No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:24am
Kimmelweck wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 9:50pm
Jon Gruden out as Raiders head coach after his racist comments from a few years ago. Good. Buh-bye.
Yeah fuck him. Unfortunately he's already made his millions.
Who comes to his defence first, Carlson or Hannity?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

10 yo black girl hand cuffed in front of classmates and taken into custody...

https://www.insider.com/black-girl-10-a ... 021-10?amp

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 12:05pm

That's the kind of moment where, as a cop, I'd rethink my life. Of course, aspiring cops are filtered out to make sure no one with a conscience or engages in self-reflection ever becomes one.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 12:42pm
revbob wrote:

That's the kind of moment where, as a cop, I'd rethink my life. Of course, aspiring cops are filtered out to make sure no one with a conscience or engages in self-reflection ever becomes one.
This.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

And when this is an acceptable course of action to take with a 10yo in a completely harmless situation its no wonder they shoot people over nothing. The whole mindset that is fostered and encouraged is one of extreme paranoia and hatred for anyone who questions them.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah, I mean, I am sure they are enjoying this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/1 ... kface.html

Best case scenario is that this guy is just really oblivious to the world around him. Which is a fucking fantastic quality in a teacher.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 7:02am

Best case scenario is that this guy is just really oblivious to the world around him. Which is a fucking fantastic quality in a teacher.
No excuses and he gave no reason for wearing blackface. What the fuck did that moron expect to achieve. On shock value it's a winner all day long but seriously what a tool!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry, as a teacher I would hold him to a higher standard, surly he had to know this was unacceptable and very offensive.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 8:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry, as a teacher I would hold him to a higher standard, surly he had to know this was unacceptable and very offensive.
You would like to think that. Be interesting to hear what his background is. What sort of screening process the school provides. But I expect the truth is just plain old stupidity.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:10am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You would like to think that. Be interesting to hear what his background is. What sort of screening process the school provides. But I expect the truth is just plain old stupidity.
The most discomforting thing for me when I encounter ed students, or wannabe ed students, is that they say they want to be teachers because they love kids. Now, nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but I'd prefer someone wanting to be a teacher because they love learning and helping other people learn. A lack of intellectual curiosity is, I fear, a more prevalent quality among teachers than we want to believe. I could on one hand—and still have the ability to give a shitty teacher the finger—the number of teachers I had in high school who demonstrated a love of their subject matter. So the guy might be a racist and oh-so-boldly standing up to that lefty cancel culture … or he might be a completely clueless moron. I just can't dismiss the latter out of hand.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:10am
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The most discomforting thing for me when I encounter ed students, or wannabe ed students, is that they say they want to be teachers because they love kids. Now, nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but I'd prefer someone wanting to be a teacher because they love learning and helping other people learn. A lack of intellectual curiosity is, I fear, a more prevalent quality among teachers than we want to believe. I could on one hand—and still have the ability to give a shitty teacher the finger—the number of teachers I had in high school who demonstrated a love of their subject matter. So the guy might be a racist and oh-so-boldly standing up to that lefty cancel culture … or he might be a completely clueless moron. I just can't dismiss the latter out of hand.
My favourite teachers at school were those that took the time and effort to rationalise stuff with me. Not those that tried push their point of view down my throat. I was that kid who questioned everything. Just because you say that's right or great doesn't make it right or great to me. My art teacher taught me more than my English (a right bastard) because she made an effort to see how I was thinking then sit patiently and discuss those values.

This guy wearing blackface must simply be deluded. If he thought he would get away with it and no one would be bothered. As a shock tactic then 10/10 as an act of stupid moronic behaviour then 100/10.

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:55am
My favourite teachers at school were those that took the time and effort to rationalise stuff with me. Not those that tried push their point of view down my throat. I was that kid who questioned everything. Just because you say that's right or great doesn't make it right or great to me. My art teacher taught me more than my English (a right bastard) because she made an effort to see how I was thinking then sit patiently and discuss those values.
I regularly tell students that I don't especially care if they forget the details of lectures once the course is over because what we're doing in Arts and Humanities is learning how to think critically. All the classes are mainly practicing how to think better, applying perspectives they've picked up. Remembering the details of, say, the atomic bombing of Japan isn't what's important; it's about learning to think about that in a mature, critical manner. My interpretation of any of the topics isn't important. The strong students get it; the weak ones just want answers, what they're supposed to say for the exam.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 10:06am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:55am
I regularly tell students that I don't especially care if they forget the details of lectures once the course is over because what we're doing in Arts and Humanities is learning how to think critically. All the classes are mainly practicing how to think better, applying perspectives they've picked up. Remembering the details of, say, the atomic bombing of Japan isn't what's important; it's about learning to think about that in a mature, critical manner. My interpretation of any of the topics isn't important. The strong students get it; the weak ones just want answers, what they're supposed to say for the exam.
"how to think critically" that's it right there. Apply a positive attitude. We all know where we've been. Now how do we move forward and learn to produce a better outcome.

Could've done with you at my school.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Thinking about this moron a bit more. If he had been a teacher at my school he would've had the crap kicked out of him. My black mates would never had stood for that stuff.

He would've been begging the head to sack him.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia