still have orchestrated an early election and underestimated the popularity of Corbyn (at that point, i mean) so without the big distraction of brexit, it's interesting to think how that might have turned out. Hung parliament most likely.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 8:43am
Says it all really. At least Blair and Brown had a personal agreement between them both as to what would happen in the future. Even if Blair didn't take a back seat as quickly as agreed.

But hey it's Boris's law that counts, right?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Cheer up people.
Brilliant! And surely someone gonna storm the Xmas charts with a 12 days of update - 2 prime ministers, 3 home secretaries, 4 chancellors of the exchequer and a Johnson in a clown hat etc etc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 9:03am
Marky Dread wrote:
Cheer up people.
Brilliant! And surely someone gonna storm the Xmas charts with a 12 days of update - 2 prime ministers, 3 home secretaries, 4 chancellors of the exchequer and a Johnson in a clown hat etc etc
I both want and don't want that to happen. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 10:10am
Low Down Low wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 9:03am
Marky Dread wrote:
Cheer up people.
I both want and don't want that to happen. :lol:
Oh, it's definitely happening and I believe there will be a guaranteed instant airwaves ban for the line "on the fifth day of christmas the tories gave to me.....Five Jeremy C***s"

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Another week of mayhem and wouldn't be surprised to see the tories hit single figures. Thing I can't understand is why liberals aren't making serious ground, at least this poll has them rising 3 points but i think it could be the first time I've seen that. Just seems curious.