JennyB wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 12:00pm
GotGameGreggy wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 10:19pm
JennyB wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 4:43pm
GotGameGreggy wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 3:10pm

I'm in St. Louis County and I voted for the first time yesterday (I was 17 at the time of the 2016 Election). I voted Democrat all around. I know Missouri is very Conservative, but I wanted to do my part and make our state slightly less red. Every vote counts, we can make a difference.
Thank you for voting and nice to see a fellow St. Louis Countyian on IMCT! I was really pulling for Jill Schupp and really thought she had a chance. Wagner just sucks.
Yeah, I wanted Jill Schupp to win too. Not only do I disagree with Wagner's politics, Wagner also seems like the definition of a "Karen". She has that "I demand to speak with the manager" look :rolleyes:
She's awful. Never meets with constituents. Never holds town halls. I work in advocacy, and our organization spoke to her once - we happened to spot her in the capitol in DC and ambushed her. She suuuuuccccckkkkkssss.
What are your thoughts on Sam Page as county executive and Lyda Krewson as mayor? I've heard people criticize them, but I really have no opinion on either one.
Not a fan of Krewson. I think she has stoked anti-BLM sentiment. Page is better than the alternative. I like that he's a doctor and has been taking the pandemic seriously. Could he be more progressive? Sure, but he's fine.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Inder »

oliver wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 9:54am

Marjorie Greene got elected with 66% of the vote in my county so it's safe to say there are a few of them.
She really embodies the "swivel-eyed loon" ethos. I guess we can hope that maybe she'll shift her attention to thoughtful constituency work.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

With Biden now doubling his lead in NV and increasing his lead in PA...would be nice if they started calling some of these states.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 7:55am
Bad fist, that's a good way to break a knuckle or wrist.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 2:12pm
With Biden now doubling his lead in NV and increasing his lead in PA...would be nice if they started calling some of these states.
Georgia is definitely doing a recount, I imagine some of these are close enough to that as well.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 2:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 7:55am
Bad fist, that's a good way to break a knuckle or wrist.
Vampire physiology is different than humans. I mean, duh! :rolleyes:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 2:35pm
WestwayKid wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 2:12pm
Georgia is definitely doing a recount, I imagine some of these are close enough to that as well.
To try to squelch the stolen election crapola, it makes some sense for Democrats to not fight it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I checked in on FB to see how the T supporters in my family are doing. My oldest brother, one who I always thought had more sense, said he voted for T again because he "didn't think it was a good time to change presidents." I don't know these people.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 2:54pm
I checked in on FB to see how the T supporters in my family are doing. My oldest brother, one who I always thought had more sense, said he voted for T again because he "didn't think it was a good time to change presidents." I don't know these people.
This has given me new appreciation for my bland social democrat siblings. The most I can complain about is how cliched they sound at times.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Mimi wrote:
Quarter million Americans dead and that seems to a fine time to stick with the impeached president. Fucking baffling.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Him and nearly 70 meeyun (thats how the bloated Orangeman says it) others. There are members of my family who I like who I know are Trump supporters so Im in that same leaky boat. I dont think I'll travel to see family this holiday season. My mom was the last of the liberal/left of my hometown family and she's two years gone now. Covid is a good cover for staying away.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I don't get it either. Not him. :huh:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 7:36pm
My sister used to be pretty progressive but not anymore.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 8:31pm
Mimi wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 7:36pm
My sister used to be pretty progressive but not anymore.
I used to be a middle of the road guy but now I'd be out sinking yachts if I could get away.