The Dictator observations thread.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 7:09pm
I'm wholly ignorant of Haitian politics. What seems suspicious about the conventional story right now?
well, one "Gene Mayes" has declared himself "El Commandante" for one...
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 7:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm wholly ignorant of Haitian politics. What seems suspicious about the conventional story right now?
well, one "Gene Mayes" has declared himself "El Commandante" for one...
Again? Man, he just bounces all over the region doing that. I guess it only has to work once for the strategy to succeed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 6:25pm
A friend in Ireland and I have been drunkenly hypothesizing the recent events in Haiti. Ok to be fair I was drunk and he wasn't/isnt. Lots of shit not making sense here...
Well the story is changing it seems.

But if you're going to go into a predominantly black country to kill their leader shouldn't you yourself not stand out like a foreigner? It would be like getting a team of mercs from Mozambique and sending them to Russia with two white guys to kill Putin. And then seemingly had no real good plans for escape. But hell what do I know?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 8:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
A friend in Ireland and I have been drunkenly hypothesizing the recent events in Haiti. Ok to be fair I was drunk and he wasn't/isnt. Lots of shit not making sense here...

But if you're going to go into a predominantly black country to kill their leader shouldn't you yourself not stand out like a foreigner? It would be like getting a team of mercs from Mozambique and sending them to Russia with two white guys to kill Putin. And then seemingly had no real good plans for escape. But hell what do I know?
Not all operations are run by professionals. To borrow from Rummy (how's the heat down there, dickhead?), you do the job with the assassins you have, not the assassins you might want.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 9:22am
revbob wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 8:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Not all operations are run by professionals. To borrow from Rummy (how's the heat down there, dickhead?), you do the job with the assassins you have, not the assassins you might want.
Yeah fair enough. I perhaps tend to apply too much logic and reason to situations that dont warrant it.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Was going to put this in the Trump hissing thread, but probs better here:

One of the big weekly anti-mask/general conspiracy malcontents marches passed by my building a month or so ago — I was going to grab one of those public bikes from across the street, but the police had blocked off the road so this freak show could just get it over with. I was on the phone and describing the slow motion brain-death of Western civilization as I waited to get my bike and passed by these two sweet little old ladies on at the intersection excitedly discussing the goings-on. One of them walked by me a few minutes later as I was having a cigarette and rolling my eyes, a kind-looking grandmother type with a long, grey, ponytail — she turned to me and said, "This is why we have freedom in Canada! Right?!" without breaking stride and with the most feral, vacant eyes I've ever seen.

It was probably a racist thing combined with a Q thing, but I just felt such immense pity for these people. I'm sure a significant chunk of them are just hateful and dumb (and unwell), but I really do wonder what life choices/experiences lead people to find hope in these very very stupid places.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

https://www.livescience.com/collapse-hu ... rowth.html

I've been saying this for the longest time. Lack of resources will derail our society much sooner than the ice caps melting.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is beyond fucked up. Congrats on not being murdered at school, but dad thinks you're part of a plot.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/epnq84/ ... all-a-hoax

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 10:49am
This is beyond fucked up. Congrats on not being murdered at school, but dad thinks you're part of a plot.
Completely disgusting and at the same time, so very sad.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 10:49am
Seems like a valid reason to cut your father out of your life.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

His father was already an asshole.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

revbob wrote:
30 May 2021, 8:41am
Mimi wrote:
29 May 2021, 1:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2021, 11:01am
Sparky wrote:
29 May 2021, 9:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2021, 7:23am
Spot on observation. I think every job I ever held was my "dream job" for at least a few months, then it became more like the salt mines. I think that's probably true of most people, I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
Every job that has become unsatisfying has been for the same reason—a boss who fails to model the kind of behaviour they expect from everybody else. You expect me to give a shit? Then you give a shit, too. If you don't want employees to fuck the dog, then you can't be a lazy dick yourself. The best jobs I've ever had were where I had no or minimal supervision. Don't bug me unless I'm consistently fucking up and don't let me see what an irresponsible ass you are.
This is the truest thing, in my experience. Most every single job I had that I liked was ruined by a shitty boss.
Yeah for sure, the boss or the organization itself. its like there's this assumption that any happiness in one's job/workplace is the result of some inefficiency that is resulting in lost revenue so changes are made to eliminate fun/happiness.
I used to work overnight/weekend security when I first graduated from high school. That’s about as far and away as you can get from supervised work as possible. The lack of actual work gets depressing after awhile but it’s virtually stress free. One time I got stuck their for 54 hours straight during the middle of a blizzard. My relief called out so I basically just locked all of the doors and had the place to myself. Some of those jobs also pay surprisingly well. Like if it’s in a high end corporate office you essentially get paid 20+ An hour to walk around and watch cameras. It’s also 100% hands off most of the time. My manager was this 5 4” middle aged lady. Not intimidating at all. I would probably go back to doing it if I wasn’t a union member now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Cuomo to resign...