Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 8:01am
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 6:49am
Is Johnson toast this time? I think he is. Possibly definitely. Anyway, great to see all these brave honourable tory politicians stand up and draw a line in the sand. Nobody can be proven to be an amoralistic, inveterate liar for the 55th time and get away with it.
As always, this captures the moment when these things happen:
Can never watch that clip enough. Timeless!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wish this kind of stuff would happen here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Kory wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 1:48pm
Do you mean for the public good or just for entertainments sake? There's also rumours floating around that the main UK opposition leader might go too for being caught drinking a beer during lockdown which, if it did happen, would probably have to go down as one of the most ridiculous self inflicted sword-fellings in the history of politics. I don't think the public is the winner in any of this, but there's never a dull moment etc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 2:35pm
Kory wrote:
Do you mean for the public good or just for entertainments sake? There's also rumours floating around that the main UK opposition leader might go too for being caught drinking a beer during lockdown which, if it did happen, would probably have to go down as one of the most ridiculous self inflicted sword-fellings in the history of politics. I don't think the public is the winner in any of this, but there's never a dull moment etc
"Gosh, we don't know why the public is so cynical. The people are failing democracy!"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
I have plenty of my own entertainment, I just wish people would get their comeuppance once in a while around here. You know, instead of scandal being a feature and not a bug.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Kory wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 4:01pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
I have plenty of my own entertainment, I just wish people would get their comeuppance once in a while around here. You know, instead of scandal being a feature and not a bug.
Ah ok, i getcha. It's already pretty astonishing what Johnson has gotten away with, though, and I wouldn't be betting my non existent mortgage that he'll go this time either, for all half his party seems to have quit him now. A bit of bloodletting is good every now and again, of course, though the aftermath is often a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 3:55pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
"Gosh, we don't know why the public is so cynical. The people are failing democracy!"
At times like this, what we really need is a strong leader more than ever.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
May as well get rid of Parliament and these bullshit elections, too. I mean, c'mon, think of the money we'd save. We'll all get rich this way, especially once we force those undeserving bums to work or be deported.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 4:30pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
May as well get rid of Parliament and these bullshit elections, too. I mean, c'mon, think of the money we'd save. We'll all get rich this way, especially once we force those undeserving bums to work or be deported.
Have you been peeking at my policy manual? Those layabouts wouldn't know work if it came up and bit them in the ass, I'm thinking a nice long Rwandan holiday might be the boy for them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Have you been peeking at my policy manual? Those layabouts wouldn't know work if it came up and bit them in the ass, I'm thinking a nice long Rwandan holiday might be the boy for them.
Some snazzy armbands for loyal party members would be pretty neat, too.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 5:22pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Nice! And i got this pal, used to be one of those punky people back in the day, got a huge collection of armbands I know he'd lend me for a small fee, couple of million quid at worst. Really snazzy and colourful too. And while we're at it, I'm thinking it would be nice to have some kind of common attire for the office, not a uniform exactly, maybe just get everybody to wear a brown shirt or something. I dunno, really just spitballing here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Nice! And i got this pal, used to be one of those punky people back in the day, got a huge collection of armbands I know he'd lend me for a small fee, couple of million quid at worst. Really snazzy and colourful too. And while we're at it, I'm thinking it would be nice to have some kind of common attire for the office, not a uniform exactly, maybe just get everybody to wear a brown shirt or something. I dunno, really just spitballing here.
Damn! This shit's gonna last 1000 years!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 5:44pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Damn! This shit's gonna last 1000 years!
You never know, i think we beat the last guy anyway, just wasn't up to the task of you ask me.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Would you see Hitler in his 1945 bunker letting the cat out in front of hundreds of cameras?

This fucking country.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 6:22pm
Would you see Hitler in his 1945 bunker letting the cat out in front of hundreds of cameras?

This fucking country.
Brilliant. :lol: