The Dictator observations thread.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 3:17pm
Goddammit, I've been summoned for jury duty for the first time in my life. Given that it's the middle of the school year, I'm hoping to get out of it. Otherwise I'm going to have to come off as a lunatic to be dismissed. Flex, what are some of the things you say about the Exploited?
You could always tell them what my dad used to jokingly tell me - "If they were innocent, they wouldn't be sitting there in the first place". :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Goddammit, I've been summoned for jury duty for the first time in my life. Given that it's the middle of the school year, I'm hoping to get out of it. Otherwise I'm going to have to come off as a lunatic to be dismissed. Flex, what are some of the things you say about the Exploited?
Hello,

Tell the court you're a teacher and an appropriate substitute cannot be found/obtained. Does your honor wish to negatively impact the education of our youth? It worked for me anyway - except I didn't really ask that question.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Oh, what do I think about adjudicating these matters in court? Well, let me put it this way: The Exploited really came into their own once they started incorporating crossover thrash into their signature sound on studio albums."
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
“Sure. I’ll serve on the jury. I can spot a guilty man from a mile away.”
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 4:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"Oh, what do I think about adjudicating these matters in court? Well, let me put it this way: The Exploited really came into their own once they started incorporating crossover thrash into their signature sound on studio albums."
I just want out of jury duty, not committed to a psychiatric hospital. :naughty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 6:30pm
I just want out of jury duty, not committed to a psychiatric hospital. :naughty:
Hmmm, well, I guess I'll save my material on the relative merits of their live albums for someone who really wants to get put on the jury blacklist.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Iwas chosen for jury duty once at like the orst possible time. Ultimately I was not picked for any cases. Truth be told a week before or later and Id have gladly done it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I've had jury duty three times and have never been chosen. One time, I knew someone else in the jury pool, the second time, I said the plaintiff looked a lot like our next door neighbor who was suing us frivolously at the time and the third time, they just didn't pick me. My advice, just be your regular sunny self!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 11:28pm
I've had jury duty three times and have never been chosen. One time, I knew someone else in the jury pool, the second time, I said the plaintiff looked a lot like our next door neighbor who was suing us frivolously at the time and the third time, they just didn't pick me. My advice, just be your regular sunny self!
:shifty:

I got a note from my mom (well, a letter from my dean) attesting that I'm teaching this term and no replacement is possible. I've submitted my request and would expect that'll be accepted given that I'm only seeking a deferral. I'm happy to convict a cop or a trucker or set free a shoplifter.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
That will get him in the defendent seat

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 10:16am
JennyB wrote:
You'll never take me alive, John Law!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 10:33am
revbob wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 10:16am
JennyB wrote:
You'll never take me alive, John Law!
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And I got my deferral. I will not be dispensing hot, cold, or lukewarm justice.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 2:19pm
Congrats!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 2:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 2:19pm
Congrats!
I feel like a real citizen now.