Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (72.56 KiB) Viewed 38150 times
:wtf:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Along the same lines, this is worth a read:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Thankfully, punching dyed-in-wool Bud drinkers is no deviation from my normal behavior.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm not sure the Armani one is true. He's in his mid 70's now, I think. That would have made him a kid in 1939.

Yeah, just read that Armani didn't start his line until the 1970's. The Hugo Boss info is correct.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

http://gothamist.com/2010/12/30/justin_ ... ote_is.php
Critics of the Islamic community center and mosque proposed for lower Manhattan were outraged earlier this month when they learned that tween pop sensation Justin Bieber had weighed in on the mosque controversy, in an interview with, um, Tiger Beat. According to mosque opponents, Bieber told the influential foreign policy journal: "Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque anywhere they want. Coming from Canada, I’m not used to this level of intolerance, eh." And the "interview" didn't stop there.

Bieber reportedly went on to say that Muslims are "super cool," Christians are "lame-o-rama," and that the mosque will help "start a dialogue" with all religions about which Justin Bieber song is the most awesome. "I was like seven when September 11th went down, and frankly I’m surprised people are still going on about it," Bieber is quoted as saying. "Move on, already!"

We were as shocked as you to read this—not because of Bieber's provocative comments, but because we never miss an issue of Tiger Beat, and we don't recall reading this interview at all. And after an exhaustive search of our collection of back issues, we confirmed that this interview never happened, and is indeed a cheap satirical prank. Salon points us to the website celebjihad.com, which posted "excerpts" from the "interview." The website's proprietor tells Salon, "[T]he fact that some people take it seriously is hilariously depressing."

Welcome to The United States of Dumberica, 2010 2011. Andy Sullivan, a construction worker who's been at the forefront of the "Ground Zero mosque" resistance, says his eight-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son have been banned from attending Bieber concerts. "I informed them, 'Hey guys, guess what? Justin Bieber spoke out for the ground zero mosque," Sullivan tells Salon. "My little girl took down his poster and said she didn't want to have nothing to do with him any more. These are my kids, they're living this thing."

And a Facebook group has added Bieber to their list of "companies who support the Ground Zero Mosque." In the weeks since, Bieber—his career in ruins—has been spotted singing backup in a Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover band, gigging in shabby hotel lobbies across the rust belt. But the former pop star still begins each set, performed for a smattering of his last die hard fans, with a defiant shout of Allah Hu Akbar. Then it's all Takin' Care of Business.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:http://gothamist.com/2010/12/30/justin_ ... ote_is.php
Critics of the Islamic community center and mosque proposed for lower Manhattan were outraged earlier this month when they learned that tween pop sensation Justin Bieber had weighed in on the mosque controversy, in an interview with, um, Tiger Beat. According to mosque opponents, Bieber told the influential foreign policy journal: "Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque anywhere they want. Coming from Canada, I’m not used to this level of intolerance, eh." And the "interview" didn't stop there.

Bieber reportedly went on to say that Muslims are "super cool," Christians are "lame-o-rama," and that the mosque will help "start a dialogue" with all religions about which Justin Bieber song is the most awesome. "I was like seven when September 11th went down, and frankly I’m surprised people are still going on about it," Bieber is quoted as saying. "Move on, already!"

We were as shocked as you to read this—not because of Bieber's provocative comments, but because we never miss an issue of Tiger Beat, and we don't recall reading this interview at all. And after an exhaustive search of our collection of back issues, we confirmed that this interview never happened, and is indeed a cheap satirical prank. Salon points us to the website celebjihad.com, which posted "excerpts" from the "interview." The website's proprietor tells Salon, "[T]he fact that some people take it seriously is hilariously depressing."

Welcome to The United States of Dumberica, 2010 2011. Andy Sullivan, a construction worker who's been at the forefront of the "Ground Zero mosque" resistance, says his eight-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son have been banned from attending Bieber concerts. "I informed them, 'Hey guys, guess what? Justin Bieber spoke out for the ground zero mosque," Sullivan tells Salon. "My little girl took down his poster and said she didn't want to have nothing to do with him any more. These are my kids, they're living this thing."

And a Facebook group has added Bieber to their list of "companies who support the Ground Zero Mosque." In the weeks since, Bieber—his career in ruins—has been spotted singing backup in a Bachman-Turner Overdrive cover band, gigging in shabby hotel lobbies across the rust belt. But the former pop star still begins each set, performed for a smattering of his last die hard fans, with a defiant shout of Allah Hu Akbar. Then it's all Takin' Care of Business.
Sigh.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Heston wrote:What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
I have, in the past year no less, actually played "Takin' Care of Business" (I did the rhythm guitar parts) on stage ... and sang/shouted the chorus, too.

It was a cheesy good time.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Spiff wrote:
Heston wrote:What's wrong with Bachman-Turner Overdrive tribute bands? They make it sound like a bad thing.
I have, in the past year no less, actually played "Takin' Care of Business" (I did the rhythm guitar parts) on stage ... and sang/shouted the chorus, too.

It was a cheesy good time.
On being reminded just now that it existed, I had to pop over to YouTube and hear that song. Now for a few a bars of You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and I'll collapse into a tired vat of self loathing.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

[youtube][/youtube]
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

tepista wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Chuck, as much shit as you get here, I hope you realize we love you.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Wolter wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Chuck, as much shit as you get here, I hope you realize we love you.
And I you.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Good to see I'm not alone in blaming Bayern Munich for the holocaust.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Anyone catch Monday's Daily Show? Great bit on Turkey Creek, MS and the madness of the situation.