Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Sep 2019, 11:40am

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:32am
Darth Johnson!
False. There is not still good in him.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14925
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority » 02 Sep 2019, 11:48am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 10:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 9:23am
Election is looking likely now.
Less ambiguity this time than the Brexit vote about what people are opting for—jumping off a fucking cliff or not (mind you, in that "not" is a further range of possibilities).
I think the Labour Party have about evens chances of winning if they do call it.
Started me a graveyard of my own

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Sep 2019, 11:57am

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 10:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 9:23am
Election is looking likely now.
Less ambiguity this time than the Brexit vote about what people are opting for—jumping off a fucking cliff or not (mind you, in that "not" is a further range of possibilities).
I think the Labour Party have about evens chances of winning if they do call it.
It's a weird set of circumstances, from what I've read, is that Labour has to worry about the Lib Dems siphoning votes and the Conservatives have to worry about the Brexit Party siphoning votes. First Past the Post muddies things so damned much.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 42113
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 02 Sep 2019, 1:17pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:40am
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:32am
Darth Johnson!
False. There is not still good in him.
He's trying to smash the rebel alliance.
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex » 03 Sep 2019, 10:43am

LMAO, Boris just lost his majority.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Sep 2019, 10:45am

Flex wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:43am
LMAO, Boris just lost his majority.
Dramatically, no less. I've never seen something like that happen in the middle of a debate.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14925
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority » 03 Sep 2019, 10:53am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:45am
Flex wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 10:43am
LMAO, Boris just lost his majority.
Dramatically, no less. I've never seen something like that happen in the middle of a debate.
Well, now.
Started me a graveyard of my own

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14925
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority » 03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm

I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
Started me a graveyard of my own

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Sep 2019, 12:20pm

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm
I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
What are their chances in your riding?
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14925
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority » 03 Sep 2019, 12:32pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:20pm
Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm
I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
What are their chances in your riding?
In my area? Really good, I think this is pretty much a safe seat. For the general? I have literally no idea, tending towards pessimism.
Started me a graveyard of my own

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28091
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex » 03 Sep 2019, 12:44pm

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm
I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
I'm seeing some Lib Dem supporters that I sort of legacy-follow from Woke Doctor Who circles resigning today as it becomes clear to them they're just the new Remainer Tories party. Would be interesting if they suffer a little backlash now that they don't own the anti-brexit lane quite so authoritatively and their center-right predilections get re-exposed. Seems like them backsliding a bit would improve Labour's chances considerably.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Sep 2019, 12:56pm

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:20pm
Silent Majority wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:07pm
I've made the decision to once more begrudgingly, but tirelessly, campaign for Labour if an election is called.
What are their chances in your riding?
In my area? Really good, I think this is pretty much a safe seat. For the general? I have literally no idea, tending towards pessimism.
If people can't be motivated on this last shot at avoiding catastrophe, they've accepted the idea that their interests don't mean much to them. As I said above a few days ago, this won't have the ambiguity of the Brexit vote; vote Tory or Brexit and you're accepting calamity.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Sep 2019, 5:54pm

Wow, 21 dissidents held firm and voted against the government. The threats didn't work.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 42113
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Sep 2019, 1:19pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 5:54pm
Wow, 21 dissidents held firm and voted against the government. The threats didn't work.
If these MPs can come together now why couldn't they have done this from the start for what's best for the country and not their individual parties.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 83048
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Sep 2019, 1:42pm

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 5:54pm
Wow, 21 dissidents held firm and voted against the government. The threats didn't work.
If these MPs can come together now why couldn't they have done this from the start for what's best for the country and not their individual parties.
Hoping that they wouldn't have to sacrifice their political careers over this, but Boris pushed them to the edge. Supposedly Rees-Synthesizer's condescending lecture/threat beforehand also pushed a handful into defiance.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests