Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Low Down Low »

It seems rather disturbing to me that the police are beating up innocent protesters, routinely lying to the public and yet the leader of the opposition, so desperate to be the voice of law and order, has absolutely nothing to say about it whatsoever.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 12:50pm
Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 9:02am
The Policing bill and cops attacks on protesters getting any play abroad?
Are you speaking about the young woman suspected of being murdered by a cop while walking home? If so, no, I haven't seen much about it outside of the usual UK media sources.
Bristol's had about a week of protests against the bill which seeks to limit the right to protest, criminalise travellers, among other things. The police have been cracking heads, punching people sat on some grass chanting "Peaceful Protest." Some hyper-authoritarian scenes, with the cops' claims of having had bones broken and lungs fractured by protesters lasting a news cycle before then quietly admitting that nothing like that happened.
Ray Gange was saying exactly the same stuff on his FB page. Complete Police bullshit yet again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 1:24pm
It seems rather disturbing to me that the police are beating up innocent protesters, routinely lying to the public and yet the leader of the opposition, so desperate to be the voice of law and order, has absolutely nothing to say about it whatsoever.
The entire Labour frontbench are craven morons, who support the police's use of force against citizens unconditionally not because of their own beliefs, but to assuage any concerns an imaginary racist van driver might have about them.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 2:10pm
Low Down Low wrote:
The entire Labour frontbench are craven morons, who support the police's use of force against citizens unconditionally not because of their own beliefs, but to assuage any concerns an imaginary racist van driver might have about them.
White van man?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 2:15pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
White van man?
Yeah, that's probably the character they've invented to tell themselves they're being politically clever by providing zero opposition to the conservatives.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
We're a zillion years away from when Franklin Roosevelt would say, and be applauded for, that he welcomed the hate of the wealthy. Why on earth the left should give half a fuck what the worst elements of society and their allies think about being labelled monsters. Does the left act this way out of some kneejerk opposition to the fact that the right enjoys as a badge of authenticity the contempt of their own foes?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 2:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
We're a zillion years away from when Franklin Roosevelt would say, and be applauded for, that he welcomed the hate of the wealthy. Why on earth the left should give half a fuck what the worst elements of society and their allies think about being labelled monsters. Does the left act this way out of some kneejerk opposition to the fact that the right enjoys as a badge of authenticity the contempt of their own foes?
The Labour party are absolutely certain that there is no electoral support for a left-wing agenda, which they can prove by pointing out that their constant undermining and coups against the Corbyn project ensured its failure.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
The Labour party are absolutely certain that there is no electoral support for a left-wing agenda, which they can prove by pointing out that their constant undermining and coups against the Corbyn project ensured its failure.
It's like they think they can shift the debate to the right and beat the Tories on their own proven ground. That seems totally fucking bonkers to me. It's not 1997 anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 3:16pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
It's like they think they can shift the debate to the right and beat the Tories on their own proven ground. That seems totally fucking bonkers to me. It's not 1997 anymore.
It's one of those things that remind myself that, even if I support a lot of left ideals, I just can't think of myself as a leftist because what formal leftist expressions are so cowardly if not treacherous. I have faith in my values but little in what passes for the left in practice.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Low Down Low wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
And Blair exoriated Major and the Tories at every single opportunity, which the Labour right have totally Eternal Sunshine'd.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 3:46pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

And Blair exoriated Major and the Tories at every single opportunity, which the Labour right have totally Eternal Sunshine'd.
That's very true. I suppose i meant its not 1997 in the sense the tories aren't a beaten docket like they were then when Blair inherited a 20 point lead from John Smith. For a while there it seemed they were thinking, do nothing and we'll sail to power in the back of tory lies and incompetence, now the vaccine success has blindsided them and they're back to raising their hem to workington man.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Low Down Low wrote:
Yes, like this...

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

At least the local Labour candidates are showing concern for Police actions even if Starmer and the majority of mp's aren't.
Attachments
ExfiZ0DXIAQhAX6.png
ExfiZ0DXIAQhAX6.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 3:31pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

It's uk one of those things that remind myself that, even if I support a lot of left ideals, I just can't think of myself as a leftist because what formal leftist expressions are so cowardly if not treacherous. I have faith in my values but little in what passes for the left in practice.
I know where you're coming from. The same dynamic i'm thinking where jeremy corbyns policies poll really well across all sections of the population but they still wouldn't vote for him to be pm. I'm actually in a place where i don't see any credible leftist option and that grieves me. The greens are closest but they need to get their act together.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

FarawayTowns wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Yes, like this...

That video is appalling. That's assault and battery at a minimum and maybe even worse. Hope that unfortunate young woman is ok.