Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 6:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 5:41pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 5:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 5:35pm
How does the fascist caucus (Cruz et al) spin this to try to avoid blame?
Probably by playing the victim, just like Trump.
At the risk of losing their and their allies' support?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I just mean Cruz et al might try to spin today's events as "peaceful" protest in the interest of election "fairness". I don't think they can avoid blame for today's mess though.
The problem is that Cruz and all the other swine who want to run in 2024 are courting these fascists, so they can't fully condemn them. But it's a serious problem to be seen as with them. So they're in a tough spot, ambition-wise.
Oh yeah, sure, I agree with that. They are definitely in a tough spot as far as their long term political ambitions. Today's events will only make it harder to court both sides.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 7:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 6:31pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 5:38pm

Probably by playing the victim, just like Trump.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I just mean Cruz et al might try to spin today's events as "peaceful" protest in the interest of election "fairness". I don't think they can avoid blame for today's mess though.
The problem is that Cruz and all the other swine who want to run in 2024 are courting these fascists, so they can't fully condemn them. But it's a serious problem to be seen as with them. So they're in a tough spot, ambition-wise.
Oh yeah, sure, I agree with that. They are definitely in a tough spot as far as their long term political ambitions. Today's events will only make it harder to court both sides.
The other curiosity, I guess, is whether they still have the stones to follow thru on their bullshit theatre of contesting the votes in those four states.

edit:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 7:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The other curiosity, I guess, is whether they still have the stones to follow thru on their bullshit theatre of contesting the votes in those four states.
Was just wondering the same thing. Apparently the certification will still go on tonight on the House floor, so I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 7:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 7:14pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Was just wondering the same thing. Apparently the certification will still go on tonight on the House floor, so I guess we'll find out pretty soon.
Hello,

Apparently Rand Paul stated any objection motions previously considered would not be filed.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So Facebook is suspending Trump's account until after Biden's inauguration. Does that add pressure to Twitter to follow suit? And if so, does he blow his head off from a lack of spotlight?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Hopefully these Nazi scum will all die of the virus they claim not to believe in.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I sure hope this isn't the case. It's bad enough what our country has just been through (still going through) but this would really drag things even further down the shitter.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 12:57pm
So Facebook is suspending Trump's account until after Biden's inauguration. Does that add pressure to Twitter to follow suit? And if so, does he blow his head off from a lack of spotlight?
Maybe scared that a Dem led Senate might impose real restrictions on them? They certainly should have blocked him a long time ago.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Long piece on efforts by various private groups to secure the US election. Flex, did you have any contact with groups like these?