No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 8:50am
matedog wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 8:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 1:36pm
The driver — identified by police as 28-year-old Sunny White — was with her young children, Aryan, 4, and Nation, 2. Many in the community believe White is a white nationalist

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mika-wes ... d92f8e8dfb
Let's not rush to judgment people.

Also that shit only works if both kids are around at the same time. Otherwise, you are constantly explaining the whole setup.
:lol: Well, if someone introduces their kid Aryan to me, my Nazi detector is going to go off.

edit: I often wonder about these people, when they watch movies set during WWII, do they grumble about the wrong side winning?
And if someone introduced their kid Nation my idiot detector is going off.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My daughter a straight A student in HS with excellent SAT scores was told by teachers and fellow students that she owed her college admissions to affirmative action.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 6:53pm
My daughter a straight A student in HS with excellent SAT scores was told by teachers and fellow students that she owed her college admissions to affirmative action.
Ugh. Terrible that she had to hear that, but at the same time at least she understood what shitfucks those people are. That's such a frustrating thing about affirmative action programs is that assholes assume it means you're necessarily unqualified. Instead of, you know, seeking to counter the (un)conscious bias that privileges white people.

But, more generally, the Boss has told indigenous students that, however unfair it is, they have to work harder because white people will assume they don't deserve to be in school, that they got their grades out of pity, etc etc. Part of being a minority means having to work harder to gain the respect of assholes.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 8:19pm
revbob wrote:
Ugh. Terrible that she had to hear that, but at the same time at least she understood what shitfucks those people are. That's such a frustrating thing about affirmative action programs is that assholes assume it means you're necessarily unqualified. Instead of, you know, seeking to counter the (un)conscious bias that privileges white people.

But, more generally, the Boss has told indigenous students that, however unfair it is, they have to work harder because white people will assume they don't deserve to be in school, that they got their grades out of pity, etc etc. Part of being a minority means having to work harder to gain the respect of assholes.
I think what hurt her most is one of the students who said it was someone she'd known since pre-school and she considered her a friend.

My wife has been dealing with someone at work that had been showing some hostility towards her. My wife announced she was going to be recording all the meetings for record keeping etc .oving forward and suddenly that person has dialed the hostility WAY down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 8:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I think what hurt her most is one of the students who said it was someone she'd known since pre-school and she considered her a friend.
Awful. It's a terrible thing to find out that a person you trusted and valued possesses those kind of horrible beliefs. It might not be an actual betrayal, but it feels like it.
My wife has been dealing with someone at work that had been showing some hostility towards her. My wife announced she was going to be recording all the meetings for record keeping etc .oving forward and suddenly that person has dialed the hostility WAY down.
Funny that, huh? There's an unspoken awareness that they believe that in an I said/you said situation, they'd be fine, but if there's evidence, they know that they're in unsafe waters.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:

Good lord!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 8:54pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Awful. It's a terrible thing to find out that a person you trusted and valued possesses those kind of horrible beliefs. It might not be an actual betrayal, but it feels like it.
Funny that, huh? There's an unspoken awareness that they believe that in an I said/you said situation, they'd be fine, but if there's evidence, they know that they're in unsafe waters.
Hello,

Many on the right demand accountability but not for themselves.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 11:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 8:54pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hello,

Many on the right demand accountability but not for themselves.
After years of hectoring marginalized people to take responsibility for themselves and stop being victims, as well as to mock their bleeding heart allies, the right decided (when? I'm not exactly sure) to claim the status of victim for themselves, history's most persecuted humans. Which carries the benefit of not having to be accountable, given all they go thru, you see.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

I hope she had a good comeback response to such a thoughtless & ignorant statement.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 8:45am
revbob wrote:

I hope she had a good comeback response to such a thoughtless & ignorant statement.
She's only just told me like 9 years after the fact. Same with the shit she faced in elementary school. We were always close and all but she kept that stuff to herself unfortunately. She basically cut herself off from a lot of people from those days and seems better for it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:

This fucking sucks. I'm so sorry.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Geez sorry to hear about your daughter's experiences rev. People fucking suck.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 8:56am
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

She's only just told me like 9 years after the fact. Same with the shit she faced in elementary school. We were always close and all but she kept that stuff to herself unfortunately. She basically cut herself off from a lot of people from those days and seems better for it.
Hello,

I have occasionally told my son people like that are best viewed in a rear-view mirror.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 11:44am
revbob wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 8:56am
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hello,

I have occasionally told my son people like that are best viewed in a rear-view mirror.
Yeah, as you're backing up over them, ideally
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 10:31am
revbob wrote:

This fucking sucks. I'm so sorry.
Yeah she's come thru it ok and is doing well in grad school. It just sucks that she was going thru all that as a kid and didn't tell us.