Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 10:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 10:10am
JennyB wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 9:35am
100% as well, though disappointed by the lack of Jewish conspiracies. Though I guess the lizard people thing counts. :shifty: :disshame:
I thought it was assumed that the lever-pullers behind all those conspiracies were Jews. :huh:
That's what we *want* you to think.
Okay, now I'm confused and scared and wishing I had nsc's special bunker phone number.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Surf School Owner Killed Kids After Being ‘Enlightened’ by QAnon

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matthew-t ... ref=scroll

Chilling...
Another member of the local surf scene told The Daily Beast he trusted Coleman enough that he “would have handed him my own kids in a second, to take them surfing.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 6:57pm

Chilling...
Another member of the local surf scene told The Daily Beast he trusted Coleman enough that he “would have handed him my own kids in a second, to take them surfing.
Yeah, trusted him right up until he drank the Q-Aid. Very tragic.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 7:18pm
revbob wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 6:57pm

Chilling...
Yeah, trusted him right up until he drank the Q-Aid. Very tragic.
Well lucky for that guy it wasn't his kids who were the victims. The surf school owner brutally murdered his own kids aged 1 and 3

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

And as long as we're talking about totally absurd conspiracies, tomorrow's supposed to be the big day. Advice to any Q member or Trumpies who may see this: don't quit your day jobs just yet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-li ... ent-2021-7

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 7:23pm
And as long as we're talking about totally absurd conspiracies, tomorrow's supposed to be the big day. Advice to any Q member or Trumpies who may see this: don't quit your day jobs just yet.

Just like the Millenarian religious movements in the 19th c, the date of Christ's return can be perpetually recalculated.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 7:56pm
Sparky wrote:

Just like the Millenarian religious movements in the 19th c, the date of Christ's return can be perpetually recalculated.
Yeah these kooks have been moving this goal post every month aince January or February m

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 9:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yeah these kooks have been moving this goal post every month aince January or February m
And haven't lost many adherents, so why not? Like a shitty film franchise, if you can make a profit recycling the same shitty script, keep doing it.

edit: And every time it happens, blame the devil. Or antifa: https://www.salon.com/2021/08/12/lindel ... symposium/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 6:09am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

And haven't lost many adherents, so why not? Like a shitty film franchise, if you can make a profit recycling the same shitty script, keep doing it.

edit: And every time it happens, blame the devil. Or antifa: https://www.salon.com/2021/08/12/lindel ... symposium/
What a pathetic man. I can only hope those who continue to spread lies and undermine our democracy are someday, somehow held accountable for their actions. I'm really hoping the Dominion lawsuit is successful and puts some very serious financial hurt on these folks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 8:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 6:09am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

What a pathetic man. I can only hope those who continue to spread lies and undermine our democracy are someday, somehow held accountable for their actions. I'm really hoping the Dominion lawsuit is successful and puts some very serious financial hurt on these folks.
They'll settle. Eventually the lawyers and finance people will tell all involved that they're going to lose, so it's whether they want to be wiped out or just wounded. Fanaticism is fun when it's someone else's money, after all.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My son's boss thinks the moon landing was faked.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 8:05pm
Beyond the counters that we've thrown around here, I like this response:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
Team "flat earth" just leaves me in stitches. Next thing you know he'll be telling your son tRump won the election, but Jewish space lasers and Chinese smart thermostats helped rig it.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 8:29pm
revbob wrote:
These visual effects guys went into some solid technical detail on how the photos and footage were not faked:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 8:29pm
revbob wrote:
These visual effects guys went into some solid technical detail on how the photos and footage were not faked:
The thing I appreciate about these kinds of videos is that they affirm the value of expertise. The confidence of an amateur working thru gut thinking and "common sense" just doesn't match up to those with technical skills. This doesn't always apply (e.g., politics) but on stuff that is dependent on hard science and technology, a trained expert is worth a million amateurs who confidently know what their eyes are showing.