revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:24pm
revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 8:54pm

That's not really them singing, you know. It's Supertramp.
I still recall years ago (early to mid 70s) as a kid visiting our Canadian cousins. Somehow we got to talking about music. I expressed my fondness for Black Sabbath my bother probably mentioned Zeppelin and my cousin replied "well I prefer Supertramp". I remember that line like it was yesterday. I never did get along with them.
Bullshit. Nobody in any infinite parallel timeline or universe ever said, "I prefer Supertramp."
First of all he's my Canadian cousin, and Im checking with my brother for backup on this.

My brother's response:

I can almost hear it with the accent and an "ay" at the end.
Look, Canada produced Justin Bieber and Celine Dion and Rush, so I'm not in denial of our capacity for profound awful. I'm just saying that it goes against the dictates of god that anyone could ever utter such an impossibility. Your cousin probably said, "I prefer eating racoon shit."
My brother says:
"He forgot the ay."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:08pm

I still recall years ago (early to mid 70s) as a kid visiting our Canadian cousins. Somehow we got to talking about music. I expressed my fondness for Black Sabbath my bother probably mentioned Zeppelin and my cousin replied "well I prefer Supertramp". I remember that line like it was yesterday. I never did get along with them.
Bullshit. Nobody in any infinite parallel timeline or universe ever said, "I prefer Supertramp."
First of all he's my Canadian cousin, and Im checking with my brother for backup on this.

My brother's response:

Look, Canada produced Justin Bieber and Celine Dion and Rush, so I'm not in denial of our capacity for profound awful. I'm just saying that it goes against the dictates of god that anyone could ever utter such an impossibility. Your cousin probably said, "I prefer eating racoon shit."
My brother says:
"He forgot the ay."
We don't write it out. It's just understood when you read it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:43pm
revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 9:48pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

My brother's response:

My brother says:
"He forgot the ay."
We don't write it out. It's just understood when you read it.
The other line that cousin is famous for is "we're trading kids tonight".

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

"I prefer Supertramp... die first, in this house fire that also takes the red hot chili peppers and the Gallaghers"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 11:02pm
"I prefer Supertramp... die first, in this house fire that also takes the red hot chili peppers and the Gallaghers"
Something of cosmic significance just occured.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 10:47pm
Ah, an old-fashioned Canadian child swap, where you put up your crappy kid and pick, by blind lot, another kid, hoping to upgrade.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 7:18am
revbob wrote:
Ah, an old-fashioned Canadian child swap, where you put up your crappy kid and pick, by blind lot, another kid, hoping to upgrade.
It was his way of saying some of them slept at our vacation rental and some of us got to stay at uncle Earl's place with our weird cousins. I stayed at our rental thankfully.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 8:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
It was his way of saying some of them slept at our vacation rental and some of us got to stay at uncle Earl's place with our weird cousins. I stayed at our rental thankfully.
I'm picturing Uncle Eddie's family from Vacation.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Those with an eidetic memory will know I love Aimee Mann and, by extension, the film Magnolia. There are a couple of Supertramp songs on the soundtrack that I'm almost no longer ashamed to say I like. I must be getting old.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

There was a song on the radio the other day which I thought sounded like Supertramp. Turns out it was Ozzy Osbourne.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Those with an eidetic memory will know I love Aimee Mann and, by extension, the film Magnolia. There are a couple of Supertramp songs on the soundtrack that I'm almost no longer ashamed to say I like. I must be getting old.
<Writes on shit list:”o l i v e r”. Underlines three times.>

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 8:45am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Earl was no Eddie in the sense that he wasn't a slob and didnt exhibit boorish behavior but he was a cold bastard as I recall and he's the one Ive mentioned in here that I had to run and hide from when I was a little kid because he was going to "give me a licking" with an old school thin yellow wiffle ball bat. I sincerely hope he never did abuse someone else.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 10:53am
There was a song on the radio the other day which I thought sounded like Supertramp. Turns out it was Ozzy Osbourne.
Not at all surprised.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 11:03am
oliver wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
<Writes on shit list:”o l i v e r”. Underlines three times.>
Rest assured I still remain firmly behind any merciless mocking of that techno cover of Logical Song from about 5 years ago.

edit
The worst song ever to get > 50m views on YT?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 11:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 8:45am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Earl was no Eddie in the sense that he wasn't a slob and didnt exhibit boorish behavior but he was a cold bastard as I recall and he's the one Ive mentioned in here that I had to run and hide from when I was a little kid because he was going to "give me a licking" with an old school thin yellow wiffle ball bat. I sincerely hope he never did abuse someone else.
Yikes, that guy. I’ve got some relatives who could be named village idiot, but nothing scary like that.