Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 7:03pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 6:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 4:35pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 4:13pm
There are non-incel Musk fans? I suppose it's possible …
Ive had the displeasure of working with some.
Based on the people you've mentioned working with, I wouldn't wear deodorant but make a point of chewing coffee-garlic gum.
I only talk about the bad ones. It comes with the territory though (working in a technical field).
Tech workers are slime mostly.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Kory »

I’ve never had enough (or any, I think) followers to make actual tweeting worth it. I just use it as a way of saving funny posts by retweeting them, using my own account as a kind of repo of other peoples comedy.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 2:09pm
There are a couple legal commentators that I still check on. I don’t post anything and never have (the Boss and I briefly used it before we had phones that could text, so we set our accounts to private and texted to each other that way; most of our tweets consisted of “What do you want for dinner?” “I dunno. Suggest something.” “Pasta?” “No. Don’t worry, I’ll make myself something when I get home.” In retrospect, it was a slo-motion description of familial collapse.)
Wait, you had phones that couldn’t text but did have access to twitter?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 2:09pm
There are a couple legal commentators that I still check on. I don’t post anything and never have (the Boss and I briefly used it before we had phones that could text, so we set our accounts to private and texted to each other that way; most of our tweets consisted of “What do you want for dinner?” “I dunno. Suggest something.” “Pasta?” “No. Don’t worry, I’ll make myself something when I get home.” In retrospect, it was a slo-motion description of familial collapse.)
Wait, you had phones that couldn’t text but did have access to twitter?
I didn't get a cell til a couple years ago. I never phoned anybody except a weekly call to my mother so I never could justify the cost of having a cell. As is, I use it to make a call maybe once or twice a week. I only got one because the university instituted that fucking multi-factor authentication crap, so I needed one to log into work accounts on campus. Anyway, we were using twitter for texting when I was working in the archives, so I had my laptop with me. Not sure if The Boss had a smartphone at that point or was also just using her computer at work.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 3:28pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 8:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 4:35pm

There are non-incel Musk fans? I suppose it's possible …
Based on the people you've mentioned working with, I wouldn't wear deodorant but make a point of chewing coffee-garlic gum.
I only talk about the bad ones. It comes with the territory though (working in a technical field).
There is a lot of evidence to support this.

But I tend to apply this theory to humanity in general.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 5:40pm
Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 3:28pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 8:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

There is a lot of evidence to support this.

But I tend to apply this theory to humanity in general.
Same here but Seattle is crawling with them, and they've really changed the mood of the place.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Stole this from Mrs. B's facebook
Attachments
FB_IMG_1668476543513.jpg
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 9:42pm
Stole this from Mrs. B's facebook
And I stole it from the "Puns of Brixton" Facebook page. Which I like to think Marky started.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex

Post by Flex »

It is, of course, not even slightl surprising that the Elon Musk Brain Trust freaks who are destroying twitter are also Coronavirus Lab Leak guys:

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 3:54pm
It is, of course, not even slightl surprising that the Elon Musk Brain Trust freaks who are destroying twitter are also Coronavirus Lab Leak guys:
People to ignore: Those who say they are forbidden from speaking publicly about what they speak about.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 4:03pm
People to ignore: Those who say they are forbidden from speaking publicly about what they speak about.
"Check out all these forbidden truths that I and the rest of my cohort of the wealthiest people on the planet aren't allowed to say publicly. You can only hear about this in the op eds we write, the public communication channels we control, the popular podcasts we release weekly, oh and the politicians who agree with us. Forbidden!"

Also also, I can only imagine how cooked on ethno-nationalist paleoconservativism these shitheads are that they perceive the lab leak theory as "conventional wisdom" now.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 4:03pm
"Check out all these forbidden truths that I and the rest of my cohort of the wealthiest people on the planet aren't allowed to say publicly. You can only hear about this in the op eds we write, the public communication channels we control, the popular podcasts we release weekly, oh and the politicians who agree with us. Forbidden!"

Also also, I can only imagine how cooked on ethno-nationalist paleoconservativism these shitheads are that they perceive the lab leak theory as "conventional wisdom" now.
Well, it would be conventional but people got cancelled!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 7:56pm
https://newrepublic.com/article/168572/ ... est-things

11/12 (missed the last one)
Also, 11/12, but just missed the second to last one.

If the Simpsons were slightly less firmly embedded in my brain such that the Burns quotes usually immediately conjured up the scene they're from, I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to make a distinction between Musk and Burns.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 8:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 7:56pm
https://newrepublic.com/article/168572/ ... est-things

11/12 (missed the last one)
Also, 11/12, but just missed the second to last one.

If the Simpsons were slightly less firmly embedded in my brain such that the Burns quotes usually immediately conjured up the scene they're from, I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to make a distinction between Musk and Burns.
Same thing for me. If I didn't recognize it, I went with Musk.