Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 8:14am
The Boss is home again, which means the tv has to be on to watch the funeral. Among the inane things I've heard from CBC personnel there, as the coffin rolls by we were told that that's the queen in her coffin. Which may sound stupidly obvious unless you know that at royal funerals there are always a dozen decoy coffins to foil Catholics who seek to steal the body in order to create an elixir that provides the Pope with dark power.
So much air time to fill and so much of it with the most trivial mundanity, though interestingly, i did it hear it suggested several times during the lying in state that the Queen wasn't actually in the coffin at all, that people were joining The Queue, and indeed the queue for The Queue, to genuflect and pay their respects to an empty box. I mean, i doubt it personally, but a good 10-15% of doubt at a bare minimum.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 8:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 8:14am
The Boss is home again, which means the tv has to be on to watch the funeral. Among the inane things I've heard from CBC personnel there, as the coffin rolls by we were told that that's the queen in her coffin. Which may sound stupidly obvious unless you know that at royal funerals there are always a dozen decoy coffins to foil Catholics who seek to steal the body in order to create an elixir that provides the Pope with dark power.
So much air time to fill and so much of it with the most trivial mundanity, though interestingly, i did it hear it suggested several times during the lying in state that the Queen wasn't actually in the coffin at all, that people were joining The Queue, and indeed the queue for The Queue, to genuflect and pay their respects to an empty box. I mean, i doubt it personally, but a good 10-15% of doubt at a bare minimum.
Yeah, probably not, but it’s possible for some goofy reason or another.

Another moronic comment by a talking head was whether William’s kid, who’s second in line, is taking all this in and preparing to be king one day. Yes, yes, almost certainly that’s what’s going on in the head of a ten-year-old. The other talking heads assured us that that was a very perceptive observation.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

It's a very competitive field but the overall winner for me is the bbc reporter who had spoken to a woman after viewing the coffin who said she had always thought of the Queen as an ordinary person, just like everybody else, but now, after seeing her coffin raised up and all the people looking up, she finally understood that She wasn't like them, that in a way she wasn't really mortal at all. It was, the reporter solemnly declared, "a very powerful moment."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 9:10am
It's a very competitive field but the overall winner for me is the bbc reporter who had spoken to a woman after viewing the coffin who said she had always thought of the Queen as an ordinary person, just like everybody else, but now, after seeing her coffin raised up and all the people looking up, she finally understood that She wasn't like them, that in a way she wasn't really mortal at all. It was, the reporter solemnly declared, "a very powerful moment."
It’s a curious thing to see so many people clamouring desperately to validate their inferior status.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

One rich old lady dies and what feels like the whole world stops. Over the coming winter months many more old ladies are going to die and virtually no one will attend their funerals. £100 millions plus for one funeral. I wonder how many of those other old ladies we could save if only that was shared out as winter fuel payments.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 9:44am
Low Down Low wrote:
It’s a curious thing to see so many people clamouring desperately to validate their inferior status.
The other thing that struck me was how often I've seen the words, "I've always been a strong republican, but...", and not just in a Lydonesque way but from people you'd consider genuinely of the left. Kind of reinforces for me how and why the establishment has such a grip on things and anyone deviating, even a modest bit, gets such push back.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
The other thing that struck me was how often I've seen the words, "I've always been a strong republican, but...", and not just in a Lydonesque way but from people you'd consider genuinely of the left. Kind of reinforces for me how and why the establishment has such a grip on things and anyone deviating, even a modest bit, gets such push back.
I’ve always been fond of Marx’s claim that “the traditions of dead generations weigh like a nightmare on the brain of the living.”

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 9:53am
One rich old lady dies and what feels like the whole world stops. Over the coming winter months many more old ladies are going to die and virtually no one will attend their funerals. £100 millions plus for one funeral. I wonder how many of those other old ladies we could save if only that was shared out as winter fuel payments.
Well said.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:16am
Low Down Low wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 10:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
I’ve always been fond of Marx’s claim that “the traditions of dead generations weigh like a nightmare on the brain of the living.”
Very apt and pertinent. It does feel to me that, more than ever, we are getting an almost uniquely close-up glimpse of myths and history being written and shaped. It's quite fascinating in that respect.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
Well said.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

It's unrelenting...

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 9:46am
twitter.com/_RichardParry_/status/1570706799975862272
I've seen that video a few times now and it slays me every time. Probably what killed the queen.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
That's the most striking thing. So much money that could have gone elsewhere.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Marky Dread wrote:
I concur 100%. Money is always made readily available for certain events.