revbob wrote:
07 May 2023, 5:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:52pm
revbob wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:31pm

Colourful hats, strawberries and cream, ice cream and jelly, cups of tea, cucumber sandwiches and wave at the nonce as he drives by.
Cucumber sandwiches? Tell me this isn't just sliced cucumbers on some sort of bread
Yep 2 slices of bread and butter with sliced cucumber. Tastes like shit. Please take pity on me and send some meatballs.
I find cucumbers dreadful on their own, bread and butter cant save them.
Unless it's pickled, cucumbers suck.
Gherkins and were in business.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
07 May 2023, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
07 May 2023, 5:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:52pm
revbob wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2023, 4:31pm

Colourful hats, strawberries and cream, ice cream and jelly, cups of tea, cucumber sandwiches and wave at the nonce as he drives by.
Cucumber sandwiches? Tell me this isn't just sliced cucumbers on some sort of bread
Yep 2 slices of bread and butter with sliced cucumber. Tastes like shit. Please take pity on me and send some meatballs.
I find cucumbers dreadful on their own, bread and butter cant save them.
Unless it's pickled, cucumbers suck.
My sentiments exactly!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I love cucumber.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Cucumber is fine as a supplementary addition to a sandwich. A reliable cast member, but never the star.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
07 May 2023, 7:02pm
I love cucumber and KISS.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

As a kid, I was mad about cucumbers. Used to gnaw my way through them like others would eat apples. Then I was round my Dad's flat in Streatham making my way through my third cucumber of the day and, watching the film Flubber, rented on VHS from Blockbuster, I puked green vomit in a spray all over the living room. I've only been able to eat them, in tiny doses, again for the last two years or so.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I believe the upper class fetish for cucumbers started with the Raj where they were favoured for being a colder, more refreshing vegetable in a repressively hot climate (hence "cool as a cucumber") and from there it was brought back to the old country and became a symbol as much as anything else.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2023, 7:43am
I believe the upper class fetish for cucumbers started with the Raj where they were favoured for being a colder, more refreshing vegetable in a repressively hot climate (hence "cool as a cucumber") and from there it was brought back to the old country and became a symbol as much as anything else.
Between that and tea*, the English (that is, the elite) have a thing for deeply claiming as their own stuff not native to the island.

*And, like, lots and lots of land and wealth.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2023, 7:47am
Low Down Low wrote:
Between that and tea*, the English (that is, the elite) have a thing for deeply claiming as their own stuff not native to the island.

I think the idea of sticking cucumber slices between slices of white starch is most definitely a British invention, though. I can just imagine the conversations in the officers' and gentlemen's kitchens as the native servants prepared these very unusual delicacies.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2023, 7:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I think the idea of sticking cucumber slices between slices of white starch is most definitely a British invention, though. I can just imagine the conversations in the officers' and gentlemen's kitchens as the native servants prepared these very unusual delicacies.
Something along the lines of "How the hell are these pasty morons in charge?"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 May 2023, 6:52am
As a kid, I was mad about cucumbers. Used to gnaw my way through them like others would eat apples. Then I was round my Dad's flat in Streatham making my way through my third cucumber of the day and, watching the film Flubber, rented on VHS from Blockbuster, I puked green vomit in a spray all over the living room. I've only been able to eat them, in tiny doses, again for the last two years or so.
Oh yikes.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2023, 8:00am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I have little doubt that the great Sepoy Mutiny of the mid 19th century was at least partly inspired by the rise of the cumcumber sandwich.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2023, 8:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I have little doubt that the great Sepoy Mutiny of the mid 19th century was at least partly inspired by the rise of the cumcumber sandwich.
I'd love to learn that the English were referred to as Cukes.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2023, 8:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Definitely preferable than cucks anyway

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 May 2023, 8:18am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2023, 8:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Definitely preferable than cucks anyway
And that, folks, is how you do thread mutation.