The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:58am
I know I shouldn’t but I couldn’t help myself on this one.
Egads man, I should start manufacturing tin foil hats, bet I could sell a million of them to these dolts.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
Ha! If these sinister liberals were so damned effective at manipulating people, they wouldn't need all these ruses. Schrodinger's overlords: diabolically competent and incompetent.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 2:58pm
Watched this this afternoon. It starts off talking about flat earthers, but then segues into QAnon.
I forgot to mention I watched and enjoyed this a few weeks ago.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:16pm
matedog wrote:
Ha! If these sinister liberals were so damned effective at manipulating people, they wouldn't need all these ruses. Schrodinger's overlords: diabolically competent and incompetent.
This is a high school friend too, not a random page (I definitely would not engage randos). We've done a few back and forths. My latest response:
"it just seems like a lot of work to try to preserve a single year in a governor’s term.
If you are going to go through that level of effort to coordinate an international conspiracy of scientists, doctors, and government officials, why not go for something grander? These global elites should be aiming higher."

She already responded:
"Believe me, they are.
However, if you want to be subtle about something, you start small, at local levels. Just like what happened with Hitler. He didn't start exterminating right away. (oh no I mentioned Hitler!)
But hey, YOU don't want to know about it, lest it shatter your world or YOUR perception of reality.
But if they're just "conspiracies", then you have nothing to worry about."

I'm formulating a response but might just drop it. I think the appropriate Hitler analogy would be that instead of the Reichstag fire, they coordinated various national governments, scientists, doctors, nurses all with varying motives and interests and framed the jews for...I don't know Spanish Flu or something. The timelines are wrong and it's further obfuscated by the whole "blame the Jews for the black plague" thing that happened.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:16pm
matedog wrote:
This is a high school friend too, not a random page (I definitely would not engage randos). We've done a few back and forths. My latest response:
"it just seems like a lot of work to try to preserve a single year in a governor’s term.
If you are going to go through that level of effort to coordinate an international conspiracy of scientists, doctors, and government officials, why not go for something grander? These global elites should be aiming higher."

She already responded:
"Believe me, they are.
However, if you want to be subtle about something, you start small, at local levels. Just like what happened with Hitler. He didn't start exterminating right away. (oh no I mentioned Hitler!)
But hey, YOU don't want to know about it, lest it shatter your world or YOUR perception of reality.
But if they're just "conspiracies", then you have nothing to worry about."

I'm formulating a response but might just drop it. I think the appropriate Hitler analogy would be that instead of the Reichstag fire, they coordinated various national governments, scientists, doctors, nurses all with varying motives and interests and framed the jews for...I don't know Spanish Flu or something. The timelines are wrong and it's further obfuscated by the whole "blame the Jews for the black plague" thing that happened.
Christopher Hitchens once put it as that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Cool, they have an explanation, but if it's just an explanation without evidence, it's faith. There's just as much evidence that what's happening is being caused by a time-travelling invisible Hitler from the 98th century. Prove me wrong!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

100%, baby.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 6:34pm
100%, baby.
Same, I thought they were gonna have some conspiracy theories tho. They just asked me about stone cold facts :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
100%, baby.
Same, I thought they were gonna have some conspiracy theories tho. They just asked me about stone cold facts :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
You would think that if the Denver airport one was right, you'd be swamped by the coolest bands being belched up by Satan.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

100%, baby.
12/18, so I guess I'm ready to be fitted for the tin foil hat now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 8:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

100%, baby.
12/18? You're also collecting jars of piss, friend.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 8:29pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

100%, baby.
How'd you know? :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 8:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 8:29pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

100%, baby.
How'd you know? :lol:
If I told you, you'd replace the pictures on the wall. :shifty:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

100% as well, though disappointed by the lack of Jewish conspiracies. Though I guess the lizard people thing counts. :shifty: :disshame:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 9:35am
100% as well, though disappointed by the lack of Jewish conspiracies. Though I guess the lizard people thing counts. :shifty: :disshame:
I thought it was assumed that the lever-pullers behind all those conspiracies were Jews. :huh:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 10:10am
JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 9:35am
I thought it was assumed that the lever-pullers behind all those conspiracies were Jews. :huh:
That's what we *want* you to think.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy