No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2022, 5:38pm
Oy vey!

David Bazzel looks like he knows where to get the good soul food in town.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

Needs more white people.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

Their ancestors owned slaves, and they'd like to reinstitute the practice, so they sort of have claim to the day. :twitch:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2022, 7:27pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

Their ancestors owned slaves, and they'd like to reinstitute the practice, so they sort of have claim to the day. :twitch:
Ah this means “save the date” not as in “hold it on your calendar” but literally it is a date that needs to be rescued from its current condition.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 May 2022, 8:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

Ah this means “save the date” not as in “hold it on your calendar” but literally it is a date that needs to be rescued from its current condition.
I foolishly got into an argument online with a right-wing ass who rejected Juneteenth as a “made-up holiday” (as opposed to all the other holidays that are derived from nature). I asked why, if white people agree that slavery was a great evil that deserved to be purged, any person should oppose this holiday. Certainly, it must be more profound to those descendants of slaves, but shouldn’t it be worth commemorating or celebrating for all Americans? I was told something about BLM and Marxism, so I left. But, seriously, it should hold the same status as the Fourth.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2022, 8:49pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

I foolishly got into an argument online with a right-wing ass who rejected Juneteenth as a “made-up holiday” (as opposed to all the other holidays that are derived from nature). I asked why, if white people agree that slavery was a great evil that deserved to be purged, any person should oppose this holiday. Certainly, it must be more profound to those descendants of slaves, but shouldn’t it be worth commemorating or celebrating for all Americans? I was told something about BLM and Marxism, so I left. But, seriously, it should hold the same status as the Fourth.
I had much the same argument with people at work who were upset that they have this paid holiday. They much preferred Presidents Day or Columbus day apparently. Their opposition obviously comes from a fox news/right wing talking point.

I even put it from a basic weather standpoint. Would you rather have off on:
A) A cold winter day
B) A warm sunny day
C) A rainy fall day

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 May 2022, 7:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

I had much the same argument with people at work who were upset that they have this paid holiday. They much preferred Presidents Day or Columbus day apparently. Their opposition obviously comes from a fox news/right wing talking point.

I even put it from a basic weather standpoint. Would you rather have off on:
A) A cold winter day
B) A warm sunny day
C) A rainy fall day
"I'd rather be working at a job I hate than give legitimacy to the experiences of black people in this country!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Oy vey!

I mean, if anything, wouldn't he appreciate the extra day off?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

"Let's not get hung up on this," says the guy who is the one making the fuss over it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
10 May 2022, 5:32pm
"Let's not get hung up on this," says the guy who is the one making the fuss over it.

So, does he think he's being clever or is he genuinely clueless?

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 5:38pm
Low Down Low wrote:

Hello,

Yes.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

The last time this dickhead came to my attention he was telling a black British born female journalist she should leave the country so I'd bet he definitely thinks he is being clever and intellectually rigorous and both clueless and classic white supremacist racist.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
10 May 2022, 6:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

The last time this dickhead came to my attention he was telling a black British born female journalist she should leave the country so I'd bet he definitely thinks he is being clever and intellectually rigorous and both clueless and classic white supremacist racist.
Personally, I demand white supremacists look Aryan superman, otherwise they've got no reason to think of themselves as supreme about fucking anything.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Low Down Low wrote:

He's *a* color, I suppose.

That color is pink.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I have to wonder who taught this little urchin that it's OK to whip you black neighbors. :cry:

https://www.revolt.tv/article/2022-05-1 ... d-charged/

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung