No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 23000
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 11:04am
Does Dan White's Twinkie defence still have legs?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... acial-slur
Jesus, I hope he gets canned immediately.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 11:04am
Does Dan White's Twinkie defence still have legs?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... acial-slur
Jesus, I hope he gets canned immediately.
Something something cancel culture in 3 … 2 …
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 19762
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:18pm
matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 11:04am
Does Dan White's Twinkie defence still have legs?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... acial-slur
Jesus, I hope he gets canned immediately.
Something something cancel culture in 3 … 2 …
Talk to the (Dixie) Chicks about that, republicans.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 12:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:18pm
matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 11:04am
Does Dan White's Twinkie defence still have legs?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... acial-slur
Jesus, I hope he gets canned immediately.
Something something cancel culture in 3 … 2 …
Talk to the (Dixie) Chicks about that, republicans.
Well, that was, what, 120 years ago? Republicans care about freedom absolutely now.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Mossad Van Driver
Posts: 19762
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 12:40pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 12:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:18pm
matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 11:04am
Does Dan White's Twinkie defence still have legs?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... acial-slur
Jesus, I hope he gets canned immediately.
Something something cancel culture in 3 … 2 …
Talk to the (Dixie) Chicks about that, republicans.
Well, that was, what, 120 years ago? Republicans care about freedom absolutely now.
Ahhhhh, OK.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 519
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
That's absolutely astounding that he (Sen. Brian Kelsey) can even try to justify such a ridiculous stance. MAGA to the bone. God help us.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
That's absolutely astounding that he (Sen. Brian Kelsey) can even try to justify such a ridiculous stance. MAGA to the bone. God help us.
Make America Confederate Again.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 519
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:48pm
Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
That's absolutely astounding that he (Sen. Brian Kelsey) can even try to justify such a ridiculous stance. MAGA to the bone. God help us.
Make America Confederate Again.
The republican party really needs to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror, grow a set and speak out against this type of crap. Their party is so far from what it once was, it's hard to believe anybody could support a party that clearly supports racism.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13634
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:48pm
Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
That's absolutely astounding that he (Sen. Brian Kelsey) can even try to justify such a ridiculous stance. MAGA to the bone. God help us.
Make America Confederate Again.
The republican party really needs to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror, grow a set and speak out against this type of crap. Their party is so far from what it once was, it's hard to believe anybody could support a party that clearly supports racism.
The racists support it.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Sparky
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 519
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

And there's even more today. US Representative from Texas, Republican Chip Roy. Geezo, where do we get them?

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-c ... nce-2021-3

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 4:16pm
And there's even more today. US Representative from Texas, Republican Chip Roy. Geezo, where do we get them?

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-c ... nce-2021-3
No need to wear a hood these days. None of these fuckers see a reason to even dog whistle now, tho they'll also scream that they aren't the racists. That'll be the next stage—no longer denying it.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13634
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 4:39pm
Sparky wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 4:16pm
And there's even more today. US Representative from Texas, Republican Chip Roy. Geezo, where do we get them?

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-c ... nce-2021-3
No need to wear a hood these days. None of these fuckers see a reason to even dog whistle now, tho they'll also scream that they aren't the racists. That'll be the next stage—no longer denying it.
It's very jarring because these fucks were always around, but thanks to social pressure, they were quiet for a couple decades. It creates this weird sense of reality collapsing because it SEEMS like they're all coming very suddenly from nowhere and regressing us.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 95024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 5:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 4:39pm
Sparky wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 4:16pm
And there's even more today. US Representative from Texas, Republican Chip Roy. Geezo, where do we get them?

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-c ... nce-2021-3
No need to wear a hood these days. None of these fuckers see a reason to even dog whistle now, tho they'll also scream that they aren't the racists. That'll be the next stage—no longer denying it.
It's very jarring because these fucks were always around, but thanks to social pressure, they were quiet for a couple decades. It creates this weird sense of reality collapsing because it SEEMS like they're all coming very suddenly from nowhere and regressing us.
That was one of the ironies of Obama's election—it was read as an all-clear for racism to come out from under the hood. There has also be theorizing that it's a product of the Cold War's end. The Cold War external threat, so the idea goes, forced the right to bury its racist agenda out of prioritization matters. Once the Cold War was over, that agenda was allowed to reawaken and gain momentum.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 16094
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:48pm
Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:12pm
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/ ... -advances/

A) It's always weird to learn that shift like this is still on the books, like Mississippi not ratifying the 13th A until the 1990s.
B) And there are some assholes who just can't help but admit that they'd love to enslave others if they could.
That's absolutely astounding that he (Sen. Brian Kelsey) can even try to justify such a ridiculous stance. MAGA to the bone. God help us.
Make America Confederate Again.
The republican party really needs to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror, grow a set and speak out against this type of crap. Their party is so far from what it once was, it's hard to believe anybody could support a party that clearly supports racism.
I think for a lot of them its showing their true colors. They are no longer or are less inclined to hide these attitudes.

Post Reply