Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3259
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Hey limeys

Post by WestwayKid » 03 Dec 2019, 4:17pm

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:51pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:47pm
Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:39pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 1:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 12:13pm


I can't wrap my head around that experience. The idea of whether to seek medical based on your bank account is barbaric. Even conservatives here aren't dumb enough to oppose it.
This is exactly how it is. People (including myself) routinely put off going to the doctor simply because of the cost. We end up skipping basic preventative care.
Up until last year I hadn't been for a checkup in 15 years. And I found out nowadays that's like a 15 minute thing. They don't even check your blood anymore just to see if everything's level. You have to have some kind of symptom for them to do any kind of real workup. Probably will wait another 15 if this is the way of things now.
There isn't any $$$ to be made in an average checkup. They want you out of the exam room so they can bring in someone who "needs" a test or two.
Well I guess that will eventually be me if they don't care about preventative.
My new insurance promises to cover more preventative care. We'll see.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 11223
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Kory » 03 Dec 2019, 4:22pm

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 4:17pm
Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:51pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:47pm
Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:39pm
WestwayKid wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 1:15pm


This is exactly how it is. People (including myself) routinely put off going to the doctor simply because of the cost. We end up skipping basic preventative care.
Up until last year I hadn't been for a checkup in 15 years. And I found out nowadays that's like a 15 minute thing. They don't even check your blood anymore just to see if everything's level. You have to have some kind of symptom for them to do any kind of real workup. Probably will wait another 15 if this is the way of things now.
There isn't any $$$ to be made in an average checkup. They want you out of the exam room so they can bring in someone who "needs" a test or two.
Well I guess that will eventually be me if they don't care about preventative.
My new insurance promises to cover more preventative care. We'll see.
Please marry me.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 85232
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Dec 2019, 8:09pm

Blossom and Six want fake ID's

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43769
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Dec 2019, 5:31am

God bless America.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3259
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Hey limeys

Post by WestwayKid » 04 Dec 2019, 12:26pm

'So If You're Poor, You're Dead'?

Yup. Pretty much.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3259
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Hey limeys

Post by WestwayKid » 04 Dec 2019, 12:27pm

At least I don't live in a Red State: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/opin ... tates.html
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 85232
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Dec 2019, 5:33pm

Saw this in the grocery store today. Pretty sweet that the Inquirer scooped all the Limey papers on this, and of course the lamestream media is covering it up over here.
Image
Blossom and Six want fake ID's

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 19453
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Hey limeys

Post by 101Walterton » 07 Dec 2019, 6:18pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 5:33pm
Saw this in the grocery store today. Pretty sweet that the Inquirer scooped all the Limey papers on this, and of course the lamestream media is covering it up over here.
Image
Keep reading articles and hearing people say the Queen should do this.
Err hello legislation democracy???

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 85232
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Dec 2019, 7:21pm

101Walterton wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 5:33pm
Saw this in the grocery store today. Pretty sweet that the Inquirer scooped all the Limey papers on this, and of course the lamestream media is covering it up over here.
Image
Keep reading articles and hearing people say the Queen should do this.
Err hello legislation democracy???
Your people used to know what to do with royalty, back in 1649.
Blossom and Six want fake ID's

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43769
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Dec 2019, 6:06am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 7:21pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 5:33pm
Saw this in the grocery store today. Pretty sweet that the Inquirer scooped all the Limey papers on this, and of course the lamestream media is covering it up over here.
Image
Keep reading articles and hearing people say the Queen should do this.
Err hello legislation democracy???
Your people used to know what to do with royalty, back in 1649.
High treason abolish the monarchy!
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31682
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Heston » 08 Dec 2019, 6:20am

Sponging leeches, I would send them all to the tower, fucking lizards.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43769
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Dec 2019, 8:00am

Heston wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 6:20am
Sponging leeches, I would send them all to the tower, fucking lizards.
I feel the same except the tower is too warm for them. And the way this country decides stuff nowadays it would take forever to hang them.

No they should be sent to some frozen wasteland. Without food and clothing but just to show my humane side they can have some KISS albums.
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15156
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Silent Majority » 12 Dec 2019, 2:29pm

The suspense is killing me, but only about 5% as much as a Tory majority would. I'll be livid at the rotten bovine Brits if they come out in their diseased hordes for their dancing cretinous King.
Write you a letter in the morning
Tonight I can't hold a pen


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28442
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex » 12 Dec 2019, 2:34pm

it's gonna be darkly amusing when Labour picks up enough seats to put together a governing coalition but the Lib Dems opt to throw in with the Tories.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 19453
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Hey limeys

Post by 101Walterton » 12 Dec 2019, 3:55pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 8:00am
Heston wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 6:20am
Sponging leeches, I would send them all to the tower, fucking lizards.
I feel the same except the tower is too warm for them. And the way this country decides stuff nowadays it would take forever to hang them.

No they should be sent to some frozen wasteland. Without food and clothing but just to show my humane side they can have some KISS albums.
Newcastle?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests