Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Flex »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 9:12pm
Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:41pm
revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:05pm
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has recently approached the N.F.L. quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the former Minnesota governor and retired professional wrestler Jesse Ventura about serving as his running mate on an independent presidential ticket.

Both have welcomed the overtures, people familiar with the discussions said. →
An rfk/Rodgers ticket is designed to make my brain explode.
I'm so glad that clown is gone from my beloved Packers. Also, the moment that story broke I hope he got a phone call from the GM of the Jets asking him WTF? Doesn't he have a football season to get ready for? I think current GB QB Jordan Love is a really good kid and I hope he has a successful career just because of that ... but I also hope he wins a couple of Super Bowls just to upstage Rodgers.
Rodgers quitting to go be rfk's veep candidate would be the jetsiest thing imaginable
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm not endorsing the forced sale of TikTok or anything, but I'd love to know what info the House and Senate Intel committees have seen. This is, like, as bipartisan a thing that's happening as I've heard of these days.

Also, as a professional type, may I just say "lol" at TikTok's extremely backfiring outreach campaign to get users to call their legislators. Talk about not reading the room.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Update on those Canadians who moved to Russia to experience Real Freedom™: https://www.wonkette.com/p/canadian-idi ... -to-russia
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 6:55am
Update on those Canadians who moved to Russia to experience Real Freedom™: https://www.wonkette.com/p/canadian-idi ... -to-russia

So should we still tell all the right wing nut jobs that if pride flags etc offend them so much that "they should move to Russia"?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 7:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

So should we still tell all the right wing nut jobs that if pride flags etc offend them so much that "they should move to Russia"?
Right or left, all those who are drinking Putin-aid can and should emigrate to Russia to escape imperialism and coercion and bask in pure liberty.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 7:48am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Right or left, all those who are drinking Putin-aid can and should emigrate to Russia to escape imperialism and coercion and bask in pure liberty.
Yeah Im amazed by the number of people on the left making excuses for Putin. It sesms like a weird mix of old 60s era leftists and very young leftists. I sort of understand the former but definitely not the latter. Mostly going from anecdotal info here so maybe my data is skewed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah Im amazed by the number of people on the left making excuses for Putin. It sesms like a weird mix of old 60s era leftists and very young leftists. I sort of understand the former but definitely not the latter. Mostly going from anecdotal info here so maybe my data is skewed.
It's the enemy-of-my-enemy thing. Both far left and right hate the US/NATO/West, so, ta-da, Putin becomes a champion. Oliver Stone got pulled in like that. Everything from western media is a lie, everything that comes out of Russia is accepted as truth. It's the 30s all over again—right and left alike running to the strong man.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Uh oh, Putin's gone woke!

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Hey, the dude won the support of 9 out of 10 voters. Don't see any western leader doing that well.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 9:06am
Hey, the dude won the support of 9 out of 10 voters. Don't see any western leader doing that well.
Well, not until Trump in 2028.

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 8:19am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's the enemy-of-my-enemy thing. Both far left and right hate the US/NATO/West, so, ta-da, Putin becomes a champion. Oliver Stone got pulled in like that. Everything from western media is a lie, everything that comes out of Russia is accepted as truth. It's the 30s all over again—right and left alike running to the strong man.
When I was on Twitter there was a LOT of Soviet nostalgia that would seep into even pretty "mainstream" left discourse. Genuine belief that the Soviets were good on women's and gay rights and so forth because of some archived rights declarations and whatnot and ignoring actual material history. That blends nicely with a disdain for the idea that contemporary Russia represents some kind of threat to global freedom and democracy because The Libs believe it which leads to a lot of this backhanded defense of Russia.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 9:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 9:06am
Well, not until Trump in 2028.
Sweet, sweet unity. :cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 10:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 8:19am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

When I was on Twitter there was a LOT of Soviet nostalgia that would seep into even pretty "mainstream" left discourse. Genuine belief that the Soviets were good on women's and gay rights and so forth because of some archived rights declarations and whatnot and ignoring actual material history. That blends nicely with a disdain for the idea that contemporary Russia represents some kind of threat to global freedom and democracy because The Libs believe it which leads to a lot of this backhanded defense of Russia.
And that’s something that I wince at when I see easy mocking of the Trump cultists. I mean, yes, they’re rubes, lining up for the grifter over and over, owning the libs. But it’s far from confined to that segment. At least back in the 30s there was the ambiguity about what was happening in the Soviet Union. The historical record now is as clear as it is bleak. As we used to say around here about binary thinking …

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Arend says he’s going to try to get the government to make a special exception for them about the language requirement, which doesn’t seem very in the Communist spirit.
People still think Russia's communist huh
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc