Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 8:53am
As unlikely as it is, the only residual appeal i can see in a Johnson return is the prospect of him losing his seat as pm and party leader at the next election. Has a relatively slim majority as things stand.

The other appealing aspect is if it could rip the party apart. Let them all devour each other and then choke on the vomit.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Alas, the clown is not getting out of his car.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

:meh:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 5:58pm
Churchill is dead and the bad news is there'll be a billionaire prime minister this week telling the nation it's in for tough times but we're all in it together and we'll pull through because we're resilient yada etc.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

***Statue watch update***
Current status: about as well as could be expected

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Churchill is dead and the bad news is there'll be a billionaire prime minister this week telling the nation it's in for tough times but we're all in it together and we'll pull through because we're resilient yada etc.
Do it for Liz! (The one people mourned, not the one they mocked.)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:32pm

That dildo was manufactured and purchased thru the free market. It's a tribute!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:43pm
Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:32pm

That dildo was manufactured and purchased thru the free market. It's a tribute!
Hadn't thought of it like that, but can definitely see the thrust of your argument!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:42pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, we know he isn't doing it for the money and almost certainly not for the poor either, those lazy good for nothing scoundrels, so I guess that just leaves Liz and those living who have a couple of billion in the kitty and are really keen to build up the nest egg a bit more.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 7:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 6:42pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, we know he isn't doing it for the money and almost certainly not for the poor either, those lazy good for nothing scoundrels, so I guess that just leaves Liz and those living who have a couple of billion in the kitty and are really keen to build up the nest egg a bit more.
It's going to be like the scene in The Rutles where people loot Rutlecorps.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Bazake is a friend of mine doing fake news, btw
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 11:04pm
Bazake is a friend of mine doing fake news, btw
How can we tell if this is true.😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Screenshot_20221024_103951.jpg

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Hard not to see Sunak as an improvement on the previous two Prime Ministers, whatever his many flaws. He's going to continue the crushing immiseration of everyone below the upper middle class but he's less in the pocket of Randian lunatic think tanks. Check back next week to see if I'm wrong and we're at full Mad Max.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 11:40am
Hard not to see Sunak as an improvement on the previous two Prime Ministers, whatever his many flaws. He's going to continue the crushing immiseration of everyone below the upper middle class but he's less in the pocket of Randian lunatic think tanks. Check back next week to see if I'm wrong and we're at full Mad Max.
Again part of my drift towards, uh, the center I suppose but I think the last half decade or so has provided some pretty solid case studies that as bad as someone is, yes, it can definitely get materially worse.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 11:49am
Silent Majority wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 11:40am
Again part of my drift towards, uh, the center I suppose but I think the last half decade or so has provided some pretty solid case studies that as bad as someone is, yes, it can definitely get materially worse.
Rumours that the bottom of the barrel has been reached are always greatly exaggerated.