revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 9:52pm
Sparky wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 9:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 9:29pm
Sparky wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 8:40pm
Disgusting, I can't imagine even considering doing such a thing.

https://www.levelman.com/texas-cop-fire ... ther-town/
Guaranteed that he had lots of friends on the force who think he's a “good guy” who got railroaded by woke SJWs.
Per the article, he's had 2 poop related incidents, guys got some scat issues and has no business being in law enforcement.

My personal disclaimer - I have family & friends in law enforcement, I'd vouch for all of them, they are the good ones, top notch folks. It's a pretty stressful, thankless job nowadays, I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you, there are a few bad players in every profession, but that's no excuse. In this field, you have to be held to a higher standard.
Agreed but it isn't even an even standard its a very low standard. If any of us had done this we wold be fired, prosecuted and most likely convicted. Even if you weren't convicted that would follow you and nobody would hire you in that same field/profession.
I'm in 100% agreement with you, we'd be prosecuted and probably get sued as well.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Guaranteed that he had lots of friends on the force who think he's a “good guy” who got railroaded by woke SJWs.
Per the article, he's had 2 poop related incidents, guys got some scat issues and has no business being in law enforcement.

My personal disclaimer - I have family & friends in law enforcement, I'd vouch for all of them, they are the good ones, top notch folks. It's a pretty stressful, thankless job nowadays, I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you, there are a few bad players in every profession, but that's no excuse. In this field, you have to be held to a higher standard.
One of my nephews is in the RCMP. He’s a solid guy—conservative, but with a social conscience—and is well aware of what the institution does. But he’s still loyal to the institution in ways that I can’t fathom on a gut level. But then I also realize that I’m not loyal to any institution when it means superseding loyalty to people and/or principles.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:25pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

One of my nephews is in the RCMP. He’s a solid guy—conservative, but with a social conscience—and is well aware of what the institution does. But he’s still loyal to the institution in ways that I can’t fathom on a gut level. But then I also realize that I’m not loyal to any institution when it means superseding loyalty to people and/or principles.
My brother is a cop and fits your description above. Still, I hope he's one of the good ones, but I really have no idea what he's like at work.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 5:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:25pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

My brother is a cop and fits your description above. Still, I hope he's one of the good ones, but I really have no idea what he's like at work.
One branch of my family is full of cops. We don't have a lot in common.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Anyone else watch the Tyre Nichols video? I just saw it. I didn’t want to watch and put it off last night when it was released, but I felt like I owed it to Tyre Nichols. I'm not suggesting anyone watch it - it’s sickening, scary shit. Poor guy, didn’t do anything wrong apparently except try to run home to his mother. I hope those cops spend the rest of their lives in prison. Don’t watch it unless you can handle being angry and depressed for the rest of the day. I know I will be.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/us/tyre- ... index.html
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I keep hoping, whenever these assaults by cops happen, that, finally, this will be the event that leads to an end to qualified immunity and structural changes that will better inhibit them. Make a cop feel reluctant to use violence, make them scared of the repercussions if they force isn't truly a last resort.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This thread is mistitled it should be called Police Normal Conduct: Fucked

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 3:16pm
Anyone else watch the Tyre Nichols video? I just saw it. I didn’t want to watch and put it off last night when it was released, but I felt like I owed it to Tyre Nichols. I'm not suggesting anyone watch it - it’s sickening, scary shit. Poor guy, didn’t do anything wrong apparently except try to run home to his mother. I hope those cops spend the rest of their lives in prison. Don’t watch it unless you can handle being angry and depressed for the rest of the day. I know I will be.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/us/tyre- ... index.html
My wife & I saw a couple of excerpts on the news last night, but we haven't seen all of it. From what little we did see, we were disgusted and our hearts goes out to Tyre Nichols family. :sad:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I can't recommend highly enough Radley Balko's Rise of the Warrior Cop. Since the early 70s, there has been a steady institutional change towards policing that fundamentally treats the work as an extension of the military, with civilians treated as potential enemies rather than subjects to protect. But then, I suppose, it's an extension of the ideology of fear of one's neighbours that has come to be the norm.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 3:44pm
I keep hoping, whenever these assaults by cops happen, that, finally, this will be the event that leads to an end to qualified immunity and structural changes that will better inhibit them. Make a cop feel reluctant to use violence, make them scared of the repercussions if they force isn't truly a last resort.
Oh my Sweet summer child
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 8:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh my Sweet summer child
Give up hope, give into defeat. Sometimes you have to go for your heart to go on.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 8:59pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh my Sweet summer child
Give up hope, give into defeat. Sometimes you have to go for your heart to go on.
I think change is possible, but it's not going to come from incremental reform. Police have proven themselves too wiley and duplicatous for that.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 10:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 8:59pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh my Sweet summer child
I think change is possible, but it's not going to come from incremental reform. Police have proven themselves too wiley and duplicatous for that.
Certainly. But there’s always that one moment where things get pushed in one direction or another in ways that didn’t seem likely before. And this latest horror hasn’t generated the usual defence of police from police. I hope.