No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:10am
Sparky wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 8:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 7:02am
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/1 ... kface.html

Best case scenario is that this guy is just really oblivious to the world around him. Which is a fucking fantastic quality in a teacher.
Sorry, as a teacher I would hold him to a higher standard, surly he had to know this was unacceptable and very offensive.
You would like to think that. Be interesting to hear what his background is. What sort of screening process the school provides. But I expect the truth is just plain old stupidity.
The most discomforting thing for me when I encounter ed students, or wannabe ed students, is that they say they want to be teachers because they love kids. Now, nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but I'd prefer someone wanting to be a teacher because they love learning and helping other people learn. A lack of intellectual curiosity is, I fear, a more prevalent quality among teachers than we want to believe. I could on one hand—and still have the ability to give a shitty teacher the finger—the number of teachers I had in high school who demonstrated a love of their subject matter. So the guy might be a racist and oh-so-boldly standing up to that lefty cancel culture … or he might be a completely clueless moron. I just can't dismiss the latter out of hand.
I know the people from my high school who went on to become teachers and it's fucking terrifying.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 9:10am
Sparky wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 8:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 7:02am
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/1 ... kface.html

Best case scenario is that this guy is just really oblivious to the world around him. Which is a fucking fantastic quality in a teacher.
Sorry, as a teacher I would hold him to a higher standard, surly he had to know this was unacceptable and very offensive.
You would like to think that. Be interesting to hear what his background is. What sort of screening process the school provides. But I expect the truth is just plain old stupidity.
The most discomforting thing for me when I encounter ed students, or wannabe ed students, is that they say they want to be teachers because they love kids. Now, nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but I'd prefer someone wanting to be a teacher because they love learning and helping other people learn. A lack of intellectual curiosity is, I fear, a more prevalent quality among teachers than we want to believe. I could on one hand—and still have the ability to give a shitty teacher the finger—the number of teachers I had in high school who demonstrated a love of their subject matter. So the guy might be a racist and oh-so-boldly standing up to that lefty cancel culture … or he might be a completely clueless moron. I just can't dismiss the latter out of hand.
I know the people from my high school who went on to become teachers and it's fucking terrifying.
This is also true. I can think of only one person I went to school with who, upon learning she became a teacher, I thought that she was really well suited to the work. All the others seemed perfect for continuing the tradition of making kids hate school.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or under the Dictator or Trump threads, fits well in all of them IMO.

Seems one of the January 6th insurgents just got sentenced to 60 days. Kind of surprised, her defense rationale was some priceless shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
Attachments
Jenna Ryan - HGT.jpg
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 2:44pm
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or under the Dictator or Trump threads, fits well in all of them IMO.

Seems one of the January 6th insurgents just got sentenced to 60 days. Kind of surprised, her defense rationale was some priceless shit.

60 days aint enough. Im kind of in the BBE camp in regards to a lot of these people. But seriously less than a year is ridiculous. Her white privilege didn't get her what she wanted but 60 days is pretty light all things considered.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 3:05pm
Sparky wrote:

60 days aint enough. Im kind of in the BBE camp in regards to a lot of these people. But seriously less than a year is ridiculous. Her white privilege didn't get her what she wanted but 60 days is pretty light all things considered.
I'm in 100% agreement with you. Treasonous behavior is good for a hell of a lot longer that that. IMO those convicted should be forfeiting their right to vote and remain on some type of lifetime probation of sorts, clearly somebody needs to keep an eye on them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

She'll be out in time to run and win a seat in Congress for 2022.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 3:49pm
Please allow me to edit my previous post with regards to MY sentencing guidelines.....they should also be banned from seeking public office and prohibited from owning / posseting firearms as well. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 3:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Please allow me to edit my previous post with regards to MY sentencing guidelines.....they should also be banned from seeking public office and prohibited from owning / posseting firearms as well. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Why do liberals hate democracy so much? :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 4:04pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I dont really classify myself as a liberal so...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 4:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Everyone knows that liberal = left = far left = ultra left = radical left = ultra radical far left. That's why Joe Biden is left of Trotsky.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Rope. Tree. Republican. Some assembly required.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 4:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Nor do I, I'm not on the right but not on the left either, simply someone who truly believes in law and order. Those who tried to overthrow our democracy on January 6 don't deserve to retain their US citizen ship because it's pretty obvious our constitution means zip to them.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 4:34pm
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Rope. Tree. Republican. Some assembly required.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

All 3 defendants in Ahmaud Arbery murder case....guilty. Good.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 2:48pm
All 3 defendants in Ahmaud Arbery murder case....guilty. Good.
I'm in complete agreement with you.

Now we'll have to wait to see what type of sentences they receive. I