revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 9:29pm
revbob wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 8:59pm
So it ocurred to me recently what are the chances that these "troops" in Portland are actually Blackwater types? Not sure if this question has been raised yet but the wife and I were throwing this about. I mean maybe the reason they don't have insignias etc is because they are mercenaries.
I'm not drawn to those kinds of conspiracy theories, but the heady mix of contempt for the law, dumb-assed incompetence, and allure of thuggery makes this difficult to dismiss. We know it'll be true if Blackwater gets stiffed for payment.
Im not looking at it as a conspiracy. This was done overseas and history has shown that tactics used by governments overseas are often adopted at home

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 9:53pm

Im not looking at it as a conspiracy. This was done overseas and history has shown that tactics used by governments overseas are often adopted at home
It's not a conspiracy if it's right out there in the open, right? The government has relied on hired goons for a long time. People don't talk about the last decent Republican president enough. Ike warned of the MIC in 1961 and then it came and them we just got used to it. Jesus, look at every aspect of society and I'll show you the hucksters.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
So it ocurred to me recently what are the chances that these "troops" in Portland are actually Blackwater types? Not sure if this question has been raised yet but the wife and I were throwing this about. I mean maybe the reason they don't have insignias etc is because they are mercenaries.
I'm not drawn to those kinds of conspiracy theories, but the heady mix of contempt for the law, dumb-assed incompetence, and allure of thuggery makes this difficult to dismiss. We know it'll be true if Blackwater gets stiffed for payment.
But it would be a conspiracy because it involves a plot and a subversion of the truth.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 7:04am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
But it would be a conspiracy because it involves a plot and a subversion of the truth.
Point taken. It was just something that occurred to me. The troops sent to DC all had identifiable markers on their uniform. I've since done some reading on this as I'm not the only one to wonder this and the explanation given by the government whether it is truthful or not is plausible.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Point taken. It was just something that occurred to me. The troops sent to DC all had identifiable markers on their uniform. I've since done some reading on this as I'm not the only one to wonder this and the explanation given by the government whether it is truthful or not is plausible.
What should give some pause is that when it's a Democrat in office, that's the kind of stuff that dominates the right (and, of course, disappears once a Republican is in charge). That doesn't disprove anything, but it does suggest caution in going down that road.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 8:35am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What should give some pause is that when it's a Democrat in office, that's the kind of stuff that dominates the right (and, of course, disappears once a Republican is in charge). That doesn't disprove anything, but it does suggest caution in going down that road.
Yeah I agree, role reversal and it would be right wingers saying they were UN troops or something. So yeah Im not ready to jump in the deep end yet but Im just kind of using history as my guide.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah I agree, role reversal and it would be right wingers saying they were UN troops or something. So yeah Im not ready to jump in the deep end yet but Im just kind of using history as my guide.
I'm not dismissing it because it certainly isn't beyond the inclinations of Trump and Barr. But there are other federal officials wouldn't have to be in on it or, especially, excluded, and the notion of someone not blabbing to a reporter is doubtful. One thing about the Trump years is that he's fucked with enough bureaucrats that they've been quick to leak to the press.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 9:06am
revbob wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 8:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm not dismissing it because it certainly isn't beyond the inclinations of Trump and Barr. But there are other federal officials wouldn't have to be in on it or, especially, excluded, and the notion of someone not blabbing to a reporter is doubtful. One thing about the Trump years is that he's fucked with enough bureaucrats that they've been quick to leak to the press.
Yeah you raise some good points there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Videos shed new light on police shooting of fleeing suspect, Juston Root

Dude was shot 26 times and was unarmed.

If you watch the video you hear cops saying it was "suicide by cop". Ive never given much thought to the term but seriously its just another way for them to write this shit off.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/26/ ... newsletter

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

And then there's Seehofer still pretending the shit hasn't hit the fan. It's disgraceful.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/worl ... group.html
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Olaf wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 5:39pm
And then there's Seehofer still pretending the shit hasn't hit the fan. It's disgraceful.

fuckin yikes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:

So Germany has an insignificant problem of one bad apple, too, huh?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 5:51pm
Olaf wrote:

So Germany has an insignificant problem of one bad apple, too, huh?
Yep.
Attachments
fallobst-aepfel-pb-2908856.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »