The Dictator observations thread.

Politics and other such topical creams.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by revbob »

iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 8:24pm
And when the Matt Gaetz stuff came out you got QAnon believers saying, "I don't believe it! Let's see the evidence!" Like Hillary Clinton running a satanic-pedophile ring from a pizza parlour is a well-substantiated fact.
Right its easier for them to accept satanic child eating pedos scenario over middle aged douch bag with money fucking 17yos

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

iso74 wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 8:24pm
And when the Matt Gaetz stuff came out you got QAnon believers saying, "I don't believe it! Let's see the evidence!" Like Hillary Clinton running a satanic-pedophile ring from a pizza parlour is a well-substantiated fact.

Jordan Klepper's videos of talking to Trump supporters are unbelievable. And hilarious. Ah, cognitive bias, that's liberal elite bullshit!

I used to read a lot about the Nazis, particularly during the Weimar Republic. Always wanted to know how and why it happened, that they could get take power after getting 40% of the vote. Then one day, a couple of years ago, I thought, "Why am I bothering reading history? It's happening right now all over the world!"

There's been quite a few times when i've felt so depressed and frustrated that i've wanted to switch off from it all. But then I always think how irresponsible it would have been to have said in the 1930s, "Oh, I can't read about Fascism and the Nazis, it's too fuckin' annoying!"
I get such a laugh out of the Jordan Klepper videos trolling tRumpers, it's amazing how much they contradict themselves but still don't get it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

Conspiracy theories along with Fascism have gone mainstream with the Internet. When I was a lot younger i'd read about conspiracies, they're exciting, you think its the inside scoop. When you're young it's understandable, you're just not that well informed. Even if you're intelligent you haven't had much time reading serious books and proper newspapers. But most people who continue to believe in lots of conspiracies never get around to reading serious stuff. Unless they're a paranoid or political crank.

I was working with a very young black guy a few years ago. He was very smart, he was doing the accounts for a big company. But he didn't read much. He got his news off Facebook and what his mates had posted. One day he reads a story off his phone to me about the Chinese selling tins of human meat Africans disguised as corned beef.

I said that's fuckin' bullshit! I hadn't heard about it and there's no way all the major news organisations would have missed a story that big. He said I was "closed minded" for only believing the mainstream media and that I should do my own research. I proved my point, though, because I Googled it right then and showed him a BBC story about it showing him the fake photos https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-36341367

Anyway, how many people knew about the Illuminati 30 years ago? Not many. You had to go to political bookshops in the city to read conspiracy stuff or send off for it. It was a tiny cult thing, now everyone gets a link to it. I feel like someone pissed off that his favourite bar band is now doing world tours lol It's a load of shit. I'm my defense I was never that far down the rabbit hole. My big thing was always the intelligence agencies. And even that was reading about foreign operations rather than domestic paranoia.

I can see there's a Conspiracy thread and a Coronavirus Thread of Doom here, but i'll give them a pass. I don't want to bump into any true believers lol

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

iso74 wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 5:41pm
I can see there's a Conspiracy thread and a Coronavirus Thread of Doom here, but i'll give them a pass. I don't want to bump into any true believers lol
We don't have any, don't worry.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

iso74 wrote:
Conspiracy theories along with Fascism have gone mainstream with the Internet. When I was a lot younger i'd read about conspiracies, they're exciting, you think its the inside scoop. When you're young it's understandable, you're just not that well informed. Even if you're intelligent you haven't had much time reading serious books and proper newspapers. But most people who continue to believe in lots of conspiracies never get around to reading serious stuff. Unless they're a paranoid or political crank.

I was working with a very young black guy a few years ago. He was very smart, he was doing the accounts for a big company. But he didn't read much. He got his news off Facebook and what his mates had posted. One day he reads a story off his phone to me about the Chinese selling tins of human meat Africans disguised as corned beef.

I said that's fuckin' bullshit! I hadn't heard about it and there's no way all the major news organisations would have missed a story that big. He said I was "closed minded" for only believing the mainstream media and that I should do my own research. I proved my point, though, because I Googled it right then and showed him a BBC story about it showing him the fake photos https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-36341367

Anyway, how many people knew about the Illuminati 30 years ago? Not many. You had to go to political bookshops in the city to read conspiracy stuff or send off for it. It was a tiny cult thing, now everyone gets a link to it. I feel like someone pissed off that his favourite bar band is now doing world tours lol It's a load of shit. I'm my defense I was never that far down the rabbit hole. My big thing was always the intelligence agencies. And even that was reading about foreign operations rather than domestic paranoia.

The fact he didn't refer to the mainstream media as the "lamestream" media leads me to suspect he's only half assing it!

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

Low Down Low wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 5:20pm
iso74 wrote:

The fact he didn't refer to the mainstream media as the "lamestream" media leads me to suspect he's only half assing it!
Lamestream is more of an American thing, I think. It certainly was then. He didn't actually say 'mainstream' or 'establishment', he wouldn't use those words, he probably said 'big' or 'official'. That was just the gist of what he said. He's not political. Well, there was a political element in it as one of his friends obviously linked as a typical case of how black people are treated like shit.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

iso74 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 5:25pm
Low Down Low wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 5:20pm
iso74 wrote:

Lamestream is more of an American thing, I think. It certainly was then. He didn't actually say 'mainstream' or 'establishment', he wouldn't use those words, he probably said 'big' or 'official'. That was just the gist of what he said. He's not political. Well, there was a political element in it as one of his friends obviously linked as a typical case of how black people are treated like shit.
Ah right, was actually assuming he was American. My bad!

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

Aren't there a few 'rebels' who think covid is just a plan for Governments to control us? Or that vaccines are a Big Pharma scam? In the beginning my brother-in-law said to my parents that some guy who worked in the City told him that covid was something cooked up to deliberately tank the Economy???

Like most things, when conspiracies went mainstream they dumbed down for the masses. A lot of them jsut don't make any sense anymore. 9/11 was the tipping point. "It's an inside job!" They hit the World Trade Centre, that's an original conspiracy. You don't usually get the rich being attacked as part of a plot. "But the Government wanted a War with Iraq for oil!" So the Government attacked the Pentagon, the heart of military???

A soldier got beheaded in London by a jihadist. A Turkish bloke I worked with thought it was all an Islamophobic plot - incidentally he wasn't religious at all. One of the smoking guns in this conspiracy was how long it took the Police to get to there after witnesses had called them. So the Police were in on it? The Station Chief or whoever told the people on the phones, "A call's gonna' come in on Wednesday afternoon about a man getting his head cut off. Don't worry about it. Wait a while until you send a car out there."

An old woman I worked with was convinced the big pharmaceutical companies have got a cure for Cancer and every other illness. They just want to make a load of money selling pills that don't work. What do the bosses tell all those researchers? Take it easy, don't bother with Cancer, work on indigestion tablets. Or is it every few years a researcher rushes into his Boss' office, thinking he's made a breakthrough, only to be told, "Sit down, Mike. Close the door. There's something we need to talk about..."

On Cancer, I remember Alex Jones talking about Trump just before he got elected. Saying when he's in Office he'll reveal all about Aliens and their technology and we'll get "a cure for Cancer and all that good stuff!"

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Not necessarily conspiratorial, but the amount of usually rational people I hear say something along the lines of "thank god for Big Pharma...theyre the ones taking the risks, they're saving the world and deserve their profits etc", this stuff really boils my piss tbh. All these vaccines were researched and developed with public money, these corporations are taking no risks at all and are being assisted by states to maximise those profits by allowing them to hoard patents. It's morally indefensible. I admire Oxford for at least having the genuine ambition to help the poorer countries but that vision has utterly failed, at least half the planet has barely any roll out at all while we discuss whether we'll have booster shots or not with our back up supplies. That can't be right, surely?

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

Low Down Low wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 7:28pm
Not necessarily conspiratorial, but the amount of usually rational people I hear say something along the lines of "thank god for Big Pharma...theyre the ones taking the risks, they're saving the world and deserve their profits etc", this stuff really boils my piss tbh. All these vaccines were researched and developed with public money, these corporations are taking no risks at all and are being assisted by states to maximise those profits by allowing them to hoard patents. It's morally indefensible. I admire Oxford for at least having the genuine ambition to help the poorer countries but that vision has utterly failed, at least half the planet has barely any roll out at all while we discuss whether we'll have booster shots or not with our back up supplies. That can't be right, surely?
Of course there's all sorts of things wrong with Big Pharma. But you also have to remember how insanely expensive it is to develop a major new medicine. I could be way out, but I think it's something $2 billion, which is one of the reasons they fight to delay cheaper generic medicines coming on to the market.

But i'm talking about how people genuinely believe they're hiding something like a miracle cure for cancer. For one thing it's the typical conspiracy mindset of thinking they whoever they are, are all-powerful and all-knowing - Governments and Big Pharma aren't all run by masterminds. George Bush and Dick Cheney evil GENIUSES??? But worse is the assumption that logically follows on from that, that all these researchers must be in on it. It's like those on the Right who say all these meteorologists are promoting climate change for their own benefit.

People say these things thinking it's just a cynically realistic view of the world. It's not, it's an ignorantly simplistic view of the world.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

IRe: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Low Down Low »

iso74 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 7:51pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Of course there's all sorts of things wrong with Big Pharma. But you also have to remember how insanely expensive it is to develop a major new medicine. I could be way out, but I think it's something $2 billion, which is one of the reasons they fight to delay cheaper generic medicines coming on to the market.

But i'm talking about how people genuinely believe they're hiding something like a miracle cure for cancer. For one thing it's the typical conspiracy mindset of thinking they whoever they are, are all-powerful and all-knowing - Governments and Big Pharma aren't all run by masterminds. George Bush and Dick Cheney evil GENIUSES??? But worse is the assumption that logically follows on from that, that all these researchers must be in on it. It's like those on the Right who say all these meteorologists are promoting climate change for their own benefit.

People say these things thinking it's just a cynically realistic view of the world. It's not, it's an ignorantly simplistic view of the world.
Oh yeah, I agree with you on what you're saying about the conspiracy stuff, just mind boggling the kind of things people will willingly swallow and peddle. But I just tend to go into rant mode when I see or hear anything about big pharma! Every one of those covid vaccines was researched and developed with taxpayer money, near 100% in most cases so I can see no reason why any of those big corporations should be taking away such grotesque profits, while having shouldered none of the risk. And while half the globe remains unjabbed.

iso74
Corner Soul

Re: IRe: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by iso74 »

Low Down Low wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:43pm
iso74 wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Oh yeah, I agree with you on what you're saying about the conspiracy stuff, just mind boggling the kind of things people will willingly swallow and peddle. But I just tend to go into rant mode when I see or hear anything about big pharma! Every one of those covid vaccines was researched and developed with taxpayer money, near 100% in most cases so I can see no reason why any of those big corporations should be taking away such grotesque profits, while having shouldered none of the risk. And while half the globe remains unjabbed.
Isn't one of them only selling at cost, but yeah the others are making bumper profits. But even with the amazing research to get vaccines ready so quickly with the microchip, infertiliy crap. All these researchers, all these meteorologist, and now all these doctors are in on the scam. Wasn't that an early thing, lots of deaths are being put down to covid because the hospitals somehow get more money that way?

There was an infamous quote by one of the most vocal pro-Brexit politicians during the referendum campaign, "Britain has had enough of experts". Yeah, we want the fuckin' amateurs in charge!

iso74
Corner Soul

Post by iso74 »

These right-wingers aren't just stupid and incompetent, they're bloody lazy as well.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

iso74 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 9:01pm
Low Down Low wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:43pm
iso74 wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Isn't one of them only selling at cost, but yeah the others are making bumper profits. But even with the amazing research to get vaccines ready so quickly with the microchip, infertiliy crap. All these researchers, all these meteorologist, and now all these doctors are in on the scam. Wasn't that an early thing, lots of deaths are being put down to covid because the hospitals somehow get more money that way?

There was an infamous quote by one of the most vocal pro-Brexit politicians during the referendum campaign, "Britain has had enough of experts". Yeah, we want the fuckin' amateurs in charge!

Hah, yeah, the experts!

IPCC and 1000s of scientists warn of catastrophic consequences of climate change - "Fuck em, we've had enough of these experts."

Greta Thunberg warns of the catastrophic consequences of climate change - "what the fuck would she know anyway? We need to hear from the experts."

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

In light of SB 8 in Texas, I thought this was a fascinating article. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ns-107133/
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy