The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Politics and other such topical creams.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Don’t be a bitch and yeah but this day! Any movement away from shityness ought to be celebrated.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

We can enjoy the sweetness of this moment, with zero guilt and tomorrow's problems can, just for today, be looked at tomorrow.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 8:15pm
We can enjoy the sweetness of this moment, with zero guilt and tomorrow's problems can, just for today, be looked at tomorrow.
Fuck yeah!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Whatever one thinks of Biden and the Democrats, there is so much joy to be had from appreciating the misery of Trump and his cultists (hi Steve, if you're checking in!). Think of how we felt four years ago. When evil is as miserable as we were, that is good.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 9:06pm
Whatever one thinks of Biden and the Democrats, there is so much joy to be had from appreciating the misery of Trump and his cultists (hi Steve, if you're checking in!). Think of how we felt four years ago. When evil is as miserable as we were, that is good.
We decided to drive through downtown today. It was a street party spilling with joy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 10:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 9:06pm
We decided to drive through downtown today. It was a street party spilling with joy.
Talked to a friend of mine in DC and he said that honking and cheering was almost immediate after PA was called. Like every major city won the World Series and Super Bowl.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

This Four Seasons story is great. Apparently the Trump campaign had planned a “big press conference” at the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia on Saturday. But they accidentally booked it at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, a private business located between a crematorium and a dildo store. Unable to admit their mistake, they went ahead with the press conference in the back parking lot at the landscaping place. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 3:16am
This Four Seasons story is great. Apparently the Trump campaign had planned a “big press conference” at the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia on Saturday. But they accidentally booked it at Four Seasons Total Landscaping, a private business located between a crematorium and a dildo store. Unable to admit their mistake, they went ahead with the press conference in the back parking lot at the landscaping place. :lol:
The lord expresses himself in strangely beautiful ways. :ugeek:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 5:57pm
I think we live in a country where Trump's followers will send him their money to get him out of debt.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 7:33am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Even better that it featured Rudy... :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Election called AND Depeche Mode inducted into the Rock Hall? Saturday was a good day.

Dave Gahan name-checked the Clash, BTW.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 5:18pm
Silent Majority wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 3:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 9:57am
https://local.theonion.com/fed-up-lifel ... 1845484744

Also, I looked at the front page of this thread and laughed at my naive idiocy:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Nov 2012, 6:53pm
Seriously, one thing that's good about this election is that thanks to demographics and mortality rates, this is the last presidential election that the Republican appeal to angry white men—basically, Nixon's Southern Strategy or variations of the same, which have been part of every campaign since '68—can be a successful methodology. If it wants to be a viable national party, the GOP will have to abandon (or at least seriously moderate) its racism as campaign strategy and, perhaps, policy.
i mean, Jesus Christ … :oops:
You weren't to know.
If I had a more jaundiced view of humanity, I'd be a better prognosticator, but a more unhappy person. :meh:
This is kind of where I'm at a lot of the time, though I try hard to be more trusting.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

WestwayKid wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 9:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 7:33am
Kimmelweck wrote:
Even better that it featured Rudy... :mrgreen:
Oh definitely. At this point my brain automatically inserts the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song at the end of every Rudy scene. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

My mom posted this fun pasta:
****I am making this post so it will show back up as a future memory on my timeline:
Today is four days after the 2020 election. Gasoline is currently $2.23 per gallon at Q-T. Interest rates are 2.99% for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 28,390.18, even though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33%. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. Isis has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest in over 20 years without any mortgage fraud (like in 2007). Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell within hours of going on the market, with multiple offers. In case our President actually loses this election then I can remind everyone of how great things were economically at one point in our history.
Keep a copy to compare later. 11-7-2020

Copy and paste with your local gas cost
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc