No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by matedog »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_David_Manning

This guy is a nut job. I'm trying to figure out where he falls politically. Seems like everyone, black or white, liberal or conservative, in power is gay. He seems a bit self loathing, but also is anti-gentrification. He definitely really really doesn't like gays.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 3:45pm

This guy is a nut job. I'm trying to figure out where he falls politically. Seems like everyone, black or white, liberal or conservative, in power is gay. He seems a bit self loathing, but also is anti-gentrification. He definitely really really doesn't like gays.
It's so easy to go to the "self-loathing closeted gay man" conclusion, but, yeesh, these people think about gay sex more than most gay people.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 4:05pm
matedog wrote:

It's so easy to go to the "self-loathing closeted gay man" conclusion, but, yeesh, these people think about gay sex more than most gay people.
And here it is...

James David Manning: Anti-gay pastor who insists Starbucks uses 'sodomite semen' in coffee admits he's been 'tempted by gay lifestyle'

He also praised Isis for stoning homosexual people

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 18805.html

"The thing that I was not aware of is that...what Starbucks was doing, is they were taking specimens of male semen, and they were putting it in the blends of their lattes," the International Business Times quoted.

"My suspicion is that they're getting their semen from sodomites," he continued.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 4:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

And here it is...

James David Manning: Anti-gay pastor who insists Starbucks uses 'sodomite semen' in coffee admits he's been 'tempted by gay lifestyle'

"The thing that I was not aware of is that...what Starbucks was doing, is they were taking specimens of male semen, and they were putting it in the blends of their lattes," the International Business Times quoted.

"My suspicion is that they're getting their semen from sodomites," he continued.
Is sodomite semen standard or do you have to ask for it?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

And here it is...

Huh, guess that's another reason for me to avoid Starbucks, as well as the fact I'm not nearly cool enough to know the lingo to place an order. Just give me a f'ing cup of coffee please!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 5:03pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

And here it is...

No if you don't specifically ask you just get regular ol semen, might even be from someone who had a vasectomy. If you're not willing to pay extra for it you might as well just get your coffee from McDonald's, who use dog semen in their coffee.

Like anything else if you want quality you gotta be willing to pay extra for it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 7:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 5:03pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

And here it is...

No if you don't specifically ask you just get regular ol semen, might even be from someone who had a vasectomy. If you're not willing to pay extra for it you might as well just get your coffee from McDonald's, who use dog semen in their coffee.

Like anything else if you want quality you gotta be willing to pay extra for it.
Back in the 50s, people were so hopeful, expecting to live on the moon, wear jetpacks, and have sodomite semen in their coffee. So naive.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So I turned on Match Game and for some reason Gene Rayburn is dressed like Mao:

Worse—much much worse—is that he and the gang are pulling out all the old Chinese/Southeast Asian stereotypes. It's jawdroppingly horrible.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

oliver wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 7:27pm
Hard to believe that made it past the censors and on the air. What were they thinking? :huh:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Sparky wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 7:37pm
Hard to believe that made it past the censors and on the air. What were they thinking? :huh:
I know something from that late 70s doesn't really fit in with this thread but it didn't deserve it's own one. After seeing some of the 'comedy' shows from the 70s/80s I'm not sure there were any censors looking at racism. The Krypton Factor though was seen as more sophisticated than a bog-standard game show.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

That's hard viewing. Not racism exactly, but sort of related. I rewatched the whole of Taxi some time back and loved it, but there's one particular scene in an episode where the main character Alex goes on a blind date with a large woman and Louis, the Danny de Vito character, basically fires a fusillade of bodyweight slurs at her, each one more insulting than the last. That's all it is, Louis chucking a barrage of abuse at her, the other characters mildly tut tutting and the audience laughing at such typical Louis scampish carry on. And i was shocked watching it, trying to comprehend how that could be deemed appropriate or even funny even in 1980 or whenever it was made. But, obviously, it was. And i can remember blackface still being quite common well into the 90s and don't recall all that much fuss being kicked up at the time. It's uncomfortable looking back.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 11:28am
It's uncomfortable looking back.
I was talking about how the Ace Ventura movies probably don't hold up that well the other day. Big yikes.