Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 7:07pm
How do Conservatives in the UK regard Trump?
You got to respect the office, the US is our closest ally. And you know what? He may be uncouth, but he gets things done.
So, basically most Republicans (and, increasingly, Canadian Conservatives). Dancing wit da wun dat brung ya, but not truly in love.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Trump is giving people all over the world permission to finally explicitly come out as the fascist bootleggers they always tried to pretend they weren't. It's heartwarming, in its way.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 8:34pm
Trump is giving people all over the world permission to finally explicitly come out as the fascist bootleggers they always tried to pretend they weren't. It's heartwarming, in its way.
I remember thinking that for all the post-racial warm fuzzies of Obama's election(s), it seemed more like a license for all those coon jokes to be brought out again. Between that and Trump, we've got decent evidence that the right has been seething since the CRM and waiting for an opportunity to explode at the injustice of being made to feel bad for being a white supremacist.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
They in precarious position because they got to talk tough in public about keeping your mitts off our precious national health service while ensuring trump is kept sweet in private because the tories know they desperately need that US trade deal.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 4:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They in precarious position because they got to talk tough in public about keeping your mitts off our precious national health service while ensuring trump is kept sweet in private because the tories know they desperately need that US trade deal.
Yep just another you scratch my back deal. LEAVE THE NHS ALONE BORIS!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 5:21am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You're ok. The don says he wouldnt touch it if you handed to him on a silver platter. That means definitely absolutely off the table, right?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
LEAVE THE NHS ALONE BORIS!
You talking to me? Oh, wait, wrong Marky.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 6:55am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You're ok. The don says he wouldnt touch it if you handed to him on a silver platter. That means definitely absolutely off the table, right?
I'll happily put something on a silver platter for him. He may need the NHS afterwards though. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 7:28am
Marky Dread wrote:
LEAVE THE NHS ALONE BORIS!
You talking to me? Oh, wait, wrong Marky.
Is that you Boris? :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

:mad: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 7:41am
Low Down Low wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 6:55am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll happily put something on a silver platter for him. He may need the NHS afterwards though. ;)
:lol:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'd almost kill for something like the NHS right now. My company is in the process of being purchased by another company and we're having to enroll in their health insurance and it is a mind numbing process. I had gotten to the point where I was familiar enough with my old insurance that I could breeze through the enrollment process every year, but now it's make my best guess and hope I'm doing the right thing because if I mess it up I'm stuck with it for an entire year.

I'm thankful to be insured, but private health insurance is hell to deal with.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 10:57am
I'd almost kill for something like the NHS right now. My company is in the process of being purchased by another company and we're having to enroll in their health insurance and it is a mind numbing process. I had gotten to the point where I was familiar enough with my old insurance that I could breeze through the enrollment process every year, but now it's make my best guess and hope I'm doing the right thing because if I mess it up I'm stuck with it for an entire year.

When we lived in the US in the 90s, right after Clinton's failed health care restructuring, we were blown away by the power of the private health care industry propaganda re. the evils of Canada's socialized health insurance program. It was a miracle we didn't die in childbirth given how brutal and ineffective our “free” system was.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 11:43am
WestwayKid wrote:

When we lived in the US in the 90s, right after Clinton's failed health care restructuring, we were blown away by the power of the private health care industry propaganda re. the evils of Canada's socialized health insurance program. It was a miracle we didn't die in childbirth given how brutal and ineffective our “free” system was.
It's not just the propaganda - it's the business of misinformation. They work hard to keep things vague so that you think you know what's up, but then surprise - you guessed wrong. My girlfriend had a test done earlier this year. Nothing out of the ordinary, but she put the effort in to make sure that the provider was in network. A month later she received a bill for 20K and despite many calls we were never able to figure out exactly why it was not covered. They eventually made the charge go away and we're also not sure why that happened.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 11:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

It's not just the propaganda - it's the business of misinformation. They work hard to keep things vague so that you think you know what's up, but then surprise - you guessed wrong. My girlfriend had a test done earlier this year. Nothing out of the ordinary, but she put the effort in to make sure that the provider was in network. A month later she received a bill for 20K and despite many calls we were never able to figure out exactly why it was not covered. They eventually made the charge go away and we're also not sure why that happened.
I can't wrap my head around that experience. The idea of whether to seek medical based on your bank account is barbaric. Even conservatives here aren't dumb enough to oppose it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 12:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 11:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I can't wrap my head around that experience. The idea of whether to seek medical based on your bank account is barbaric. Even conservatives here aren't dumb enough to oppose it.
That's the perfect word for it, barbaric.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy