Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 7:57am
Ugly, horrible truth.

(Note: That's an RCMP cruiser, so the asshole's a fucking Canadian.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... 1658849140
An NYPD cop was suspended after an out-of-control road rage incident in Long Island where he followed the driver home and threatened the man’s family with a gun, officials said Monday.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 2:57pm
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... 1658849140
An NYPD cop was suspended after an out-of-control road rage incident in Long Island where he followed the driver home and threatened the man’s family with a gun, officials said Monday.
Huh. The very definition of a "good guy with a gun," yet doing something bad with that gun. Well, I hope he was suspended with pay.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/t ... -1.6546015

So, so much awful and fucked up here, not least of which is the obvious contempt and malice by the cops. Think of every shithead bully from high school—that's an embryonic cop.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 10:46am

So, so much awful and fucked up here, not least of which is the obvious contempt and malice by the cops. Think of every shithead bully from high school—that's an embryonic cop.
Wow. I had never heard of swatting before.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

So the hoax threat was about putting her life in danger and the Police pointed their guns at her. WTF! I read that correct, right?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 12:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So the hoax threat was about putting her life in danger and the Police pointed their guns at her. WTF! I read that correct, right?
The hoax part was someone impersonating her (or impersonating a household member) in order to get the police to show up under the misapprehension that she'd killed someone and could potentially kill again.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 1:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The hoax part was someone impersonating her (or impersonating a household member) in order to get the police to show up under the misapprehension that she'd killed someone and could potentially kill again.
Right—swatting is about getting the police to be your unwitting allies in harassing/harming your target. It works well because cops are into harassing/harming people.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 1:47pm
oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Right—swatting is about getting the police to be your unwitting allies in harassing/harming your target. It works well because cops are into harassing/harming people.
Hello,

Please be careful of applying what a few very bad cops do to all cops ("cops are into harassing/harming people") - such sweeping generalizations aren't helpful - or true.

While there are some cops who are despicable, many (most?) are good people trying to help society/people.

Anecdotally, I know a few guys who are cops. They're good people doing a tough job. They have more hate for the bad cops than anyone here - they're directly impacted by the actions of the few.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

gkbill wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 1:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Please be careful of applying what a few very bad cops do to all cops ("cops are into harassing/harming people") - such sweeping generalizations aren't helpful - or true.

While there are some cops who are despicable, many (most?) are good people trying to help society/people.

Anecdotally, I know a few guys who are cops. They're good people doing a tough job. They have more hate for the bad cops than anyone here - they're directly impacted by the actions of the few.
Counterpoint: no, you change your moral category when choosing to take orders from the powerful. They can be lovely out of the uniform and try their best in but they are despicable.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 1:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

The nature of the institution encourages even good people to do awful things. The nature of the institution also attracts and rewards awful people. There are good people in policing who resist doing awful things, but they are a distinct minority. Until the institution's internal stimuli changes to discourage horrible behaviour, this is the nature of policing and citizens should not give any of them the benefit of the doubt. Push comes to shove, they stand with each other—even with the bad ones—rather than with us. (Radley Balko's Rise of the Warrior Cop is a solid intro into the changes in the past fifty years that have turned cops from peace officers to militarized goons.)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc